Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#682740 09/10/20 03:40 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hold Person seems to be allowing a save at the beginning of the paralyzed creature's turn, allowing them to act if they succeed. This makes it much less useful than intended and inferior to cantrips that can prone creatures.

stranger
stranger
Noticed this as well. Basically results in a wasted turn for the caster when the target saves at the start of their turn and then gets to act.

Perple #683242 09/10/20 09:39 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yeah, it amounts to having advantage on the save, since they get to save against it twice before it has any effect.

S
stranger
stranger
S
The targets save to break the Hold Person spell needs to be at the end of it's turn, not the start as it is now. As is they make a save when you cast, then get another on their turn before acting. Two saves prior to noticing any effect is surely a mistake.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Well, it SHOULD be at the end of turn - so I don't see any reason to think it's not a bug.

Slapstick #686408 10/10/20 05:24 PM
stranger
stranger
Little site note!
This spell is broken as F... in the Hag fight.
My whole party got Hold Person spelled and i couldn't do sh..... for the whole fight and the 1 time 1 char got lose, i couldn't react that turn and got Hold person right away again!

stranger
stranger
I am having the same issue. Hold person is not working correctly.

If my party member is under the spell they do not get to save at end of their turn, just stand there for the entire fight until the spell ends.

stranger
stranger
+1

Same issue here, based on the description in game it seems like a bug.

Link Copied to Clipboard