Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Whilst I love that wizards have the feature to add spells to their spellbook by spending money much like in 5th Edition D&D, I don't understand why this has been extended to every spell from every class. This takes away the uniqueness of spells from other classes and makes little since in terms of lore, as divine magic from the cleric, ranger etc comes from a different source than the arcane magic of the wizard. My two cents is that it should be limited to the 5e Wizard Spell List - otherwise, wizards can become healers and divine buffers which just makes no sense.

Loving the game so far, looking forward to the rest of early access and helping to shape Baldur's Gate 3 going forward! smile

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
+1
I noticed that as well. My wizard from first playthrough at the end had almost every spell that was available on cleric. That's unfair.
Also, why is everyone able to use spell scrolls? Should that be class restricted like BG1/BG2? Are there changes regarding that in D&D5e?

veteran
veteran
It's a known bug, already listed in megathread in stick (which everyone willing to give useful feedback should check, since it helps the community to focus on what's known and what not and what are the hot topics currently).

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
stranger
stranger
Does that mean that it is confirmed not working as intended?

journeyman
journeyman
At least it shows GM's should never ever gift their arcane spellcasters with Healing Word.

Link Copied to Clipboard