Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Perhaps adding one female character with a less abbrasive demeanor would provide some valuable data as to how much a companions demeanor influences peoples willingness to travel with them? I persume some characters like this will be added eventually and it would be a shame to put lots of work into characters like Shadowheart or Lae'zel if moat people will end up rejecting them once offered a full palette of possible companions.

journeyman
journeyman
It's mostly jerk characters now for testing reasons.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Skallewag
Perhaps adding one female character with a less abbrasive demeanor would provide some valuable data as to how much a companions demeanor influences peoples willingness to travel with them? I persume some characters like this will be added eventually and it would be a shame to put lots of work into characters like Shadowheart or Lae'zel if moat people will end up rejecting them once offered a full palette of possible companions.

Swen already said there will be more classes added to EA, more companions, more races, and features will be coming to EA. How about you just play with the features you have now test them and bloody wait for new content to be added once the current set has had a chance to be tested. It hasn't even been a week for christ sake.

And there is a specific reason why the companions we have were added first to EA. he said the reason in this video. i don't know where, sorry, so you will have to watch it to find out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5__muccL1c&t

Last edited by Gothfather; 10/10/20 10:43 AM.
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Raflamir
It's mostly jerk characters now for testing reasons.

Thats my point tho. How people behave when given a choice between jerk characters and non jerks is also valuable data for how to write the jerk characters. Especially if there is only one non jerk in a group of jerks so you cant have a ful, party unless you tolerate some of the jerks, who gets to stay in that scenario? smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Skallewag
How people behave when given a choice between jerk characters and non jerks is also valuable data for how to write the jerk characters.

They already have the data for this, and it's that the vast majority of people go for goody-two-shoes, both in choices and in companions. If they gave people equal number of good and evil characters, the evil ones would remain largely untested.

journeyman
journeyman
They aint jerks. If you roleplay as a Lawful Good character they appear as such. If you roleplay something else, they aint jerks at all. I think the companions in EA are very well written, are close to 5e lore and are super fun to adventure with. The animations, early as they are, still help convey a lot of what the characters are about. I think the finished product will be incredible regarding companions. This is likely the first time I've seen compelling and understandable evil companions in an RPG. They are really superb.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Honestly Shadowheart doesent come across as a bad person to me. Distrusting, snarky and sarcastic maybe. But given the fact that she was just kidnapped by literall brain eating aliens who can also mind control people id say part of that distrust is justified.

Lae'zel though. Hoo boy. She was giving me lip when I was on my way to help her so I told her to say 'please'. And when she couldnt even managed that id figure id let her rot for a few minutes before coming back to see if she came around. And when I walked off screen got an update that basicly meant that I left her to her fate. Whoops.

D'oh well. Plenty of teammates left to fill a full team.

apprentice
apprentice
I like Lae'zel. She's warms to you pretty quickly if you both agree how serious your condition is and that you trust her judgment on how to deal with it. Lae'zel and Shadowheart arguing about everything is very enjoyable.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by Ryllharu
I like Lae'zel. She's warms to you pretty quickly if you both agree how serious your condition is and that you trust her judgment on how to deal with it. Lae'zel and Shadowheart arguing about everything is very enjoyable.

Really? Was going to pick her up for the next playthrough anyway but seems im going to have to inlcude both of them in my party then laugh

C
C
They come off as some kid's first edgy DnD character lol

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Originally Posted by Ryllharu

Really? Was going to pick her up for the next playthrough anyway but seems im going to have to inlcude both of them in my party then laugh

Make you PC a gith and see how differently she treats you.

It's not her, it's you.

Link Copied to Clipboard