Next Thread
Print Thread
#68354 01/06/03 06:54 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Acctually the really bad problem which could probably ruin the whole character building comes in the last and final fight its so obvious in any kind of rpg that a mage cant fight close quarter combat his whole strength developed through his magic and then instantly mage has been thrown in to a battle where he cant use magic where on the other side final boss keeps spawning a lot of his minions that odd pure odd in any kind of rpg i think its not fair larian wanna make final fight tough do some other trick but thats not a fair way.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I dont agree. The final battle was far too easy for me. Just avoid the enemy and when he is a little far use Hellspikes.

veteran
veteran
The DOL never got near my Sorceress. She wiped him out quickly and easily, and took no damage whatsoever.

I actually found it to be one of the easiest fights in the game for her.

Please click the banner...
addict
addict
yea, my mage conquered the entire wastlands, including the end battle, in about a hour and a half. way to easy.

there should have been more to the ending, it was just boring.

addict
addict
Konstantinos you used hellspikes? I read somewhere that if you use spells during the fight the game will freeze when you kill the demon and you won't get the ending movie. So I just ran in and started hitting him with my sword. My character was a mage but at this point I was so strong that I just clicked on the demon and watched, hitting F7 for health potions every once in a while. I didn't even run around to avoid all the clones and deathknights. Didn't take very long.

addict
addict
No, the game freezes only if you use, well, Freeze. And summoned creatures, I believe. The scorpion trap counts as such.

My mage froze the Demon of Lies, and kept shooting meteor strike at him until he was almost dead. Then I let him unfreeze and finished him off. Alternatively, my mage just kept casting meteor strike at the Demon until he died, ignoring all the other monsters he summoned in. (Decent armor, good resistance, plus shielding spells.)

J
stranger
stranger
J
I played this last battle through twice with my mage because I couldn't believe it was so easy the first time. I put up shield and spellshield, ran around a bit and fired off elemental strikes.

The second time was even easier.

I threw up a skeletal wall and a demonknight then threw three quick elemental strikes and down he went.

A let-down ending but a great game nonetheless.

And to get back on topic: Any chance my ranger can dual-wield in the sequel?

Suggestion for the next game: don't give all guilds just two quests, but give them more -in option-... I mean: let's say you go to the warriors' guild, and you complete the two quests this game has ( Eye of the Cyclops, and Dragon Heart ), then you are finished in this guild. So the only thing to do in DivineDinivity1 -> goto another guild for getting more quests. I'd like to see that when you TURN DOWN the quests by that second guild, you can go back to the guild you firstly worked for, and get extra quests. This doesn't make it impossible to join all the guilds you want, you can do it the way you like, but a new savegame would always give you options of doing new stuff, new quests.

How will I laugh tomorrow, when I can't even smile today...
veteran
veteran
yes. And u should be able to join the assassins guild. Or at least have people assassinated. And in a mut\ltiplayer part. U could go a group of people and pay them gold, and they would go and hunt down another person. But u could spend gold and hire guards that would be just AI...

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard