Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I'd feel a lot more compelled to report all the little bugs that I find as I adventure on my way to Baldur's Gate if there was a bug report method within the game. Can you please implement one (with screenshot options)?

journeyman
journeyman
There is a Feedback button in the launcher, which remains open while you play the game. No screenshots though, as far as I've seen.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Nimue_de
There is a Feedback button in the launcher, which remains open while you play the game. No screenshots though, as far as I've seen.

That's handy, but it still needs you to alt-tab out and load up your browser and stuff. I'd like them to cut out the middle clicks and keep it in-game. I'm already trying to reduce the number of programs I've got running at the same time as BG3, and putting a Feedback/Bugs button right there in the Esc menu screen begs them to be used more often, and used right when the bug happens.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Agreed. The new Pathfinder game has this feature and it makes bug reporting really easy, consequentially they're getting more reports from the people with Alpha access. Just cribbing off of what they're doing would work. It doesn't have to be a highly involved thing, just make it easy and intuitive and you'll get good use of it.

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Bug reports in the game menu would help soooooo much.

P
P
This seems like a great idea because the game can include information about where exactly the problem happened, making it easier for the developers to correlate duplicates.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I agree, I think an in-game reporting system could be more effective than just having players post in forum and you could also get more data from it.
Plus a lot of the forum threads mention the same issues all over the place.

Here's my suggestion, at least for early-access versions:
Add an in-game "report" button that will:
1. Pause the game
2. Have player describe the issue they are currently having + issue type (stuck / camera issues / broken dialogue / ...)
3. Capture screenshot
4. Gather combat logs
5. Get quest + location info
6. Gather any other info you might find useful... (computer info)
7. And finally, zip it all and send it to Larian

I think this can kill two birds with one stone for Larian: cleanly separate bugs from user feedback/suggestions in forums and get more robust data about bugs and where/when they happen.
Larian can then also sort out the bugs later on their end using current quest and/or location etc...

I just started playing and I'm having a ton of technical issues. I'm trying to search for all my issues before I open a new thread for them but its hard using only forum search.

Yes, I would like this. I do keep note of a few things while playing, or try to remember it when submitting feedback. And I do take screenshots of bugs, but the less clicks it takes to submit, the more likely people will do it.

P
P
This seems like a great idea because the game can include information about where exactly the problem happened, making it easier for the developers to correlate duplicates.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
I feel like they are only really interested in their analytics collection for information. They really have not made it easy to report bugs. I guess early access is not the same as alpha/beta testing. Seems like they really just want us to play the game and not worry about reporting bugs.

Link Copied to Clipboard