Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
Additionally, and I've seen this mentioned elsewhere:

Empty containers arguably should be marked as empty before you click on them. There's a hell of a lot of empty containers.

Last edited by Sven_; 10/10/20 09:28 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Gamer

Would you have preferred the game to have been FPS/third person like Skyrim?

There are few things I despise more than a party based game trying to force me the "cinematic immersive camera".
It's fine for dialogues only because no action aside from talking are involved, or I would hate it there as well.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
K
stranger
stranger
K
It took a bit of getting used to, pretty different from divinity's UI but after getting used to it (10 hours as of right now) I like it, my main gripe is with the hot bar, really tiny ability icons randomly thrown in with items scrolls etc.... and the more skills and items you get the messier it becomes. I guess I could take some time to organize it, but that seems like a chore. Especially since you have to do it for each character.

I kinda wish it broke down / sorted into categories. like spells lvl 1-2-3 ect, items, scrolls. maybe each page dedicated to certain options. Maybe an auto sort button like the inventory has?

stranger
stranger
Needs a lot of work. Frankly I just wish they'd take a page from BG1 and BG2 and have one screen for the Character Sheet and one screen for Inventory/Equipment. Current UI where you have separate screens for group inventory then group equipment then ANOTHER screen for character sheet, personal inventory, and personal equipment doesn't work in my opinion and is needlessly complicated. Just keep things simple please.

The Quickslot UI also needs work. No, Larian, I don't want my bar to be filled whenever I get a new skill or get a new potion/food item/scroll/bomb. Keep it blank even if we get new stuff and let us players put things there if we want to. Also, it would be nice if the quickslot bars for skills and items are separate, and not one and the same.

Also, a toggle to remove minimap would be nice (unless I'm dumb and there's already one for that and I'm just not aware).

It's a mess lol

I love the game, but it needs some work. I do wish the bottom part had more similarity to the original series, but that's more of an aesthetic complaint rather than a functional one. That said, I do wish there was a dedicated spell/personal ability menu again.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I like it so far. Only thing that would be good is a bigger action bar (optional, maybe 1-2 more rows on top) so that you don't have to scroll through the action bar.
Camera works great for me.

apprentice
apprentice
The hotbar for spellcasters is a bit of a mess. I have to empty it out and rearrange things manually every time I level up or overhaul my prepared spells. I'd love a dedicated spell bar with them listed by level. It's cumbersome to add a 1st level spell cast at a 2nd level.

Explaining what certain things are on the character sheets or weapon attributes is also lacking (I needed to read my PHB a few times to remember). If my own selected proficiencies are listed (and not just the bonuses to all proficiencies), I haven't found them yet.

Chaining and unchaining? I'm used to it from DOS, but I find the need to splinter someone off a bit more frequent here than in Divinity. It could be smoother. Less "sticky" and more "snappy," if that makes sense?

Aside from those and some wonky camera issues in caves where something is overhead, I actually love the UI.

apprentice
apprentice
Battle Logs - very bad (still thx that we have it):

1) Doesn't scroll to the last entrance
2) Die rolls excluding all dies if advantage/disadvantage
3) Scroll bad is tiny
4) "+" and "-" are tiny that I can easilly missclick it even when it must be OK

Chat log - I need it... with a dialog rolls info

Action bar - Lame:

1) no Versatile on/off tumblr
2) no Finesse on/off tumblr
3) no unarmed attack option
4) no offhand attack option (I know that it is Bonus action move, but it suits more in this bar)
5) one-had-fight / dual wielding tumblr does nothing

Bonus/items/misc bar - must be a bar only for comsuables and other bar for Special Actions

And i have a lack of spell bar with separations by lvl or with pop-ups "what spell-slot lvl u can use"

Reaction - it must be optional pop-up bar

And there is no grid for movement and confirming that my route is MY ROUTE and not a missclick

Imho but I'm very frustrated. eek

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ricardanilevs

I'm not sure that did it, but meanwhile I've discovered that making the log window bigger seems to trigger an auto scroll (not sure). There is an auto scroll either way, but it needs be enabled that way or otherwise.

Last edited by Sven_; 11/10/20 12:09 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Sven_
Originally Posted by Ricardanilevs

I'm not sure that did it, but meanwhile I've discovered that making the log window bigger seems to trigger an auto scroll (not sure). There is an auto scroll either way, but it needs be enabled that way or otherwise.

Yes I speaking about auto-scrolling in log, sorry for my bad Common language wink

And d20 Roll Interface is also bad:

Challange rating must be fixed and not modified by my Modificators, so when I roll d20 I can see how my bonuses are added after (for true calculating)
and cantrips rolls like "Guidance" and "Protection" (if second used in dialogs) must be rolled by animation of it's own die d4)

There is a lot problems in info like Str 16 doesn't show you it's "+4" and how Skills sums their bonuses

"N" interface doesn't show calculations for your Spell DC, Spell Attack mod, Melee and Range attack mod's and Armor Class too

Also seen that temporary hits displayed very wierd and doesn't showed on Char Window

Conditions icons is a theme debate too:

They must be only over your health and movement bars for good and bad conditions - not in Char window... it will be better if you see only "+" and "-" to know that u had something on you

Weapon buff (like Light cantrip effect) only displayed in weapon info in inventory

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard