Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
In one village, there has been a massacre and some people are trapped inside a burning building. How do you help the Welsh fireman under the beam? If you get him out there seems to be nowhere he can go>

journeyman
journeyman
If there is no way out, try making one.

There is a broken door next to him which you can beat down with melee attacks. It leads outside to a relatively fire-free area.

I'm sure there are other solutions, but that's what I did.

veteran
veteran
I really hate this bit which sucks because it's the kind of thing I feel like I should love. If you go in through the front door with your whole party everything is so chaotic. Bad pathing means people are constantly going through fire, the go into turn based mechanic is clunky and doesn't always work fast enough so people get burned, it's just a real pain and after two attempts I just decided to skip it entirely.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I really hate this bit which sucks because it's the kind of thing I feel like I should love. If you go in through the front door with your whole party everything is so chaotic. Bad pathing means people are constantly going through fire, the go into turn based mechanic is clunky and doesn't always work fast enough so people get burned, it's just a real pain and after two attempts I just decided to skip it entirely.

Yeah, the pathing issues paired with Suffocation animation causing them to stop moving Really hurts. It was way easier to just go in with one character and do everything.

OP Offline
Thanks, but this "make a way" bashing down the broken door is difficult too. There are three doors of concern:

1) The big hot door in the other room.
(You shouldn't open it, as it bursts forth fire and spreads the flames.)

2) The door into the Welshman's room
(This needs to be knocked down and you would think it would be the way out too.)

3) The broken door behind the Welshman.
(This can be destroyed and would offer a flame free exit.)

The problems are:

After smashing through door 2, and having had a levered the man free, immediately the environment changes. Door 2 becomes blocked and would need battering through again. The same thing with door 3. I have tried battering through door 3 before the freeing the Welsh fireman, but it became blocked again. I tried breaking through again, and my characters were not able to destroy the blockage for some reason. I have tried casting heal on the fireman, which helps. Also casting "Create Water" in the room helps keep flames at bay and makes us wet and flame resistant.

The pathing in this building is terrible. I tried it with just one character to avoid the running into flames. I am basically stuck here. It is like being in Hell. Everyday I wake up and have to talk to that Feminist in the other room and then spend my time burning in flames, and then I start all over again talking to the Feminist. And there was another Feminist fireman downstairs trying to get in at the beginning. [spoiler][/spoiler]

journeyman
journeyman
I climbed up the ladder on the side of the not so hot room with just one character, jumped into the room, dumped a water barrel on the barricaded door, bashed it open got the guy from under the beam and left through that same door.

Last edited by Amnixx; 10/10/20 03:31 PM.
stranger
stranger
Well i turned to the left wing of the building, hit the water barrel jump in then another jumps (i play for warlock) beemed the door, failed check so i just destroyed beam than he runs to a corpse i used speek with dead shes his wife. End same he just dosent muve from there ufter.

We create empire of corpses...
M
stranger
stranger
M
Hi Guys,

I did the quest Trapped People, but quit in strange way lets say. It took me quite lot of time (i played with full party).

I have found out because of buggy rescue way from the fire room, when you attack door that i was stucked there with NPC and could not do anything (NPC was stucked, because of jumping path, maybe if you could put all fires in the building donw, you dont have to jump,i have not tried that).

So best way in mine opinion is just help him, i used strenght, then run as fast as you can from the room, without turn mode (turn mode actually deals more dmg of surfaces to you). You will get some fire dmg but its not horrible, if you can run away assap. And the NPC have to follow you. He will get like 2 dmg if you are good.

Problem #2 is get miriam to him. So i went back, but you can do it from the square, you have to jump there 2 times, there is corpse on the second floor. I used throw ability and throw corpse next to the guy... 2 or 3 throws. It opens some dialog.

Problem #3 i used talk with dead on her (was inspired here on the forum by Jolintrop)

You can find the dowry in the right building next to the inn. In the straw pile.

Return and Q complete.

K
stranger
stranger
K
This was more tedious than I liked. But I have amazing tips!

Water. use your strength char and carry some water barrels and water bottles.
- throw water at your party to make them wet. Makes running threw fire an absolute breeze.
- throw water at the trapped guy to prevent him from catching on fire
*don't forget the locked chest in the next room, pick it up and open it later
- break open door right next to trapped man
- activate log on trapped man, if you fail the check get someone else to do it and I believe it automatically passes, if no, you can destroy it.
- his pathing ai is even worse than your companions here. He got stuck getting him outside the door, giving him a good throw in the right direction fixed it for me.

journeyman
journeyman
Was actually super funny on the quest he gives you after, to find his wife

The only correct solution I've found is to shove the wifes dead body out of a hole in a wall and then repeatedly shove her over to him. You can Speak with Dead the body for a little extra dialogue/story + Loot, but it doesn't actually progress unless you gracelessly launch her corpse around.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by KeepCleaving

- throw water at your party to make them wet. Makes running threw fire an absolute breeze.
- activate log on trapped man, if you fail the check get someone else to do it and I believe it automatically passes, if no, you can destroy it.
- his pathing ai is even worse than your companions here. He got stuck getting him outside the door, giving him a good throw in the right direction fixed it for me.

Originally Posted by KeepCleaving

Wow! You are thorough! If I ever make it to "the end" of the story, and decide to play it again, I wiill try and do these things. I am glad I didn't try and find his wife without knowing this, as it would have been as boring and unfruitful as I had suspected.

How do you actually throw water at people? I saw the barrels but how do you make a barrel of water make your character wet? Also, can you pickup a barrel of water into your pack and then deposit it later in a room? Is his wife in the same burning building? Whereabouts is she?

K
stranger
stranger
K
she's just in the next joined section after you break the door open beside him.
Just right click in your inventory or object in world and select "throw". aim at yourself or whoever and make em wet. be careful some things might do dmg before making them wet.
You can pickup nearly everything and stuff will stay where you put it. A common funny tactic is to hoard all sorts of barrels and place them in your camp. So you have a quick place to grab new ones whenever you want. Or just decorate your camp with all the random stuff you pickup. tip: if you sroll while moving an object, it will turn the object. good when you get picky about how a skull should be facing or box etc.

Link Copied to Clipboard