Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#684314 09/10/20 06:01 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Greetings Larian team and community.
When creating a character I hope we should be able to choose our own equipment besides the class preset. 5E has starting gold rules per class, would like to choose which weapon I want to start with my character, armor and even support equipment like healing kits or potions. I know you start stuck in the Illithid spaceship(just kidding with the name dont kill me) but you could simply add a chest with the starting gear that you picked during the character creation, even if the later in game will allow you to mess around with your equipment, the fun of crafting your character is giving player agency to his personality and besides the way of talking of your character you can express it through preparation and martial prowess.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I agree!

I think it would be nice that if I am a drow with rapier expertise (racial trait) that maybe I can start with a rapier?

veteran
veteran
I also agree
That could be great.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
M
stranger
stranger
M
While I agree that it would be a nice addition, within the first mini dungeon the bandits kind of function as a way to pick up your weapon type.

They have a shortsword, two-handed club, several bows and staves, daggers, a shield and I think somewhere in that dungeon you can pick up a rapier. (not to mention some hidden goodies) I find it hard to think of a playstyle that's not served by this selection of weapons.

veteran
veteran
No good selection of armour tho.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard