Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I love BG3 but there are definitely already mods I hope to see in the future, the main one being something that strips out all "over the shoulder" dialogue cut scenes and has a UI for reading the dialogue / making selections like in a classic CRPG...sorry I'm just old

What mods can you imagine getting into? Are there any mod communities already out there hard at work that I should keep an eye on?

enthusiast
enthusiast
hopefully we can start making mods to add in any missing classes, spells and feats. It's been managed with stuff like pathfinder kingmaker thanks to some very smart individuals paving the way first.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Really? I actually recently started Pathfinder Kingmaker myself, great game - lets give Larian the chance to get out of EA though! I doubt they'll make my classic CRPG dialogue dreams come true on their own though...

veteran
veteran
A mod to change your appearance mid game. I still hope there will be a mirror like in dos 2 that you can use for all the party members

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
addict
addict
A complete restructure that strips out the bloated Divinity 4.0 engine and uses the same engine in Divinity: Original Sin 2.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

apprentice
apprentice
1. Remove 90% of environmental effects mod.
2. If they can't mod the effects out then a mod that limits the npcs to one or two effects arrows and one that removes barrels from the game, if I never see a barrel in my life again.... grin
3. Another would be a mod that adds an "empty" tag to containers that have no loot.

F
stranger
stranger
F
- combat log to see rolls
- real-time-with-pause if possible. genuinely curious how it would feel (tho ui/control--especially camera control--would need to be improved for this to work well)
- drag-select? possibly when holding down a key or something. the chaining system is awkward sometimes. would also pair well with a rtwp system ;p
- perhaps a change from central safe camp area to wilderness camping w/ random encounters; inns alongside that i suppose

- less ground effect madness :-( ... sorry larian i know you love that system

Last edited by famishar; 11/10/20 08:30 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Two house rules I would like in mods:

-Feat at 1st level for everyone.

-Double the bonus you get from skills so they feel more rewarding to have.

Necromancy is just recycling...
W
stranger
stranger
W
Option to change the name and appearance when playing as an origin character (I wanted this in DOS2 as well).

Not sure if it's possible, since some audio would probably need to be fiddled with and some companion names seem like they probably have story relevance (we all know she isn't really named Shadowheart, right?). But it would make me a lot more inclined to "roleplay" a preset, even if the class remained locked. Superficial details can do a heck of a lot for my immersion.

addict
addict
Depending on how they change their balance. A balance mod. If they don't strip out the outrageous surface everywhere and archers throwing 5 bombs in a row, I hope to see a mod that becomes more faithful to 5e and balance encounters to something a sane DM would do.

Solasta is a faithful adaptation from what I've seen but with a MUCH MUCH smaller budget, so I hope to see a mod for bg3 IF larian doesn't pull back on the stuff and adjust things by full release. (I say IF bc Larian can be stubborn with things)

veteran
veteran
For me the mod wishlist is quite long:

Increase party size to six.
Keep companions who are not in your active party beyond the end of Act 1.
Allow simultaneous access to all companions' inventories when in camp.
Bring back the option of team-initiative.
Reduce elemental surface effects.
Make selecting your whole party and moving your party like how it is done in most other cRPGs.
A true pause function for single-player during exploration where time does not pass anywhere within the game.
Reduce the difficulty of die-roll checks for avoiding combat encounters to make that a more realistic option.
Give more XPs for any and all things beyond killing something.

Last edited by kanisatha; 12/10/20 01:16 AM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
A D&D purist mod. We need something to bring the game closer to the rules.
- Change cantrips back to what they should be by the rules. No surface creation, but if targeted on appropriate surfaces they can instead create surface effects (such as freeze water already there or set fire to oil already there).
- Remove acid and poison ground effects. Just stepping in a puddle of poison doesn't poison you straight through your boots - that's not how poison works.
- No healing from food (I would at the same time allow for more short rests)
- No advantage from backstab
- No disadvantage from shooting up (maybe add +2 AC as substitute for missing cover)
- No advantage from shooting down (Seriously, Astarion was killing a goblin per round in the fortress - guaranteed. Didn't even need to roll)
- Tweak Find Familiar to something more in line with the rules
- Add expertise for rogues
- Make sneak attack a toggle that will automatically be applied to any attack made with advantage
- Add attack of opportunity against people jumping
- Change jump to not be a bonus action, just part of your movement
- Change shove to be a full action
- Make it impossible to cast two regular spells just because one of them is a bonus action, only cantrip should be allowed (though I don't see this one being doable)
- Remove the healing component from Help, just make it a DC 10 medicine check to stabilize
- Restrict spell scroll use to their respective classes
- Fix the Wizard Abjurer ward feature to not give temp hitpoints but create a HP shield

... I think that's what I can remember from the top of my head. Otherwise I love the game! If all of the above things were correctly implemented to begin with, half of the posts on this forum would disappear.

My 2nd modwish would be one that strips out all the junk items and makes 90% of the containers static non-clickable environment features.

Last edited by Slapstick; 12/10/20 07:05 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Druid_NPC
Two house rules I would like in mods:

-Feat at 1st level for everyone.

-Double the bonus you get from skills so they feel more rewarding to have.

keep in mind the bonus goes up as you level, at 5th it's +3 at 9th it's +4 at 13th +5 and at 17 it's +6

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Slapstick

Can't we just wait until 6th level for that? Rogues don't get expertise until then.

addict
addict
A well-made RTwP mod.

Romance Remover (TM).

A silly one, but since we've been told there's going to be a lot of (pettable!) dogs: a crazy dog lady NPC who could take care of every dog you meet that needs rescuing, so they can have a happy ever after even if you have... dangerous beasts in your camp. :P

Also these, though I still have some faint hope they'll reconsider:

Originally Posted by kanisatha
Increase party size to six.
Keep companions who are not in your active party beyond the end of Act 1.

stranger
stranger
I would like to see a "run instead of walk" mod, a free "animal speech" mod, a "bedroll to replenish spells" mod, and a "cheat commander" vendor mod.

stranger
stranger
I have a list.

New (possibly romanceable) party members, fully voiced with custom quests.
New lands to explore, with multiple quests and an immersive story.
Fully open-world, even if only post-completion. Wouldn't being able to explore all of Faerûn be great?
Homes that can be bought, earned, or built, and which you can have a family in.
New armors, new weapons, new cosmetics.
Custom races, custom classes, as well as what was simply left out.
Custom party sizes (6+) with the option of setting different party members in different places to have them wait until they're needed.
Increased/removed level caps so you can keep on growing.
New cosmetics with ways to change cosmetics in-game.
Randomly generated dungeons, like every time you go inside it's a completely different place. Could be explained by a powerful wizard or deity being tied to it.
Quest boards that randomly generate new quests, so you always have something to do.
Expanded and enhanced crafting system.

And, of course, a mod manager to make it easy to install, uninstall, or modify specifications of various mods. I'm a bit of a mod enthusiast, the mod manager is typically a must have no matter how many mods you want to install.

We are stars wrapped in skin, the light you seek lies within.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Ramien
Originally Posted by Slapstick

Can't we just wait until 6th level for that? Rogues don't get expertise until then.

Rogues start with expertise in two skills at level one. This is (currently) not in BG3.

veteran
veteran
I hope that the modding tools become more powerful and user friendly, and avoid the mistakes of last time - namely, frequent crashes and the complete impossibility to mod audio (not just BGM but also soundset modding has been one of the most pivotal BG mods) and entirely new campaigns.

In addition to of course open ruleset.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I would live a Hide helmet mod, and a mod that gives me more carry weight. Maybe something that gives more spell slots so I wont have to rest as often.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard