Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
[/b]Suggestions from a 35 year Veteran Dm[b]
Having played or beaten all the encounters man save scrubbing to see how they worked out in different ways here are a few of my suggestions.
1. Camping. It breaks immersion. Use a Lymond's Tiny Hut to great a hub for your own rests and trophies.
2. Fix the camera. This will cause major complaints in the game.
3. Stick to dnd rules about cantrips. One of the most tedious and frankly dull things about Divinty Original Sin was the sheer amount of traps and surface area. It was the most annoying thing about early access for me. The pathing is already wonk from the camera so you just ran into surface issues to often. Cantrips making surface areas made this particularly annoying.
4. Cut down on the number of searchable barrels crates and chests. Simply make an auto loot feature at the end of combat. I know in my home dm games I dont make the players say they go body by body. If an encounter ends have an open container with all of the look post combat.
5. Have an auto pause feature available when the pcs make a perception check and move the camera to what was spotted. It was extremely hard to find some of the spots, goes back to camera angle issues.
6. Allow Body sliders or types to enhance customizations.
7. Allow detect thoughts to work in dialogue. Maybe mine was bugged but could never get it right.
8. Place the dodge action in the game as a Action (Bonus Action for monks with Ki point)

[/b]Bugs[b]
1. Hag didn't spawn in rescuing Maryanna quest.
2. Great Weapon Master did not work when killing a target. I never got bonus attacks for kills or crits.
3. Vulkan just froze my game but you are aware of that.
4. Door in saving the Duke from fire quest would bug if you clicked it before talking to the guardswoman.
5. Cleave kills caused numerous visual glitches. Such as flying corpses, floating corpses or corpses falling through environment.
6. Gnoll Hunters when rescuing the Zhents had three attacks per round with bows. I assume that's a bug as they are listed as level 3 monsters.
7. Phase Spider Matron can fall through the world if you drop her off the web pathway.

[/b]DND/Video game suggestions[b]
1. What made Dragon Age origin so memorable and so repeatable was all of the origin stories. If you create origins for the playable companions as well as the create your own pc background you would add a ton of replay. It might also be awesome to start the game with a small tutorial and then while going through it the ship shows up and bam your an illithid pod person. I would love to see a different start for an Urchin and a Noble.
2. Create a Library option in player camp/Hut that you can auto send the books you collect to.
3. Please give us a few other accents so tired of the Brits. Give me a Swedish, a Russian or a American Southern accent.
4. Bounty Boards. Great way to add quick content to a zone have a few bounties available for the players who love combat. It would add reason for people to take background in survival. I needed 20 charisma checks for intimidation or persuasion but only one in whole game for survival. Have survival be a way to trak down the culprits. (You could give them to NPCs in Druids grove, Zhent Cave, Goblin Fort, Aunties house, and Waukeen's Rest. With how popular Mandolorian is pander to us geeks in the audience and let us hunt some scalps.

That's all i can think of for now. So far I greatly enjoyed the game as I did with Divinity 2 and Baldurs 1-2. This game feels like dnd with a splash of Divinity thrown in and is fun to play. The writing is great some of the villain's are downright awesome (Raphael being just the best, man does he have us by the short and Curly's) I wish ytou all the best in finishing the game and look forward to updates and the full release. Keep up the good work.

journeyman
journeyman
Could you elaborate on "fix the camera?" Clarity is really important for criticism.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Certheri
Could you elaborate on "fix the camera?" Clarity is really important for criticism.

I think he/she refers to the locked camera angles that can't be pulled up more than a certain degree, which made exploration out of the tactical camera difficult as the player's almost always "looking at the ground".

stranger
stranger
I agree on everything you said. Especially 3, 4, 5, and 7. And Lymond's Tiny Hut is a wonderful thought.

And huge plus on the Origin Stories! That's certainly something D:OSII suffered from the lack of it.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Well said.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks. I really want to see this game be the best it possibly can be so like many people on the boards trying to give positive feedback and reinforcement for this incredible game. Lots of people making great suggestions as well, hope they listen to a few. I do know from previous games they def listen to their player base.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Sloane Hardtower

7. Allow detect thoughts to work in dialogue. Maybe mine was bugged but could never get it right.

I would add : allow far more Insight checks whenever the NPC you're talking to is hiding something / being a douche. I mean if in a real tabletop game, given how odd my companions are, I'd probably Insight check everyone from the start.

stranger
stranger
I would even add to the camera fix that using the tactical top-down view is sometimes useless. Especially in certain dark caves. Because of the fog effect in some caves, zooming out with the top-down camera enabled makes is almost impossible to see the area/characters because the fog is based on distance from the camera, making the top-down view basically unusable.

Link Copied to Clipboard