Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#686818 10/10/20 08:26 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Have you found a party member lagging behind? Have you investigated what happened and found them stuck in a vine? Taking damage?! Sigh... why? Why is this a thing?

I get that you could presumably push an enemy into vines, but I never saw that as even remotely a viable option in any fight. The enemies don't push YOU into vines, thus not making that an interesting tactical consideration in battle. Right now, they slow you down by holding you. They make you have to eat or use a spell to regain the hp. The vines do not add to the experience at the moment, they mostly remove from the experience.

The vines make the world more complicated and steals your attention, making you much less aware of the interesting environmental elements larian has made - since you are focusing your attention to un-do the hazzle they created. They actually prevent you from appreciating the work that has gone into the game so far. They are bothersome and add nothing.

I hate vines.

Last edited by Skarpharald; 10/10/20 08:27 PM.
veteran
veteran
I'm not sure if it's in, but I'd like to see a survival check to spot those vines, and if passed, the AI will path around them.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
They should be placed where they make sense story wise. If they are used they should also add something tactical - either something the player should avoid or could actively use.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
They're also very flammable, so a quick shot from a fiery cantrip sorts them out once and for all.

C
C
It's stupid they are anything more then "difficult terrain". The damage is stupid and smacks of more div the 5e again

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
They're also very flammable, so a quick shot from a fiery cantrip sorts them out once and for all.

Indeed. But why should you have to do that? It takes time and your action. Was it worth that time and that action? Did they hide anything important? Did you learn anything?

No.

It artificially lengthened the game and prevented you from doing what you wanted to do in the first place. Like stepping in dog poop in real life.

Vines suck.

D
old hand
old hand
D
They are very out of place near a normal road though. If they were near a druidic grove that isent to keen on outsiders coming near it; then sure. Near a normal road though? Kinda weird.

+1 for their removal near roads. But keep them in places where they do make sense smile

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Demoulius
They are very out of place near a normal road though. If they were near a druidic grove that isent to keen on outsiders coming near it; then sure. Near a normal road though? Kinda weird.

+1 for their removal near roads. But keep them in places where they do make sense smile

This

Link Copied to Clipboard