Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by Chukkensorc
Look at it this way. It's basic capitalism. The shop has what you want. Supply, and demand. You might know it's worth 50 gold, but he's going to turn a profit. If I buy 3 longswords for 50 gold to sell them to others, I'm probably going to charge 150 gold each so I can get my money back, buy another sword to sell, and pocket 50 gold in profit.

Sure, but we're not playing Merchant Simulator 2020. I don't want to be told how much the base price is, I want to know exactly how much I can actually sell or buy the item for. You know, like every other game in existence does? I don't go into a shop in Skyrim or The Witcher and go to buy something that says it costs 50 gold, only for the shopkeep to jack the price up to 300 gold at the last second. Doing this just makes me want to kill the trader, which looks more and more enticing considering that killing people is the only way to get XP anyway.

stranger
stranger

Originally Posted by Tomoya
CHA was giving Wyll better prices in my playthrough.

Also, you can raise the "attitude" of NPC's just like in Divinity. You can do this through various means, but the easiest is just gifting them some items. The investment will net you a vendor to dump all your goods too for better prices.

Not saying I am in love with this, just explaining the mechanics to you.

I also had different prices based on who I was using for my vendor interaction. Shadowheart had the highest Charisma out of all my toons, so I used her for the sales. In fact, I didn't sell anything for a long, long time. I figured I would gain favor with the vendors by completing some quests first, and they would potentially give me better prices. That didn't seem to have much effect, but using a toon with a better CHA sure did the trick. I would guess it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-25% savings.

Ragnar Hammerhand
Slayer of Goblins
Lifter of Weights
Eater of Cookies
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Ragnar Hammerhan

Originally Posted by Tomoya
CHA was giving Wyll better prices in my playthrough.

Also, you can raise the "attitude" of NPC's just like in Divinity. You can do this through various means, but the easiest is just gifting them some items. The investment will net you a vendor to dump all your goods too for better prices.

Not saying I am in love with this, just explaining the mechanics to you.

I also had different prices based on who I was using for my vendor interaction. Shadowheart had the highest Charisma out of all my toons, so I used her for the sales. In fact, I didn't sell anything for a long, long time. I figured I would gain favor with the vendors by completing some quests first, and they would potentially give me better prices. That didn't seem to have much effect, but using a toon with a better CHA sure did the trick. I would guess it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-25% savings.

Yeah that's about what I was getting.

You could swap Wyll in for 16 CHA just to trade.

Even if he is not in your group, if you right click items in your inventory you can "Send to Camp." This moves the items to the chest located in your camp. That way they don't clog up your inventory and such, weigh you down. Then when you're ready to sell fast travel to camp (you can fast travel there without having to rest during the daytime) and swap Wyll in real quick, open the chest hit "take all" and off to the vendor you go.

As a free action, can I regret my life choices
apprentice
apprentice
Good suggestion for how to get better gold from vendors. Still, the point is that the price shown should be the price paid. Not some random percentage higher than that amount that I am currently uncertain how charisma and other factors affect. I, for one, do not miss the usual US system of adding tax at the register (shown price: $19.99, price at register: $21.44) instead of like, say, Norway, where the price on the item is the price you pay.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by Dragnsfire
Good suggestion for how to get better gold from vendors. Still, the point is that the price shown should be the price paid. Not some random percentage higher than that amount that I am currently uncertain how charisma and other factors affect. I, for one, do not miss the usual US system of adding tax at the register (shown price: $19.99, price at register: $21.44) instead of like, say, Norway, where the price on the item is the price you pay.

Looks like I'm moving to Norway then, cause I hate the US system too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dragnsfire

When it feels like buying a product is Fake News

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
The item has a "Value" not a price. The value is the general value of the thing. Weapons are more valuable than a Skull.
But what a shop keeper is willing to pay for an item depends on how well he likes you.
As mentioned before, the game does have an "appreciation" score, if you hit an NPC with your weapon you can see this score drop.

Most vendors will like you more if you get them a good deal, and this give you good deals later on.

I would love for an option for the party to be able to negotiate for better prices though. Either before hand, or after the deal, using a charisma check

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard