Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#678777 07/10/20 02:28 PM
W
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
W
Just a heads up for those that want to try this before it’s an official feature- you can make a custom party by starting a LAN game with yourself.

Open the game directory (browse local files on Steam), open the bin folder, launch the game from the exe as admin. You can do this 4 times so you are running the game in multiple windows. Start a LAN game with one and join with the others. Create a character in each, venture forth, and close all of the BG3 windows except the host.

stranger
stranger
Channeling my inner Jeff Goldblum, "Nerds uh, uh... find a way."

stranger
stranger
awesome, at first i thought would need to 4 box but then read the last part. Thanks !

W
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Vindraxyl
Channeling my inner Jeff Goldblum, "Nerds uh, uh... find a way."

We were so busy asking if we could, we never asked if we should.
. . . But we totally should. All Drow surface raiding party, it’s go time.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Just a heads up for those that want to try this before it’s an official feature- you can make a custom party by starting a LAN game with yourself.

Open the game directory (browse local files on Steam), open the bin folder, launch the game from the exe as admin. You can do this 4 times so you are running the game in multiple windows. Start a LAN game with one and join with the others. Create a character in each, venture forth, and close all of the BG3 windows except the host.

Ah ha ha ha, exact same as DOS 2.

That's really helpful, considering that I really, really wanted to wait for a 4-character custom party, so I didn't get burned out from seeing all the origin stories over and over again. Thanks a lot.

W
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Ah ha ha ha, exact same as DOS 2.

That's really helpful, considering that I really, really wanted to wait for a 4-character custom party, so I didn't get burned out from seeing all the origin stories over and over again. Thanks a lot.

No problem. I made one game with a single character and another with four, but I think after I get home I’m going to restart with a warlock, ranger duo so I can experience the NPCs a bit as well. I want to do that at least once since after the first go around I’ll probably never use them again unless any of them are Minsc levels of awesome.

I’ll still play my Drow raiding party, but they are more of a gag since their attitude is going to be kill everything they can get away with killing.

Last edited by Warlocke; 07/10/20 11:05 PM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
Thanks, this is useful to know. Since it already "works" let's hope there will just be a button for it in the future so the lan game to your own pc isn't required anymore.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Thats kind of a hilarious way to get a custom party xD

stranger
stranger
Bravo.
This changes things smile

Last edited by Jargoyle; 11/10/20 08:45 AM.
stranger
stranger
This was possible with DOS:2 as well.

I'd warn people trying this to keep in mind their hardware limitations though... running four instances of BG3 can slow down or even freeze/crash your computer.

Its really buggy in the romances though and the conversations.

W
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
W
The only place where I found it buggy were the intra-party conversations that happen from time to time, but yeah, this isn’t a supported feature yet, so there are rough spots. Nothing game breaking.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I tried this, it appears to no longer work....or at least it didn't work for me, never could see my own lobby

W
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
W
I just did it recently and it still works works fine. You probably just made an error somewhere.

S
addict
addict
S
Same. Built a party yesterday with no issues. I love it. The party discusses decisions with each other (albeit generic) and I don't have to listen to the companions squabbling. And if I want to listen to their stories, they are standing by in camp.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Give me Druid, Barbarian, Paladin and Bard with multiclassing and I will never see the origin characters again... it actually might be enough to save the game for me.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by biomag
Give me Druid, Barbarian, Paladin and Bard with multiclassing and I will never see the origin characters again... it actually might be enough to save the game for me.

You should get it since Larian has already said core classes and multiclassing will be included. Now they could pull a Cyberpunk and move the goalposts and not implement what they said but I’m pretty confident it’s already in the game. We just haven’t seen it yet, well mods have figured out paladins.

old hand
old hand
I thought multiclassing was never confirmed?

Optimistically Apocalyptic
N
N
swen and members of the larian team had a reddit ama last year where they indicated that multi-classing would be in bg3. idk if this has changed since - at the time the message was that multi-classing wouldnt be available in ea at launch, but that the team was planning to add it later

Originally Posted by spectralhunter
[quote=biomag] ..... move the goalposts and not implement what they said .....

That is a move right out of Bioware's playbook.

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard