Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I know this is technically two questions... how do i first take direct control over my familiar like look through its eyes so to speak? Also how do i teach wizards spells to his spell book from scrolls?

K
stranger
stranger
K
1. You need to double click your familiar's portrait to take control of them. Not sure if they can talk to people, honestly haven't tried that.

2. You need to right click on the scroll and press learn - there will be a gold cost. If you have the whole party's inventory up, make sure to click the wizard's portrait first, then right click the scroll. Otherwise you'll technically be trying to learn the spell from whoever you controlling when you opened the party inventory.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
1. Familiar is controlled like any other character of your party (clicking on its portrait), you can move it as allowed by standard rules (base speed is different, as well as stats and skills).

Currently familiars can only use skills (hide, jump, dash) and their special attacks (varying from familiars), but cannot interact with items or people other than attack them.

Imp familiar (from Warlock) is very powerful ; 12m base speed with 18m flight, plus piercing attack that can poison, on top of that invisibility as an action and AC 16 + 10 HP + resistance to all damage...
May even be more resilient than a tank character, especially since a warlock can resummon it at will... :p

I'm eargerly waiting for the ability to cast spells from the familiar (making it a remote controlled spell), since speaking through them looks pointless in game (Larian may have to buff the related Eldritch invocation to make it useful).

2. Only Wizard can learn spells from scrolls (right click > learn spell)

K
stranger
stranger
K
FYI Quasit (also warlock) is bugged currently and can open doors - allows for some hilarious hijinks

Link Copied to Clipboard