Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Genky Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
This is my second playthrough and first playthrough Gale randomly attacked my party when I entered the camp to go rest and now it happened with the Pale Elf (can't spell name).
Is this intented? And if so, what's the story significance? Because there's no dialogue or anything, you enter camp and bam you're in combat with them.
And you can't resurrect them once the fight is over, not with True Rezz either.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I had the same problem but in my case Astarion (the pale elf) attacked me when I returned to the camp.
After that when I went to bed the script in wich Astarion tries to drink your blood started but my character was doing what Astarion should have done, cause he was dead, and Shadowheart did what my character should have done.

Genky Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I honestly wouldn't mind an official response, so that at least it can be confirmed whether this is intentional or not and why the Rezz scroll isn't working.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I just had the same issue, went to camp. Instantly attacked by Astarion, then when I slept, a night cutscene where a vampire get reveled began but I was a vampire trying to drink from Shadowheart. In the morning, Wyll attacked me also. So in one camp trip Astarion, Shadowheart, & Wyll are dead.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
I got attacked by Wyll after the fight at the grove entrance ended. Could be something to do with surfaces dealing damage and the neutral AI attributing it to the player because there aren't any enemies around?

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by clanpot
I got attacked by Wyll after the fight at the grove entrance ended. Could be something to do with surfaces dealing damage and the neutral AI attributing it to the player because there aren't any enemies around?

I was able to recreate the problem if I go to a camp with a familiar summoned.. Whoever is not part of the group will attack the party.

veteran
veteran
I'll just add that this is not limited to companions. I returned to camp one time and immediately combat was started with Scratch the dog. The companion that had been waiting at camp joined the fight on my side.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There could be some parts which makes sense for such a fight to start, but most of these seem bugs only. Make frequent saves, you may have to go back in time a lot, though that could not fix it.
If these are bugs we better find out what are the triggers, so can be fixed, never happened to me so far.

veteran
veteran
It happened to me just once with Laz'Something... Well, the green lady.

I though it was because my action across the game up to that point were at odds with her morals, but then I reloaded the game and that never happened again... Which sounds like a bug to me.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard