Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Any suggestions on how to take them out? The clumsy movement controls of the party does not help.

They jump into the middle of your team, thus stunning some if not all of your team members. Then they hit someone with their club - something like 15 damage. Any left get charged and knocked off the cliff. All in one turn! One team member dying, 2-3 incapacitated and badly injured, and the fight has not even started yet.

I tried sneaking past but invariably some dumb teammember is stuck looking at the scenery (see above re: clumsy movement) and then gets spotted and triggers an attack.

My team composition is ranger, warlock, cleric and fighter.

apprentice
apprentice
Actually, yes!

Avoid them for right now. I know that sounds like a snarky non-answer, but hear me out.

There are two routes to where they are, one from the Selune temple, and another from a small myconid settlement. If you go left from the temple instead of straight, you'll be able to get to the myconids without fighting the two minotaurs yet. And when you do meet them, they'll sadly still do their annoying mega jumps, but at least you'll be coming up from below and won't have to worry about them knocking you off the narrow paths.

I also got a bit lucky, and had that damned bullette decide to join in. Turns out, the minotaurs aren't fans of it, either.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I just hit these guys, from down in a valley, and that wasnt any better. First turn they were out of missile range, then in one turn they jumped off the cliff (taking no damage), stunned the whole party, and killed two in their first attack. I actually beat them, but had only one player left alive, the rest fully dead, and not enough funds for revivify scrolls, so had to go back regardless.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks, in the end I managed to sneak past the minotaurs by sneaking + save scumming past them. Whenever the stealth roll failed I hit the reload button immediately. Good thing my adventuring party has a fast computer with a SSD :p

Oh, I just met Bullette too. In her first turn, half of the team is already dead...

K
stranger
stranger
K
I took them at the Selune temple. I was *hoping* that the lasers would blast them, but that didn't work. Since that didn't work, strategy was:

-position everyone on the very top of the gate
-close the gate
-use infinite warlock imps to lure them to your position slowly (you could probably do it with mage hand too)
-rain doom down on them

One of them jumped up and messed with us, but we were able to deal with it before the other one arrived. You could probably be more effective by strategically placing explosive barrels outside the temple too.

apprentice
apprentice
One other thing to note: there's an NPC in the myconid village who will join you for a bit. That NPC has a decent chunk of HP, hits fairly hard, and has the power to raise a slain enemy as a fungal slave.

The Underdark's a less scary place with a reanimated minotaur buddy.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I encountered a bug where if you re-animate a corpse after already having another re-animated one in your team, the first one dies and its portrait above your PCs portrait remains forever, even after Glut leaves.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Managed to kill them by separating the party and stealth atacking one with high ground. Burned all spellslots and the Micconid died, almost TPK but somehow survived. Probably best to just avoid them.

Necromancy is just recycling...
stranger
stranger
I was unable to kill the minotaurs so I went the other way, The spectator encounter was fun, took me four attempts before I started sneaking in and beathing the petrified drow to death before triggering the encounter.

N
stranger
stranger
N
One of minotaur's have amulet which reduces slicing damage but increasing bludgeoning (twice both ways). Examine them. Equip bludg weapon to all team members and put him down first. Then dispatch second. Due to generally low levels mages are not that usefull as usually. I had 2 warriors, cleric, rogue. No probs (yes, some members will be k.o.\dead at the end most likely).

journeyman
journeyman
A bullette joined in and killed them both after the minotaur's shoved multiple party members off the cliff. I came in from the Phase Spider entrance and was basically instantly in combat with them, haha.

Ended with Gale and Fae'zel dead, and my other two party members sub 5 hp.

Seems "Get the bullette to murder them" is working well for multiple people here.

Last edited by QuietCountryCafe; 10/10/20 10:09 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
I managed to jump without triggering their attacks cause I made sure I was on hide mode before jumping. And as well, it's better to make sure your first character initiates the turn base mode so every consequent jumper triggers it. Now I am organizing the attack from the dark. Cause there is no way Lae'zel will avoid such a great opportunity for a good fight XD

Last edited by Nyanko; 10/10/20 10:25 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I guess i got lucky and used the height to my advantage and just kept knocking them off for lots of damage. I just made sure to position my guys in the middle, so they were always on the edges and I spec'd for pushback on my fighter, lock, and wizard.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Ok well, when you prepare properly, the minotaurs are just easy cake. Killed them in 4 rounds.

So yeah, if you want it to be easier, make sure you are on hide mode before you jump.

Last edited by Nyanko; 10/10/20 01:46 PM.
stranger
stranger
Reminder that there are nine (9) oil barrels in the Selune outpost and two (2) more outside. Do with this information what you want.

Last edited by smiley; 10/10/20 06:30 PM.
stranger
stranger
Or do it like this:
[Linked Image]

Solo kill list: One stupid evil (displayed alignment) Githyanki warrior, a dark grove, a Zhentarim hideout full of "experienced" rogues, half a Goblin camp including two hobgoblins, two minotaurs, a bunch of underworld monsters and their wannabe sorcerous overlord
H
stranger
stranger
H
IDK if anyone has gotten this item yet, but if you have the wyvern poison you can coat a fighter or rouge's blades in poison, it makes short work of the minotaurs

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Gamer
Any suggestions on how to take them out? The clumsy movement controls of the party does not help.

They jump into the middle of your team, thus stunning some if not all of your team members. Then they hit someone with their club - something like 15 damage. Any left get charged and knocked off the cliff. All in one turn! One team member dying, 2-3 incapacitated and badly injured, and the fight has not even started yet.

I tried sneaking past but invariably some dumb teammember is stuck looking at the scenery (see above re: clumsy movement) and then gets spotted and triggers an attack.

Curious, I wonder if Larian have removed these Minotaurs, I have been all over the underdark and have not came across them.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Doomlord
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Gamer

Curious, I wonder if Larian have removed these Minotaurs, I have been all over the underdark and have not came across them.
They were still there this morning... How did you enter the Underdark?

H
stranger
stranger
H
they were still there 10 mins ago

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard