Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Played multiplayer with friends for the first time yesterday and I'm playing the nasty rogue pickpocketing everything and taking my 'fair share' from chest that I pick open...but then I found out when you look at the inventory screen, you can see Everyone's inventory including gold.

Can you give characters a private inventory space in their backpack or make the whole backpack private so everyone in the party doesn't get to see what you've got?

Or have an actual party backpack, you choose what to put in there for the group...your personal backpack is off limits, unless your asleep or you get pickpocketed <,< >.> <,<

It just ruins some of the fun when I'm going around picking up gems and hiding them (so I thought) so I could buy something nice only to find out that my party member is short 100 Gold and he want's to use my 'hidden' gem to barter with....and I'm like "sure buddy, I just found that gem and was about to tell all of yall about it..."

journeyman
journeyman
I like the idea of accessing everyone's inventory, but yeah, grief away it seems. And you can just attack the players. So take, argue, kill, then take again.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I like the idea that the Rogue can skim some gp off the top of the loot, maybe even try sleight of hand checks vs the others' PP to keep an item in a secret inventory screen. Just seems like such good class roleplay.
The trade-off being that the party generally gets more loot from having a rogue in the party (just not always equal shares, of course).

N
stranger
stranger
N
I agree for single player a shared inventory works but for multi player it almost makes keeping your own stuff pointless. I have played my fair share of characters over the years that keep what they have secret from the group only to pull out the most random thing to save the day and leave everyone wondering what else I have hidden in my bags. As much as some people dislike it the klepto rogue is a great way to play just don't get salty when the group cuts you down for taking there stuff.

Link Copied to Clipboard