Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 6 40 41
apprentice
apprentice
- Delay Turn and Ready Action. These are core components of tabletop D&D tactics.

Last edited by Kavonde; 09/10/20 04:22 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Johnnyferalcat
Hey I was wondering if you could add a bard, The Bard is an essential part of a D&D setting and I think it would be really cool if we could play as a bard and I think it could work, a Bard is essentially a person who weaves magic through instrument, would the team ever consider adding it at all?

You should really have a look at the future plans beforehand.
They have many many things planned.

stranger
stranger
-Disengage jumping (distance) and remake the absurd animation (it looks like marvels hulk, if you jump high on a rock) +1

-Disable fasttravel on the minimap icon. Activate it only directly on runes (fasttravel points). Reduce fasttravelpoints radical, because we want to explore the map oldschool and dont want to teleport.

-Rework the restingsystem. You can beam yourself anytime magically out of a dungeon. We want to rest in a dungeon at a campfire. The "end of day" (long rest) option should setup a small campfire and bedrool at your position and only available, if there is a campfire. Fasttravel to main camp only available at runes (fasttravel points). Anymore: we want to enter and leave the camp normaly, not only via teleport. The onetime small resting should have a animation, like sitting down for while and do not heal only hp directly.

-Minimap is unclear - not clearly arranged. compass is out of the map

-Map: Be able to make our own notes on the map. +1
Anymore its unclear too and displaced if you setup your desktop scale higher then 100%.

-Baggage looks strange. Pleace add shields to the sword on the back, because if you draw your weapon the shield appears out of nowhere.
Anymore we need quivers, because its looks naked and unrealistic without a backquiver. Shordsword etc. should stay in a scabbard at you belt and not on your back.

-Party dialogue: let the player choose who speaks. +1

-A proper party size: 5 or 6 character party, 4 is too limiting for a D&D computer game. +1

-Character creation: more heads, size of the character

-Skill-checks: more detailled infos before diceroll

-More infos in chatwindow (lockpicking dc for example)

Bugs
-a wizard can learn cleric scrolls
-shopsitems reset after fasttravel (you can buy same things again)

Last edited by Micha LNH HSV; 09/10/20 07:27 AM.
stranger
stranger
Others

T
stranger
stranger
T
- Familiars shouldn't be able to attack unless you are a Pact of the Chain warlock, even then you have to give up your own Attack.
- Familiars should be able to grant the help action and deliver touch based spells with their reaction though.
- Reactions need a rework it's currently impossible to use featherfall for it's intended purpose. It's also impossible to implement the Ready action
- You shouldn't be able to tell your percentage chance to hit, you should just see your own result and whether that hits or misses. Same with knowing the DC of skill checks.
- You shouldn't get advantage for having high ground. If anything high ground could allow ignoring half or quarter cover if you get a better angle.
- Disengage should be separate from jumping and an action
- Jumping should use 5e jumping rules. Long jump is your strength score in feet *if you have a 10ft run up* otherwise it's half that. High jump is 3 + strength mod in feet with the 10 run up. You shouldn't be able to jump onto the roof of a house without the jump spell or the boots of striding and springing. Or be a monk. It shouldn't be a bonus action, just part of movement.
- Fast travel shouldn't use teleportation unless it's somehow tied to the wriggly wriggly worm in your head. That's pretty high level magic that you just use to save walking 100m. If fast travel is needed, just have it be signposts and there's a time skip while you walk there.
- Weapon skills like cleave and pin down aren't 5e things. If you insist on including them, make them part of a new feat or a fighting style
- It's too easy to camp, and there doesn't seem to be any chance to getting attacked in the night as you seem to be in some demiplane. Watch orders and random encounters are part of 5e, unless you have tiny hut or magnificent mansion.
- Short rests should also take an hour, and give you the option to spend hit dice to regain health. Not sure what the method is of regaining health on a short rest currently is. Depending on where you decide to short rest there could be interruptions as well.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Got another presentation/UI one:
Give the UI more of a pen and paper feel... right now itts too modern and slik for a Baldurs's Gate game. I'm talking more rustic fonts, paper/parchment backgrounds, stuff like that.

apprentice
apprentice
noo, please don't. If I wanted to play an old game, I play the original... I actually think the UI is way too cluttered.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Jumping:
Some sort of indication if a jump would result in falling damage would be nice. Perhaps use the system that projects a white character shadow when you haveto move a bitr to make an attack and the game shows you to where. If there was a white landing shadow for safe jumps and a red one for risky jumps. (Im not asking for it to be 100% accurate, just a risk indicator of some sort)

Magic Missiles:
When shooting all three missiles at the same target they all have a separate arc, while this looks cool visually it can cause an issue with terrain. I had an instance outside the tiefling camp there I had line of sight to an enemy and aimed three missiles on it, but two of the missiles collided with terrain in the way so it was only 1/3 effective. For magic missiles in particular this is a problem since this spell has the tradeoff of lower but consistent damage that always hit. If I can see a target and aim all three missiles at one target then all three should hit.

Update post about rules changes:
Some sort of community update talking about what stuff are intentional changes to classes and what is stuff thats not there at the moment but are planned to be implemented. (Im not asking to know exact details or dates, I know that would be impossible, just some insight as to what are intentional class changes and what is just an EA thing, and possibly what might be an upcoming feature in the near future.)

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by WarBaby2
Give the UI more of a pen and paper feel... right now itts too modern and slik for a Baldurs's Gate game. I'm talking more rustic fonts, paper/parchment backgrounds, stuff like that.

I agree with this. Especially items modern appearence, with all these rotate options, looks jarring. And item descriptions are often just one or two sentences. I really hope it's a placeholder.

enthusiast
enthusiast
IMO, your placement of jumping/action related stuff shouldn't be under other, they should be under the rulebook section.

- get closer to pnp. It's kind of covered, but i don't think the wording is quite right. The action economy can and should be as close to pnp as possible tbh. Same for jump rules, there's literally zero need to come up with ideas for either of those things, they're well defined and clear in 5e ruleset. Jump and disengage should be separate things. - D&D rulebook

- add the other missing actions fomr PHB/DMG: Disarm, Overrun, Tumble, Help, Ready, maybe even mark - D&D rulebook

- rogues shouldn't have two bonus actions. - D&D rulebook

- scrolls shouldn't be limitd by skill or intelligence, they should be limited by class spell list. - D&D rulebook

- add the cantrips that do specifically make surfaces (create bonfire and shape water).

- sneak attack should be automatic rather than an activated ability for rogues

enthusiast
enthusiast
User interface - I spent a LOT of time in character creation, and once in game there is pretty much no way to get a good closeup / screenshot of my character. Disappointing.

stranger
stranger
I'm really surprised that disengage is not mentioned! EVERY enemy in the game can disengage, move then shoot an arrow to my face. IT MAKES NO SENSE and it also limits the rogue's usefulness.

vometia Online Sleepy OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by WarBaby2

Originally Posted by rfuzzo
noo, please don't. If I wanted to play an old game, I play the original... I actually think the UI is way too cluttered.

IMHO the answer to this one is probably with modding as there's no single UI that will keep everyone happy. I'll still list it as needing "more customisation options" or something like that, as it would be nice to do as much as possible in-game.

Originally Posted by lele83x
I'm really surprised that disengage is not mentioned! EVERY enemy in the game can disengage, move then shoot an arrow to my face. IT MAKES NO SENSE and it also limits the rogue's usefulness.

That's the point of the exercise, to make sure everything is included. The original OP (OOP?) only had three things listed when I posted it! I think disengage is listed but it could be clearer so I'll do that when it gets its next review.

J'aime le fromage.
Great list so far, I would agree with many things on it. Found a slight mistake tho:

Originally Posted by vometia

[list]
[*] Dice rolls: these should have the bonus/penalty modifier added to the value of the dice rather than subtracted to the target. Apparently this is not just a subjective matter but contradicts the D&D rules that rolling a 1 is an automatic fail no matter what.

Natural 1s and 20s as in automatic failure and success are only a thing in Attack Rolls and Death Saves. A skillcheck with a 1 is not an automatic failure. If you have a +9 modifier you will never have to roll for any skill check 10 or lower, as it would be a success no matter the roll.

apprentice
apprentice
There has being a lot of discussion about reactions, triggers and the ability to select when and whitch reaction to apply in a more d&d way.

Last edited by Akari; 09/10/20 11:18 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I just found this threat, since I posted my stuff in another, here is the link to full thing: Link
Short description and update:

- highlighting should highliight all
- all characters should partake in dialog
- camera needs changes (range you can go and in combat -> multi level (floors) are hard to work at atm)
- Character creation: more information
- a "Chat" funktion to reread if someone aprroves or not and other dialoges.

Last edited by Lynoa; 09/10/20 09:24 AM.
vometia Online Sleepy OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Akari
There has being a lot of discussion about reactions, triggers and the ability to select when and whitch reaction to apply in a more d&d way. It's weird for me that its not in the list.

That's the purpose of the list: it's not definitive but rather a WIP as an effort to make sure important things aren't overlooked. I'll add it next time I edit the OP.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
I just started a new game and tehre is kind of a no go, when you create your : who do you dream of

- If you choose a man, he wears the same dress and jewellery as the female version...

At least it would be nice to change the clothes pritty please. (since I am female and play a female character, I would like to be allowed to dream of a man dressed as one XD)

stranger
stranger
Verry good idea Vometia
Thanks

stranger
stranger
Another suggestion to add in first post : chain/unchain system. How to select and group your party members.

Example in folowing topics :
http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=683088&gonew=1#UNREAD
http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=680868&page=1

Page 4 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 6 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard