Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AlanC9 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Looks like she's just ignoring the whole thing.

I don't have a very good grip on her character yet, but I find it hard to believe that she'd be completely uninterested in this whole rolling-around-on-the-ground-with-a-knife business. She's going to have to deal with whoever lives through that, after all.

I can see her reaction being based on whether or not the PC tried to aid her on the ship.

Last edited by AlanC9; 09/10/20 02:40 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Agreed

journeyman
journeyman
What about Astarion's reaction!?!?! it is one thing to pull that off against a lone character it is very different to try that with two people or more people.

It seems that encountered was written on the assumption you would meet Astarion first. Yet you can meet him after meeting Shadowheart and Gale if I recall correctly.

addict
addict
That whole Astarion convo seemed like terrible fanfic. I didn't even get a dialogue option to pull my weapon out, like I did with Gale...like wtf? That whole thing was stupid. I ditched him, didn't even bother recruiting.

stranger
stranger
Yup, I encountered Astarion when I already had both Gale and Shadowheart. They were both just sort of...staring off into space when he had me pinned.

I mean, I get that neither would really be inclined to help out much, but we could at least get a snide comment like "I'm not getting involved."
Also yeah, seconding Gothfather, I doubt any sane person (much less a rogue) would try to pull a knife on a character while two others are literally staring at him.

Overall I'd love to just see more party banter and PCs reacting to things, like how Dragon Age does it.
Because right now it's really only the character who's doing the talking that gets to respond, while the other party members look on with glazed expressions in the background.

journeyman
journeyman
Im still puzzled why he's out and about in the daylight.

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
I caught him as he was pulling his knife and instead of fighting we had a friendly chat.

stranger
stranger
I think they assume you might find him first? I found everyone else before him though (Shadowheart, Gale, Lae'zel and then Wyll, in that order) so I can't really relate, lol. I just had a chat with him and recruited him though, but that's definitely a bit immersion-breaking for sure. It does feel like companions don't usually acknowledge each other's existence, though.

addict
addict
Even if he is the first person you meet, why there not an option for just drawing your weapon and fighting him? I found that really odd because there is a specific option for that against Gale...but not against a guy that held you at knifepoint? That just seemed so stupid.

veteran
veteran
In fairness, I feel like jumping in when someone has a knife to someone's throat is a pretty risky endeavour. Like the knife-wielder can probably slit the hostage's throat faster than you can close the distance or recite a spell, so it does make some sense that they'd keep back.

enthusiast
enthusiast
That's the problem with the cinematic approach: SInce you don't have to have her in the party at this point, she can't be a factor...
Originally Posted by BrianDavion
Im still puzzled why he's out and about in the daylight.

Tadpole man, tadpole... Larian's universal McGuffin to make everything work they want to work. wink

Last edited by WarBaby2; 09/10/20 07:12 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Even if she doesn't physically intervene, there's plenty of opportunity for other companions present to make verbal interjections (this goes for all conversations really). Even if she just said something threatening to Astarion while you were on the ground would feel more immersive.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, there needs to be more interaction from party members during dialogue.

Maybe this has to do with why the origin characters are not available yet. More dialog needs to be written and recorded while still in Early Access. Or are the voice actors not on payroll any more?

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Verbal interjections of some sort should definitively be there. And some option to either call for aid or say that "I got this, he's just lonely and needs a hug" or something like that.

A
AlanC9 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Jhelzei
Maybe this has to do with why the origin characters are not available yet. More dialog needs to be written and recorded while still in Early Access. Or are the voice actors not on payroll any more?

Or they recorded dialogue but haven't staged it yet. We've got a lot of dialogue without lip-synching, but I presume that will show up later.

stranger
stranger
Companions in general don't give a damn about your actions. Another example: they stand and not react as you lean in to the wounded Mind flayer to let it eat your brain. xD

Last edited by ZawiszaTheBlack; 09/10/20 03:03 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard