Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Rouoko Offline OP
OP Offline
I was just fighting with Phase Spider Matriach. And preparation before fight take me around half hour.
It takes to much time to set all traps, kill all enemies who can be killed before boss fight. Difficulty level of game is a lot highter than in any of Baldur's Gate game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
its an optional encounter. The time investment didn't bother me, I am not in any rush to finish games and rather like savoring them. . .Having said that. . .This was one of the few combat encounters I really disliked.

Rouoko Offline OP
OP Offline
I just set lots of barrels and my game stuck for around 5 minutes and they Spider Matchriach blow up fly down and lost 90 hp before fight.

journeyman
journeyman
Walking into the fight blind and killing everything in that room didn't take a half hour...

Took me several hours of timed sneaking, I really hate that spider fight. My saved games got corrupted after taking the key stone in stealth and not fighting the spiders so I was forced to fight them.

I had to sneak around and kill the eggs first or be overwhelmed with critters. The stupid matriarch was camping one batch and didn' t want to move away. Making it move by touching a web path with another char just got that char killed usually.

Probably didn't help that I don't like using surface tactics since that leaves the floor on fire and hinders my own chars.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Moirnelithe
Took me several hours of timed sneaking, I really hate that spider fight. My saved games got corrupted after taking the key stone in stealth and not fighting the spiders so I was forced to fight them.

I had to sneak around and kill the eggs first or be overwhelmed with critters. The stupid matriarch was camping one batch and didn' t want to move away. Making it move by touching a web path with another char just got that char killed usually.

Probably didn't help that I don't like using surface tactics since that leaves the floor on fire and hinders my own chars.

I burned the first web bridge she appeared on and let her take the 40 points falling damage. Any smaller spiders that made it up got stabbed and/or pushed or thunderwaved off.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I feel like BG I was way harder... all this kobolds with fire arrows one shooting your mages and two shooting your fighters in the mine

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Rouoko
I was just fighting with Phase Spider Matriach. And preparation before fight take me around half hour.
It takes to much time to set all traps, kill all enemies who can be killed before boss fight. Difficulty level of game is a lot highter than in any of Baldur's Gate game.

I disagree. I loved the set up/espionage part of the fights.

I felt like I was getting my "ducks in a row".

11.10.2020 - completed Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access using a Ranger Beast Master.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by KingWilhelm
I feel like BG I was way harder... all this kobolds with fire arrows one shooting your mages and two shooting your fighters in the mine

Funny thing... that was actually a bug for the Kobold commandos critting way more than they should.

Rouoko Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Coffeebreak
Originally Posted by Rouoko

I disagree. I loved the set up/espionage part of the fights.

I felt like I was getting my "ducks in a row".

I hate it because one spider jsut turn around and see me so I need roload, and again and again. End even on super fast ssd this take too much time to load game!

enthusiast
enthusiast
How long does your game take to load? I am saving all my SSD for Cyberpunk 2077 and an infinite amount of mods and DLCs but I haven't had more than a second and half for reload times on a mechanical drive. In the beginning, on the ship it was almost instantaneous which is what I am hoping for in the final build. . .You are scaring me sir.

enthusiast
enthusiast
bloody game spiders putting a gun to your head making you reload! Bad spiders you should report it to the police!!

Note don't though I'm sure they'll laugh that a game is forcing you to chose to reload when you can just fight it.

It's not it's you.

I say roll with it! It dares to turn and spot you kill it, laugh at it, then cook it, and eat it! If you a tpk (total party kill) then reload and try again.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by clavis
bloody game spiders putting a gun to your head making you reload! Bad spiders you should report it to the police!!

Note don't though I'm sure they'll laugh that a game is forcing you to chose to reload when you can just fight it.

It's not it's you.

I say roll with it! It dares to turn and spot you kill it, laugh at it, then cook it, and eat it! If you a tpk (total party kill) then reload and try again.

Seriously, This is the Early Access build. Wait to save scum until it matters, Experiment, do things wrong, learn from the experience. You might actually end up a better player

Rouoko Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by clavis

It's not it's you.

It is my fault that game is unbalanced, and every one in my party have 20-30% hit chance? I miss one spell and enemy will wipe me because that spell do 15-30 dmg. And my melee hits are for 6-10 when enemy hits me for 10-20.
And this is not even a dragon or lich.

Last edited by Rouoko; 12/10/20 08:52 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Put lights on. Climb up to her level. Break the webs she stands on.

Rouoko Offline OP
OP Offline
Where are lights? I don't see a switch. I killed her in her nest, jsut put 5 barrels of oil and gunpoweder in stelth and blow them up. She fly away and then back to nest to get her egg hatch and she burn down.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Pick up the light or dancing lights cantrip.

Rouoko Offline OP
OP Offline
I ws thinking that dancing lights dance around caster and make him more visable and let him see little more.

N
old hand
old hand
N
My favorite encounter so far because it was the toughest. I like this boss. It takes time to prepare but it's worth it I think. I must add though, my main character is a drow and so it's quite easier in the dark.

Larian should be praised for the way they handle light in this game. It's the first CRPG I play in which it's truly impactful.

Last edited by Nyanko; 12/10/20 10:33 AM.
Rouoko Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't say it is not fun but there a lot of situation like this and most of times enemy can oneshot you, and but avoid them you losing exp, items etc. even you you do it by using yopur smart dialog option.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard