Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Orbax
Your title sounds like a spell name

LOL now you mentioned it I have to agree. I'm not native so wasn't aware what I was typing laugh

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Wow, I wholeheartedly support every suggestion proposed in this list. I really hope as much of this reaches someone at Larian for consideration.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I also fully support your post.
I played DOS and am an avid fan of BG since I was a child.
This game is going to nail it, but these are the points they need to work on.

I was especially annoyed by all the barrels. It breaks immersion in some parts. Like when I was in the hidden cave under the Druid Grove. There were oil barrels, where I was like... here?

Also, looting every chest. Do it like in the BG times. Not everything could be opened. And sometimes you had an empty chest, but mostly a chest with something in it.

I will also post my feedback in a separate entry.

Thanks a lot again for this post. You summed up so nicely what my impressions were.

BG fan - Kivan and Jan all the way!
journeyman
journeyman

Sirius' Detailed List of Feedbacks

V,S,M (internet connection and a PC worth 1000gp, which the spell consumes)
10 minutes (ritual)
60ft
8 hour

You point your right finger against a forum community and speak any number of bugs, suggestions or lamentations in the form of a feedback. All creatures within a post 30ft long and 5ft wide make a Wisdom saving throw against your spell DC to avoid beign charmed for 8 hours. While charmed this way a creature cant disagree with your feedback and they are magically compelled to stand up for the feedback in other forums post. At the start of its turn and every time is damaged a creature under the effect of this spell can repeat the saving throw: if they succeed the spell ends for it

Last edited by kasakoff; 11/10/20 10:02 AM.
vel Offline
+1000 strongly agree. This is excellent feedback, I hope Larian takes it to heart.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
To be fair tho there were a looot of lootable chests, drawers, boxes, desks, barrels, etc in BG 1&2 that had nothing interesting in them. Do you have the enhanced editions on steam? I played them recently and if you make a point in actually looting everything you spend a lot of time looting stuff like a regular arrow, a dagger, a piece of coal, and so on. Stuff that even if you can sell it is worth so little gold/weight that its not worth draggong along.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Skallewag
To be fair tho there were a looot of lootable chests, drawers, boxes, desks, barrels, etc in BG 1&2 that had nothing interesting in them. Do you have the enhanced editions on steam? I played them recently and if you make a point in actually looting everything you spend a lot of time looting stuff like a regular arrow, a dagger, a piece of coal, and so on. Stuff that even if you can sell it is worth so little gold/weight that its not worth draggong along.

That is true, but that is what RPG is about. You venture along, and explore. Lots of stuff is generic, and you know this.
But from time to time you find something of importance.

Like in BG3, in the abandoned village, there is a skeleton with a special helmet, which triggers something,.. That is exploring, and from time to time you stumble upon something special.

BG fan - Kivan and Jan all the way!
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Good points.
Right now the games feels more like Divinity as Baldurs Gate, especially the party members.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by kasakoff

Sirius' Detailed List of Feedbacks

V,S,M (internet connection and a PC worth 1000gp, which the spell consumes)
10 minutes (ritual)
60ft
8 hour

You point your right finger against a forum community and speak any number of bugs, suggestions or lamentations in the form of a feedback. All creatures within a post 30ft long and 5ft wide make a Wisdom saving throw against your spell DC to avoid beign charmed for 8 hours. While charmed this way a creature cant disagree with your feedback and they are magically compelled to stand up for the feedback in other forums post. At the start of its turn and every time is damaged a creature under the effect of this spell can repeat the saving throw: if they succeed the spell ends for it

laugh

On a failed save, everyone in the Steam forums takes 3d6 psychic damage and cannot submit a post or comment for the duration of the spell.

Last edited by Orbax; 11/10/20 09:53 PM.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Bantril
Originally Posted by Skallewag

That is true, but that is what RPG is about. You venture along, and explore. Lots of stuff is generic, and you know this.
But from time to time you find something of importance.

Like in BG3, in the abandoned village, there is a skeleton with a special helmet, which triggers something,.. That is exploring, and from time to time you stumble upon something special.

I agree, I dont want there to be very few containers but have all of them contain loot. My point was simply that I see some people saying there are lost of empty containers in BG3 that were not present in BG1&2 and I disagree. There were lots of containers that were empty or having nothing of interest in them in the original game as well, I suspect people have simply forgotten how many there were.

journeyman
journeyman
Excellent post!
+1

Last edited by Alon Binyamin; 11/10/20 09:55 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard