Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Ranged enemies are extremely frustrating to deal with. They will immediately take a position on high ground and won't move from it. The first time this really became noticeable to me is in the temple while rescuing Halsin. In multiple combats the goblins will retreat into the rafters and fire arrows at you from the high ground, even if they can't even hit you. They will just happily stay in the rafters not doing anything of value and since you have no way to exit combat you are just stuck in combat rounds with them until you chase them down, which is extremely tedious.

I am currently alt-tabbed out of my current game writing this message while I my party is standing on a roof in the Blighted Village with two other goblins on an opposite roof. The goblins won't move and I'm not going to endanger my party just to kill them. And here we are again stuck in combat.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I got frustrated a number of times with that - Misty Step helped but shouldn't have been necessary. I know the exact encounter you're talking about, too, and 100% agree that there needs to be an easier way up to that specific rooftop.

addict
addict
It makes it worse because even if they miss with their thousand fire/acid or w/e arrows, it leaves a surface and you don't roll and just take the dmg. No dex save, just goes past ur AC and hits you. Same with the fucking bombs. There should be WAYYYY less fancy arrows and no bombs this early into the game. Bombs are rare in DnD, but every damn goblin has like 2-3 for some reason.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I had no problem with this as I try to run for cover or take the high ground myself. Try to hide then come out and shoot them to get advantage on the shot. What I found was that if I take the high ground, the enemies tend to pause and kinda skip their turn in some cases.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I noticed pausing/turn skip on enemies with this also. At one point, I used my character and Wyll to both summon imps. Can kinda cheese some parts just staying back and letting the invisible imps pick them off.

Fly my pretties, flyyyyyy!

journeyman
journeyman
Often you can cast fog cloud on enemy archers and they will just stand in it and do nothing.

Link Copied to Clipboard