Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Erisa D Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
My husband and I both bought the game, and we started our first campaign together. Then I noticed profiles, started a new name, but I don't want to go much further before I understand how those work...

Am I able to create completely different characters, that go on their own campaigns? Or do I just get one character creation, and I am able to play it under different profiles?

And just in case I am not asking the right questions, let me know what I am missing. TIA.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Hey TIA!

The profiles make it possible to completely differentiate two accounts.
You can use it to differentiate two players (you and a potential child who could play on the same computer or the same account as you) but also two different games if you don't want to mix them up.

For example, you create the TIA profile, on which you create character A. You can save the progress of character A without worries. You can also create a character B and save his progress. But be careful ! The saves will be in the same folder. So it's not always easy to tell them apart when you want to load or overwrite an existing save.

If you create the ORENIX profile, and you connect to this profile via the profile tab, you will not be able to load or overwrite the parts of characters A and B. And you will be able to create a new character such as C. reconnect on the TIA profile, you will see characters A and B but not C.

A profile also allows you to save a game in the cloud to transfer it to another platform. You can play at night on a computer, save your game in the cloud and play the next day from another platform by logging into the same profile. Please note that cloud save is not enabled by default.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate. And good game!

Last edited by Orenix; 09/10/20 07:58 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
What difference does a profile make? I tried to make a separate profile for using a different character, but it's not working.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Newtinmpls
What difference does a profile make? I tried to make a separate profile for using a different character, but it's not working.

Not working how? I was able to create 2 profiles to successfully keep my ranger and cleric's auto/quicksaves separate and can switch between them whenever. What problems are you experiencing?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well for one, the saves don't seem to use the profile name, they only use the 'where I am in the dungeon' nomenclature.

For another, when joining a game in progress (multiplayer) on my friend's computer, what profile I am loaded into seems to make no difference.

I still don't understand what a profile is supposed to do.

enthusiast
enthusiast
So...should I create a new profile for every character?

apprentice
apprentice
Huh. Well, I don't play multiplayer, so I have no experience with that, and I just use profiles so that my characters don't get mixed up, like I said above. I think it's all up to whether you find them useful. I guess if profiles aren't useful for you, then there's no reason to use them? IDK, maybe someone else has a better answer, but that's all I've got.

Last edited by tourmaline; 10/10/20 01:26 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard