Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
vel Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Larian devs,

Thank you for letting us in on Early Access.

We would love to know you're reading through all this feedback and especially the bug reports in the technical / gameplay issues.

We know you'll prioritize crashes, multiplayer etc. but on the minor ones, it'd be helpful to us if we knew you'd at least looked at what we've reported. Even a simple flag on the post, "devs have read this," would help.

Why? Well, we paid $59 to play, knowing it'll be buggy, but with the hope that we can help make it better with you. We're not very incentivized to do this if we don't even know you're reading what we've reported.

Relatedly, having a way to report bugs from within the game would help, since you'd get the version number, a screenshot, and whatever other game data you'd need.

Cheers!

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Just look at the stickied threads. "Early Access gameplay feedback compendium" wink

vel Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you. I've seen that. I'm talking about on a per post / per issue basis. Not all of it will make it into the compendium.

apprentice
apprentice
its been four days dude

vel Offline OP
OP Offline
Right, not asking for much here. Not asking for a change in priorities or anything. Just a tiny feedback loop.

apprentice
apprentice
Yeah same.

apprentice
apprentice
There's a way to report bugs via the launcher.

vel Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm on Stadia, no launcher to report bugs, would be great to report bugs in game (and automatically provide the devs context).

Last edited by vel; 11/10/20 10:06 PM.
old hand
old hand
Yeah, theres a lot of people PAYING to do QA that would cost them a fortune, it would be nice to see any kind of involvement

Last edited by Orbax; 11/10/20 10:10 PM.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
addict
addict
High chance they won't. Larian has its upsides, being vocal and communicating during EA isn't one of them.

During OS2 EA we didn't know what was being read and what changes were happening until it actually happened (for the most part). No roadmap or any update that tells us all the main changes and things they plan on doing. Doubt it'll happen now. Best we can do is keep posting hope they change, since there have been times where they are stubborn and won't change things bc "we want it this way" even if the design sucks for majority that are posting feedback.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Orbax
Yeah, theres a lot of people PAYING to do QA that would cost them a fortune, it would be nice to see any kind of involvement

Consider 300 people are hard at work to make this game, I can't see a lot of them stopping what their doing to say hi. I am sure they are getting bombarded by bug reports and feedback that it would be hard to answer every individual. All you need to do is be polite and send in your bug reports and suggestions. I do via the launcher. Expecting them to cater to you because you did spend 60 dollars for EA and knowing what that would entail is a bit naive and childlike.

However, I could see them doing some live Q and A twitch streams to communicate what they working on or improving in the future. Like Jonneh said, it's only been 4 days.

vel Offline OP
OP Offline
Totally understand their team is busy. Likely someone is combing through the bug reports in the forum. The forum could automatically add a flag/badge that indicates "read by devs."

No commitments, no posts by devs, just a simple thing to let us know our big y reports are not getting lost in the deluge.

apprentice
apprentice
Doesn't even need to be that, I'm fairly certain they must have a 'Community Manager' (from my understanding most game studio's have someone in that role, even if it isn't in their job title), all it would need is for that person to pop in with a "Thanks for all the feedback guys, I know we haven't posted anything here or told you what changes we are looking into, but just to let you know we are taking your comments to heart" and I'm pretty certain people would be happier.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I hope they announce a stream or something like it soon to address the most commonly brought up issues. I'm sure they have some stances and I would love to hear
"this is staying",
"this we're considering",
"this we'll very likely change",
and "this is just temporary" about the frequent topics. And some of their thoughts about what else they have up their sleeve.

vel Offline OP
OP Offline
Anything is better than silence I suppose.

vel Offline OP
OP Offline
This was a good update from the dev team:
http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=694537&an=89#Post694537

But I'd still love to know that reported issues are read, a flag.

Link Copied to Clipboard