Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 41 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 40 41
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Loug
In 5E, Bard are full caster. I would agree than in most rpg, support classes tend to shine with larger party. However, that's not what bard are in 5E.They can fulfill almost any roll (from healer to CCer, etc.) and be really good at it as long as you build them appropriately.

I'm not knocking bards, I've played a couple, I've played with several others, they are a fun class they are a cool class, but they struggle to fill any of the staple roles (CC isn't a role on it's own) and with only a 4 man party it's rough to find a spot for them. They aren't going to out rogue a rogue for trap finding and damage, they aren't going to out wizard a wizard as the arcane caster/ranged damage dealer, they aren't going to out tank a fighter as a melee beatstick. They can be just about as good (only lacking revivify) of a healer as a non-life domain cleric or druid so they got that going for them.

Having said all that, this topic was initially raised about CHA based characters in Early Access. The Warlock was the CHA based character they chose over bard, they were the most unique.

Now, bards are coming, maybe later in early access, maybe in the full game, and I will definitely be playing one weather they expand the party size or not. If they don't I will take my bard as a healer who can CC, and if they do increase the party size I'll have all kinds of options for party balance to play around with and many types of bards become valid.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Oh now I understand what you mean. Yea I wouldnt be opposed to that. Thats a nice feature and Id love to see it. (the only minor issue with such a loot function is that it can diminish the narrative importance of for example finding a letter or something story significant on the body of someone specific.

M
stranger
stranger
M
First of all, thank you so much for early access, already had a lot of fun!
Some feedback from Russia:

- ITS _really_ need to implement scaling of the interface and fonts.
Like many players, I use a big TV + wireless keyboard and mouse.
To make out texts and interface elements, you have to sit almost as close as in front of a monitor(
This also includes the size of icons in the inventory, they are too small, as in Witcher (this is not cool), the real size of objects looks much better, like it was in Arcanum etc.

- A lot of bugs on the camera, it often jumps up and at the fantastic angles)

- I fully agree with the advice about the fog of war!
Now you can see what is happening behind closed doors smile

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Sigi98
I might have just been missing it, but where is the dodge action? Having no dodge action is catastrophal for the rouge.

There isn't one. This will also impact Monk a lot when it's added.

stranger
stranger
I know this topic has already been talked about. Certheri made some amazing points. I just want to add to the proper party size topic. Thank you. smile

http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=685704#Post685704

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Another point in favor of party size is that it would make the approval mechanic a bit more interesting since it will be harder to maintain a cohesive group of 6 characters.

L
stranger
stranger
L
The current hide function should be replaced with crouch and take movement, with hide a separate Action (also so the Hide Cunning Action can be a thing). Fighting in the main goblin camp there is quite often I'd want to crouch behind low walls for cover, but if the character is slightly in a vision field they stand up again.

T
stranger
stranger
T
New to the forums, signed up to give feedback on a game I am very much enjoying. I'm in agreement with the entirety of the opening list, as well as much of the commentary posted afterwards.

Originally Posted by vometia
Cantrip damage like acid shouldn't cause -2AC if it's not in the rulebook; Fire Bolt should not leave a fiery area with nothing to set on fire, Ray of Frost should only freeze the ground when there's liquid on it, etc. -- maybe rein in surface effects in general

I'm unsure if its been mentioned before, but in the case of the reduction of surface effects (which I think should be done) the cantrip firebolt should be restored to its proper damage. I'm unsure if other cantrips are suffering from this but firebolt currently does 1d6 fire damage, when it should be doing 1d10.

addict
addict
Anyway. Here is the list I compiledand and will try to make sure that I've deleted topics you've already mentioned. Sadly I do not have links to the individual topics where the excerpts are taken from. And I'm not going through 841 threads again smile
And sorry for a long list but tried to include pretty much everything except:

races/classes as more is coming
Reaction, as we know Larian is working on that
Bugs and glitches, as that belongs in that sub forum
Multiplayer and technical problems across platforms, as that also belong otherwise

So, for those that have some time to waste. Enjoy smile

Category: Character Creation

heterochromatic eyes and opaque eyes for tieflings

Change body volume/height.

Half Elf doesn't get Extra Skill like in the D&D Rulebook, is this intended?

Add more Backgrounds (Only way to get Perception for a Class that doesn't have it in its Class Skill is to take Sailor Background)

Add tail options for tieflings

Roll for stats vs point buy

Beards for elves. Call it a fake one for lore reasons if needed.

Add full access to information about how your character may develop, future feats etc.

All voices available for each gender is cool. but should be sorted.

"who do you desire" part -Yay or nay?. Discussion

Be able to choose deity. Maybe even ones outside D&D multiverse. I.e. The flying spaghetti monster etc.

Able to choose alignment yes or no? How much should it affect gameplay?

Makeup options: lipstick and face blush etc.

Customize/Choose visuals on your D20

Why no surname or sobriquet?

Name generator based on races

Category: User interface

UI is not very intuitive - lot of confusion where to find stuff. Make it more streamlined

Party formation arrangement choice (so you could set up how the characters were arranged, similar to the old BG games).

Separate spell book in UI for combat:

Spell icons. Having to slot a different icon for every possible level of every spell makes the hotbar incredibly cluttered. It would be much neater and more convenient if you only had to slot a given spell once, but when you click on it a smaller menu pops up to allow you to select which level you wish to cast it at.

TAB instead of LEFT ALT to highlight interactive objects. ALL interactive objects.

Allow targeting via portraits. Unnecessary to have several portraits of active PC.

Button to stop concentration on spells

Add the Dodge action and the Grapple function

It would be nice to see where you are reputation-wise with your party members

Being able to hide the UI

take inspiration from dragon age origin

A "Default Action" slot beside the current weapon attacks that we could drag things like a cantrip into would be great.

- an active search function. The passive perception works great for what it's supposed to do, but it would be nice to be able to actively,

Can we have an in-game notepad? like notes in the journal?

Category: Companions

Possible to re-assign the existing ability scores for companions? - not re-roll new ones, just move the old ones around. Right now, for instance, Astarion makes a poor Arcane Trickster because of poor int.

Animal companions should be psychical party members and have dialogue like in NWN. not conjured. Also add in a mule as an option.

Group movement improvements. auto jump. able to choose all. formations etc

I'd love if Lae'zel had specific dialogue for a Githyanki character

don't force my entire party to collapse back on the position of the individual who triggered the event. If you allow your players to take the initiative and make preparations in response to clues given in the environment it will deepen their immersion and enjoyment of the game.

I would love to be able to tell my Party members to "Wait here"

being able fill out your party witch custom made characters

Category: Conversation

Spells during conversation. Charm Person is used to gain advantage on Charisma checks, but no spells can be cast while talking to someone, and casting it outside of conversation triggers combat.

Voiced personal character dialogue too expensive?

speech DC should either be hidden all time or be visible in dialogue choice. or decided by class/high INT/WIS i e wizards know before hand. dumb characters don't.

Award XP for non combat solutions. i e friendly dialogue checks, lock picking etc.

Keep dc checks to one per conversation

dialogue choice tags, like adding a (hostile), (friendly), and (neutral) tag next to each option to guide us on how we want to RP our character.

Breaking the 4th wall. (I don't know if it was an accident of the performance of an actor or not but my favorite part of the game, so far, was a brief second when I failed a roll to crush a parasite and the last part of the outtake scene, my character broke the 4th wall, looked right at me and looked very disappointed in me. I sincerely hope that wasn't an accident because that was awesome!)

Conversation checks DC is too high

Add Dialogue lines in a UI-Log/journal for later reference

Dices. Add option to hide mechanic always.

Background choices should affect dialogue

Category: Combat

Enemy AI too intelligent. Different action pattern for different enemy types possible?

Cover system

Go straight to reload screen after whole party is downed.

Option to show hidden dice rolls i e attack rolls etc

Sneak attack should be automatic.

it would be interesting if after losing HPs and going under a certain threshold, enemies could be susceptible to be intimidated, persuaded to yield or scared by our characters using a social dice roll as their standard action for the round.

Option to allow us to manually roll the death save

Remove the screen 'shake' for when you select a spell but before you target it

Add flanking.

Switch percentages to rolls or hide it all together

Implementing an optional grid system

to examine a creatures stats to plan against them, maybe have it optional that a player must make a successful check (Arcana, History, Nature, Religion, Insight, etc.) against that creature to figure out its weaknesses

Ability to administer health potion to companion during combat. I e downed companions

Streamline dash ability, Too many clicks right now

Let a Character delay the initiative (or hold an action).

Double-tap of the space bar to end a character's turn in combat. More than once, I've been a clumsy idiot and bumped space without meaning to.

Change Monster levels to their CR from the books? Or have show HP instead of level

Category: Out of combat/world exploring

Better camera controls. add wasd movement and camera on mouse

Option to hide mini map

More short rests

Please let us click directly on the map to fast travel to the waypoints instead of having to use the side menu.

Be able to click on mini map and party goes there by automatic

Long rest punishment? Real danger - that the tadpole can really harm you and maybe lead to a negative story ending. Or maybe you are forced to take the pact with the deamon to survive or when you tried to rest in a dungeon and some enemies could break this action

Long Rests should consume food and/or water, to make its use lesser and give the player a sensation of "lost resources".

random encounters

Saving throws added for out of combat hazards.

Be able to pause the game

more auto-saves

i'm missing the immersive part of the game. For example, i think that the tavern was very important to set a pace for the previous games.
make the wild parts more alive, perhaps adding animals interacting with each other in random ways, like a wolf hunting a deer or a bear defending its young.

Use a magic item you find on the Mind Flayer ship and have it once per day create a Lymonds Tiny Hut. instead of having a camp in the forest.

keyboard shortcut for jump

pickpocketing mechanic. explanation and execution?

Right Click Party Interactions

Every character should be able to hold a torch

More books with depth

Category: System

Choose starting equipment

Spear should be versatile(thrown?)

Scrolls beside revify should not be able for everyone

Introduce components for higher level spells

When reading notes and books that are carried in players inventory, you're instantly returned to the game instead of the inventory screen. If possible could this be changed to return to the inventory screen instead of back to the game?

Daggers, rapiers and shortswords are piercing weapons not slashing

items color-coded based on rarity. yay or nay?

Arachnophobia mode

Add more in game accessibility options like subs for people with deafness. Less buttons needed to be pressed for people with movement disabilities etc

Slider for font size?

option for hidden save file of rolls per playthrough so you can't just save-bumming

better tutorials for players not into d&d

Explanation about trading. how base value changes to final price by reputation etc. That armor and weapons only retain half their value when sold etc

So my suggestion is to be able to separate out playthroughs under "load campaign. right now saves for different characters are mixed together and quick saves can overide quicksaves from other playthroughs.

Access to Candlekeep in Act 3 or we riot

Loading Screen: More Tips & Images

Category: Visuals

visible shield when sheathed

visible quiver

Put swords in scabbards, on your hip. Naked weapons glued to your back is silly nonsense.

toggle hiding helm

more animations for melee.

More variety in spellcasting voices

Category: Other

Spider egg weights 30 pounds. Intentional?

list of changes made by larian compaired to 5e

patron interaction for warlocks? yay or nay?

There you have it!

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 10/10/20 01:24 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Given that you can make a bearded purple human woman it seems kinda silly to restrict elf facial hair because elves dont look like that according to the lore. If we go by lore humans are not purple either. ^^

addict
addict
Btw, this is a compilation of 841 threads made by the community so far with excerpts taken from those threads + some made by myself so when it says "I", it doesn't mean that I suggested it. And several things I don't agree with but have taken into the compilation for fairness.

K
stranger
stranger
K
In my view, the single greatest issue in BG3 is how it handles spell/ability resource management: i.e., the long/short rest mechanic.

Short rests should be available whenever you're able to take a breather, not just once per day. The D&D 5th ed. rules as written place no limit on the numer of short rests a day and mandate a duration of 1 hour. Many DM's have house rules reducing this even further: Matt Mercer of Critical Role, for instance, allows his players to take short rests lasting only a few minutes.

Long rests, conversely, should be available only once per in-game day, and it is crucial that there be real, tangible consequences to the in-game passage of time, so players don't just blow all spell slots every fight. I can't stress this enough.

Now, while I personally abhor the resource recovery mechanisms of D&D 5th ed. and much prefer encounter-scope systems like the one in DOS2, BG3 is attempting to implement the former. Thus, class and overall game balance are impacted tremendously by how the implementation is carried out.

Example:

Assuming 5th level characters, four fights per in-game day, a short rest between each (i.e., four short rests), and finally a long rest:

* A fighter would be able to use 4 Action Surges (1 per fight),
* A warlock would be able to use 8 spell slots (2 per fight),
* A cleric would be ablel to use 4 (1st), 3 (2rd), and 2 (3rd) spell slots distributed as they saw fit across the day.

Assuming 5th level characters, four fights and unlimited long rests:

* A fighter would be able to use 4 Action Surges (1 per fight),
* A warlock would be able to use 8 spell slots (2 per fight),
* A cleric would be ablel to use 16 (1st), 12 (2rd), and 8 (3rd) spell slots.

Obviously, the second scenario is utterly imbalanced and would render content appropriate for fighters, warlocks, and other short rest-based classes utterly trivial for clerics, wizards, and other classes based on long-rest resource recovery.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Jonneh
Originally Posted by Koshea
Originally Posted by nikssana
EA need a CHA based class added there is all but CHA one why

Warlock Class is in the game and CHA based

Sorcerer is incredibly similar to wizard so no reason to make it an EA class as well, and Bard is, well bard is a 5th wheel in a 4 man max party. So Warlock you get.

I'm glad the class types are very distinct, maybe the ranger has some gray area between warrior and rogue but otherwise very distinct playstyles for all the EA classes while they fine tune the game.

Extremely strange swipe at bards, actually one of the top tier classes of 5e.

Sorcerer's also have meta magic, an extremely different spin on the caster archetype.

This comes back to the need for Larian to better differentiate classes.

Agi Offline
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Patryn
Summarized suggestions
1. Spellcasting UI by spell level separate from the hotbar.
2. Spells/abilities that can only target self or have no target should activate in one click.
3. Shared party inventory/bartering.
4. Left alt toggle option.

Fully agree on all that: the hotbar as it is now is a mess; spells and abilities should be separate from scrolls and potions. If i can use Dash only on myself no need to double click to activate and micromanaging the inventory is just a pain in the you_know_where and adds nothing to the game.

I want to add another suggestion about trading. We all know how to do it:
move the Paladin, Druid, whoever is the most charismatic in talk range of the merchant; must be done because it would often not be able to walk
load him with everything you want to sell: three platemail suits, a couple halberds and mauls, half a dozen sacks of potatoes and flour
have him talk to the merchant and get the best prices

You dont need to be very smart to do that and it's just an annoyance that repeats every bloody time we need to unload our loot to cash in. If you want to give a value to charisma, usually a dump stats if you are not one of the classes that need it, use the best charisma of the members of the party even if the one talking to the shopkeer is an half orc warrior

veteran
veteran
A) Perhaps the very first Tutorial message should be "Tutorial messages appear in the top right under the map" and be very difficult to miss. Right now it is pretty easy to miss the tutorial messages, as those are a bit subtle. That's great for replays, it's only not realizing you need to look there the first time through which is a problem.

B) Remove Trap Disarm Kits, and have Thieves Tools be used for trap disarming. However, if you fail to disarm a trap, the Thieves Tools are not consumed like for failed lockpicking, but the trap triggers.

C) Ritual Spellcasting should be added. To reflect the amount of time the actual rules say it takes, it should take 30 seconds to 1 minute of real time to ritually cast a spell. This will give it the appropriate feeling that this is not something you can do quickly.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I've done my best to keep in mind 12 pages of suggestions which I have read but apologies if there is any duplication;

I know the game is in EA so will not comment on stability, quest breaks, glitches and what I believe will likely be implemented (like additional spells, NPCs, dialogue options or items)

General:

0. Why do I care? - We need to care about our character and companions. Give us reasons to bond, dislike, agree, argue and generally care.
(I believe Larian always intend to do this but I found the absence of even basic motivation and background in EA surprising.)

1. If dynamic night & day is too much of a hassle can we have a static night/day? -Stealth is much easier at night.
2. Travelling merchants to allow basic items would be useful
3. Merchant protection - If they have a lot of gold and magic items they are a magnet for thieving. They should have guards etc but they should also be up for grabs if you're pillaging.
4. Local knowledge - you should be able to talk to the locals to understand what's happening in and around your location. Without knowing preparation becomes very difficult.
5. Reputation - doing things that are highly visible should garner a repuration one way or another
6. You made us link steam to the LArian account and allow crash reports - why not templated feedback reports? Multiple choice so you don;t get massive lists liek this?

Exploration:

1. Party formations - Everyone likes a different setup like a specific NPC in the middle or up front etc.
2. When a role to detect a trap etc *is successful* the party should auto stop. -Walked into a few detected traps
3. Environment clues - example; owlbear caves tend to have owlbear tracks, scent remains etc.
4. Consumption mechanics - food and water necessities of some sort could add to the need to make camp and converse with NPCs.
5. Water exploration - swimming or boating could present some great opportunities.
6. Aerial exploration - hot air balloon? Dragon riding? Potion of levitation?

Stealth:

1. At some point I'd expect enemies to move. Camping forever does not allow a lot of stealth
2. If I can move boxes and pile them 3-4 high why can't I jump on top of them?
3. Jumping is an OK replacement mechanic but some form of flying, climbing, grappling will add great options.
4. Disguising ourselves should be possible. That includes using a box or bush as moving cover.
5. Jumping always works - no danger in walking a narrow beam 10 meters off the ground. Tension makes scenes.

Combat:

1. Collateral/spalsh damage - Missing an enemy with a ranged weapon might hit a close-by enemy or someone behind.
2. Acid is a terrible thing it makes no sense that it only causes an AC penalty. Call it corrosion or something.
3. Injury - bleeding, broken bones, incapacitation, limb loss etc would add a lot to the riskiness of battle and the necessity of rest.
4. Morale/emotions - the last 10HP golbin charging at my 4th level group makes no sense. That little runt should run for its life. Only undead and other special states fight to the death without question.
Fear, panic, amok, courage, rage etc should all be included in battle.
5. Set actions - basic actions that require no class seem to be missing; like charging at an enemy, choosing to focus only on defence or protecting an NPC by physically blocking access to it and keeping between it and an attacker
6. Attack from above - jumping down on an enemy seems a foregone conclusion if we can jump up.
7. Combinations - it would be nice if afte rdeveloping a bond with an NPC that attacks can combine. Push/pull etc.

I hope this list is useful and helps enrich a game with massive potential.

F
stranger
stranger
F
A great list. And Larian, this is really great work you've done. I hope your devs are seeing all this feedback as a sign of respect for your craft and a love of DnD.

Here's my adds to this post:
- On the character panel screens (sheet, equipment, inventory, etc), make the currently active/selected character easier to identify
- Make scrolls show whether Wizards have or haven't learned it (either one)
- Make weapons and armour list who in your party has the proficiency to use it (don't list them if they don't). Use a coloured font for their name or add coloured dot to show the rarity of the item they currently have equipped in that slot.
- Fix the targeting when you're in a building. We're getting far too much pathing to the roof when we're clicking things inside
- Can we get a ground highlight for places we can jump to just like the sneak/visibility indicators?
- Ancient Mud Mephits seem to summon 2-3 Young Mud Mephits each. If they can't get to you, combat drags out while waiting for each mephit to figure out that it can't get to you.
- Dragging and moving characters in the party display (bottom left) seems too easy, while dragging and moving items in inventory seems too hard/laggy
- Can we get a "hold shift to select multiple" option for inventory items? Make it easy to drag a group from one place to another, or to tag as Wares or not, etc
- Can you make higher level spells stand out differently to lower level spells in the Spellbook screen? For example, we can see all the spell level 2 spells AND the spell level 1 spells on the Spell Level 2 line. Of course I'd like to be able to hotbar slot spells based on their level, but in the spellbook I'd like to see on each spell level line which spells can only be prepared from that spell level.
- Maybe make a row of buttons above the hotbar that represent Cantrips (C) and spell levels 1 - 9, allow us to hover over them to bring up a list of prepared spells at that level? One more button to the left for innate abilities, and we'd have a far neater hotbar that we wouldn't have to keep fiddling with.
- In combat, make climbing use movement
- Please remove fast travel in lieu of the very valuable Wizard teleporting spells (and mounted travel later/expansions, and possible Ranger abilities). It's okay to make us walk everywhere and have us want these things if we know we can achieve fast travel through sensical game mechanics. Heck, keep fast travel in if it means having to pay some wizard or ranger service for it (at least, until our Wizard/s can cast those spells themselves, and use their spell slots for it).
- When conversation choices show that a skill check will happen, add what our current skill mods are (e.g. PERSUASION +3, INTIMIDATION +5, DECEPTION +3)

Last edited by Faces Of Mu; 10/10/20 04:47 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
This is pretty vague but just my consensus on the game right now. Pretty cool game for early access. The story and character's are very enjoyable and exciting, i loved the story side. Very immersive and lets me sink into the game.

The content at the moment is satisfying. I laughed outload when I saw the early access end cutscene, that was soo good. Thank you Swen Vincke, and the rest of your team.

Really liked the character creation and races option. Sad I couldn't get Astarion to turn me into a vampire. Was exited to play as a Mephistopheles Tiefling, cause Nightcrawler kek and liked the options of horns, skin tone and tattoos.

I think after all the hours of playing early access my biggest issue was dialogue rolls being absurd even for simple, plain and simple talking and chatting making it a nightmare to speak to people. Not because of the roll system, i like that. I mean there's multiple normal dialogue options that should not have a roll or at the very least should be adjusted to very low requirements to pass. It felt awful to play and never feel comfortable talking to any npc in case of a failure. I just think some dialogue rolls needs changing.
Also adding companions to the dialogue, so if you fail talking... Why can't your companions take over and smooth things or make matters worse? Why can't they interact when i fail a roll. Don't they get a say? Instead of repeating the same dialogue like they've never seen my companions, even when my companion is right in front of them? I really think features like that should be in the game. The way followers are included in conversations, they need more life in them, they're almost souless husks. In different playthroughs with the same followers, only pretty rarely would they comment or develop/show their character which was really interesting, but there wasn't enough of it to really take in. I'm very keen for character development and watching followers develop further and possible rivalry/friendships/relationships in future. That's my milk and cookies there.

Please continue to evolve different interactions with npc's predicaments, i really liked that Larian added different options to cure and ail certain npc's. I liked having to look through my bags or buy something, thinking in theory this would work and then finding out it worked was absolutely awesome.

As for bugs, my biggest issue would be clipping issues and texture tearing with glitched corpses zooming large limbs like a seizure. Then the freezing or crashing. Which has been reported. Changing to direct x 11 did help smooth things, but i could see constant stuttering and a reduction in smoothness in gameplay, bare in mind it's early access.

I doo like the combat it keeps it's classic crpg, especially close to divinity 1,2. However I think their needs to be a speed game up option and an actual pause button or when you press esc and go into menu and options, that needs to actually pause the game and not just keep it running in background.

I will say the best combat in an crpg game i've ever experienced was from Pillars of Eternity 2 and that still remains my favorite, nothing has beaten it. especially for combat mechanics and the speed/fun of each encounter. I could get the momentum to really enjoy the unique moves and combos. Where i feel that's lackluster in Baldur's Gate 3 and Divinity 1,2. Magic is flashy and cool, but it lacks the oomf and muster that can't seem to be emulated from imagination alone in DnD.

Please look at Pillars of Eternity 2 for example of great rts combat... well at least in my own selfish opinion.

The biggest flaw that needs attention is the a.i. Very glitchy, very unstable and awful. In all my playthroughs i've had enemies kill their allies because of nothing?? I cannot even comprehend why a group of enemies multiple times have killed each other when they're allies and then trying to kill me in a bloody threesome free for all murder bash???? Then passive npc's attacking other passive friendly npc's that were needed for quests, Bloody hell, they started attacking each other. What the F? I had to reload several times because of the a.i is awful. Could be for some reason giving a boon, heal or using psionic magic on a.i cause other a.i to trigger some recognize enemy script. But it's bad, and needs editing. As does the following stuttering and slowness. Clicking and following does not feel smooth, but very clunky and troublesome.

Also I think another problem with the game is that it feels, looks and acts like a re-skinned Divinity 2 game that's not finished. Like if Divinity 2 had a mod, this is it, but on an insane level. It just feels less like a Baldur's gate game if that makes sense. I really don't want to piss off developers and say their work doesn't suit Badlur's Gate. But I cannot say that I don't get this idea crawling into my head every time I play Baldur's Gate 3. As in it'll become a meme that Baldur's Gate 3 is just Divinity 3.
Then there's levels being too big, but also having twisted linear pathways that actually make it smaller, but wasted time in not a fun way at all by having to walk back and forth each taking a long while, even making simple tasks take much longer and finding myself getting bored, getting lost retracing to find a path, and it wasn't inside a maze.

This is just my biased opinion like everyone else's. I'm just being honest of my experience playing the game.

Lastly and through it all, the game is and can be very enjoyable. I don't regret my purchase, and I continue to enjoy the game. Look forward to further progress and updates. And a thank you to the developers for their hard work.

Last edited by McDiddlyee; 10/10/20 05:38 PM. Reason: Remembered experiences and thoughts.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Good evening everyone.
I have just finished my first playthrough and I would like to make some suggestions to help make the game better. Hope this is the right place for it.

General:
1. I missed an option to set up game difficulty. Is it available in the EA? If it's not, I hope it will be implemented. At the moment it feels like I'm playing on a hard difficulty, and I just want to enjoy the story.

2. It feels like there is a very big gap in strength+survivability between levels (mostly because of HP). When I am lvl 1 and I meet lvl 3 enemies it is a guaranteed loss.

Companions:
1. I'm sorry to say this, but I recruited my party members mostly as firepower and not as companions or friends.
All characters (with the exception of Astarion, maybe) are very hostile towards my hero and secretive. It is not cool when nobody wants to tell you about themselves, because they have some dark secrets.
I can't say anything about Wyll yet, as I haven't met him in my first playthrough. However, after certain game event Wyll miraculously appeared in my camp and even commented on how bravely we fought together.

2. It would be nice to know which class our companions are when we recruit them. Of course, it can easily be checked when they are in your party, but if you miss someone during your journey (like I did with Wyll), you will have no idea who/what class he is until you make him a party member.

Combat:
1. I have played DOS2 and I know that turn-based combat cane take a lot of time, but each fight taking 30-60 minutes is way too much. It may have to do with the game balance or my very bad luck in game.
There are some areas like Goblin Camp with dozens of enemies. If you enter combat with 12+ goblins it takes ages to finish the fight. It is not fun when you attack a goblin in one room and actually pull the whole mob from everywhere around the camp (even behind the doors and walls). Wouldn't it make more sense to limit the number of enemies by room/visibility range?

2. Is my hero/party very weak?
I am trying to pick up and buy the best items from traders, but whenever I go I feel like I am very undergeared and 'underskilled'. Constant misses make the fights event worse. I am spending way too many healing potions and resurrection scrolls.

3. It would be nice to have an option to run away from unwanted fights by moving far enough from enemies.

4. Sometimes it seems that enemies are moving very slowly (visually). Would be nice to speed them up.

5. Please make it possible to target party members and enemies by clicking on their portraits.

Exploration:
I wish my companions could follow me to the areas where they have to jump. Now it takes extra time to manually move each party member across a chasm or up a hill.

Camp:
How do I resurrect my party members through the hooded skeleton in my camp if I can't travel to camp when even one party member is dead? Maybe I'm not understanding something, but from the dialogue with the skeleton I got the idea that he should be able to do it for coin.

Miscellaneous:
The icons for Invisibility and Illusion spells are very much alike! It's confusing.

Last edited by Valeska; 10/10/20 05:54 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Just my 2cents, I like the game so far, I like the dialog and the way the game looks and the way the game feels,

I understand that the game is early access but it feels very clunky in,
- In moving around the map
- General UI (waypoints on the map and adding all of wares to sell, etc)
- Combat (its slowed down by alot of pauses by enemies) and just doesn't feel as smooth as DOS2
- Vertical Looking (either in combat or just moving around)

But I do like the game alot so far but all the bugs have taken away from the experience but hopefully they will all be fixed by release,
And best of luck to the Devs!!.

Page 12 of 41 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard