Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Maccoc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
This is a recommendation. I think that resting in camp should be unaccesible when you are underground in a cript or dungeon quest.

It is a bit strange and it brokes the narrative.

The party should do a long rest into the dungeon or cript. One thing I appreciated of first Baldurs was when you tried to rest in a dungeon and some enemies could broke this action.

In any case, this kind of rest right now seems weird stuf.

I'm enjoying a lot the game.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
This came up in multiplayer as well. We were surprised we were able to rest when in the spider area.

veteran
veteran
or disable long rest but increase the short rests to what, 2-3?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Maccoc
This is a recommendation. I think that resting in camp should be unaccesible when you are underground in a cript or dungeon quest.

It is a bit strange and it brokes the narrative.

The party should do a long rest into the dungeon or cript. One thing I appreciated of first Baldurs was when you tried to rest in a dungeon and some enemies could broke this action.

In any case, this kind of rest right now seems weird stuf.

I'm enjoying a lot the game.

+ 1

It adds a strategic element to know that you can’t get a full rest inside of a dungeon, plus like you said it doesn’t make much sense that we aren’t attacked while we rest especially in dungeons.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Long Rest should be available in dungeons, just with a risk. PKM has a wonderful system for this, literally forcing you to find a space to build a small camp and a significantly increased chance of a random encounter. Additionally, it will pay *huge* dividends down the road as characters get more abilities and higher level spells come online. Leomund's Tiny Hut is a staple spell in any Wizard's spellbook for this exact reason, Mords Magnificent Mansion, etc.

Last edited by Isaac Springsong; 07/10/20 07:51 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Isaac Springsong
Long Rest should be available in dungeons, just with a risk. PKM has a wonderful system for this, literally forcing you to find a space to build a small camp and a significantly increased chance of a random encounter. Additionally, it will pay *huge* dividends down the road as characters get more abilities and higher level spells come online. Leomund's Tiny Hut is a staple spell in any Wizard's spellbook for this exact reason, Mords Magnificent Mansion, etc.

+ 1
I really like this idea, it adds a lot of niche use for those spells and it makes long term dungeon delving still possible for a price of increased risk.

Maccoc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
+1000

A great idea. Tactics in a dungeon should be a need.

Right now you can exit, rest in camp and entry in an extraordinary easy way.

P
P
The whole fancy set up camp with glorious tents doesn't match the "crash-landed with almost nothing and am selling broken plates I find to raise the cash for healing potions" setup. I think the "return to camp" setup makes enough sense when camping in the overland map and not traveling, but I think there should be a whole separate mechanic for taking (at risk, as noted above) long rests in dungeons, on the road, etc.

Link Copied to Clipboard