Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 46 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 45 46
journeyman
journeyman
If you save Volo before the Druid Celebration, he sings, and the lyrics are on the screen, all at once, with no flow. Just centered, narrow width (like scrolling lyrics) text, from top to bottom of the screen, running off the top and bottom.

journeyman
journeyman
When sending stuff to camp, from equipment screen, does not immediately remove it from inventory. It still shows. It happens when you do it on one of the other characters not currently selected.

A
stranger
stranger
A
K playing on Steam version.
I have others but these are ones I have been able to reproduce whenever.

1. Longsword when viewed in inventory says 1d10 damage. When examined it says 1d8 for damage.
2. Spell gui has serious bugs or is highly confusing or both. Level 1 spells showing up in the level two area.
3. Separating a character from the group allows 1-2 turn and then the game locks up as far as any character actions though you can still save.

NOTE Spoiler's below

]The Blighted Villiage - Cellar quest. -
Past the Secret Door
The area is rife with Graphical bugs, Walls vanishing, Characters partially rendered if at all.
Scripted responses following touching the book of Thayan Magic is stuck with Astarion offering to carry the book
and there is no option following to clear the scripted sequence. I found that if I select another character one of them would let me go back to my game but several characters were now locked in dialog. I had stacked up stuff in front of the Gargoyles cause they just looked like bad news. Didn't matter. When I looted the book with one of the free characters, Door closed and Astarion and my mage and the Gith were inside. Some creative reviving later I got the book. and its worth 1 gold. lol. With Gith's magic hand, I even found a way to move the book to a safer area to loot but I don't dare interact with the book cause I'm sure the cut scene will put me back in the cell, lol. I know evil shouldn't profit when they are unwise but this needs a lot of work. If you want characters to get the book if they are willing to go through a lot of headaches and resources, make it worth something. Some spells and a curse or worth a lot of gold to the right person etc. Or you loot it and the party is disintegrated. I don't care but this needs something more besides just fixing the script bug.

A more pressing concern for me is I am being blocked from a LVL 2 slot. Take a look at Shadowhearts spell slots and know I can select nothing more so I am weakened because of this bug:. Grr, I can't get a screenshot of the full screen cause windows is stupid.

Want to know what I hate? Your perception attempt succeeds AFTER it explodes. I chose Astarian as a Thief rather than Arcane Thief. I guess I should have gotten the cantrip . Cause his Thief skills are way too late to be helpful.

I'm standing in front of the mine and my NPC thief has NO option to disarm Trap despite having the tools in his inventory. Give a thief some love. If they can't detect traps at a safe distance and disarm them, You devalue them in practice. My NPC Thief has apparently no bonus as a Thief to perceive traps. And the lack of options to defuse robs him of exp. ANyone with a bow can trigger the trap once perceived. Is 5e really like this? No option to disarm and no experience in even perceiving it? If you won't give the disarm option, then give exp for perceiving it even after it explodes. Sheesh

Last edited by Azinthir; 12/10/20 03:59 AM. Reason: Addded more bugs
stranger
stranger
Traveled to camp to grab items from stash, triggered Gale somehow as he started screaming "Intruder!" and I had to knock him TF out.
It has since happened at least one other time with our pale elf friend randomly aggro-ing upon fast travel to camp if he isn't in the party.

"It's called 'Splash Damage' you crybabies. Suck it up, or go whine to the Cleric."
T
stranger
stranger
T
A major Issue I had, Bear Haslin didn't exist, no cutscene when I entered the pins.

Heres what I did before enter the room where he was suppose to be in: while looking for Haslin. I learned that Haslin turned himself to a bear, then I started killing the Goblin leaders and the who sanctum went hostile, I killed everyone. I did the moon puzzle and found my way into the underdark, I didn't explore the underdark, I just returned to camp and rested and then climbed the ladder to the sanctum to look for Haslin more. I finally made my way the the pins and killed the few goblins that where there. The Worgs where dead in their cells already. Cell Haslin would've been in was empty. I didn't know he was supposed to be in there until I looked it up online after several hours of searching. I saw on reddit so I had to reload a save before I started killing the leaders to trigger the cutscene.

stranger
stranger
There is an obnoxious amount of color banding in HDR on the pause screen due to the way this texture is compressed.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2255169570

journeyman
journeyman
I am in the village, just by the Gnas (spelling, the hyena creatures) where they need help saving the Duke. If you go to the entrance next to the main one, you can not walk through it. It says it is too far. No door, no visual obstacles, nothing. So I jump inside and start looking around. Wouldn't ya know it, heading to the staircase produces the same thing, unable to reach, or Jump to reach.

[img]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2255299291[/img]

Last edited by SpiderKiller; 11/10/20 11:02 PM. Reason: Pic link update
journeyman
journeyman
Really irritating when the NPCs decide to run through a building that is completely engulfed in flames to try and make it to where your main character is at. Why is that a thing? DOS2 had it to where they would not follow if there was something harmful in the path, or they would find a safer travel. Due to the issue in the house where I have to jump non-existent obstacles, my other character decide to run through a burning room.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Kaldaien
There is an obnoxious amount of color banding in HDR on the pause screen due to the way this texture is compressed.

I dont even recognize what you are looking at. Is that the settings window?

stranger
stranger
Can't host multiplayer. No matter the settings in the options (anybody, friends only, invite only), I can't change the "Who can join?" option to anything when creating a new multiplayer game. The default "Nobody" is greyed out.

D
stranger
stranger
D
At camp, the party members cannot be dismissed, their dialog being blocked at the last sentence from the celebration.

journeyman
journeyman
So, this is all in the same area as my last post (with my group running through a burning building to die), but I reloaded the quicksave to have my characters back. Well I saved after I broke a broken door to save a guy upstairs. When it reloaded, the door was there, but unable to be broken. No HP no damage able to be done to it. I also could not travel through the door, so the guy ends up dying.[img]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2255293962[/img]

S
stranger
stranger
S
When interacting with the Necromancy of Thay book, it gets stuck on the dialogue and I can't progress. Each of the party members make there observations, and just stays on the last one and doesn't progress. Tried without rest of party and same thing happens.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by SpiderKiller

That's because those are custom debug tools I've been building for the past 6 years.

I don't expect anyone to recognize the actual tool, but I am all but certain an artist at Larian will know immediately which texture this is, even if it's a bunch of debug gibberish in that screenshot.

It's a 3840x2160 BC3 compressed alpha gradient. Probably the only one in the game.

stranger
stranger
-
At Nettie, I refused to give my hand, then dodged and then intimidated her (all successful rolls). She gave up without asking for promise but remained in the room and when I talked to her again she acted as if I'd be poisoned (even though I was not since I did not give her my arm and dodged her). And wanted promise for the antidote.

-
I told Shadowheart to stay in the camp and at some point she got missing. She had to be recruited again in Druid's grove where she acted as if we'd not have any history together yet so it was definitely a bug.

-
To the old skeleton's question in Dank's Crypt in I said the only life which matters is mine and then I had to answer again with this option missing. I'm not 100 percent sure if it is a bug or not but it felt strange to me.

-At several dialogs (sadly I forgot to keep the exact track) Drow option was missing the "Drow" string between [] brackets.
-Cut-screens camera is sometimes quite crazy, the worst it was during my dream in the camp.

Last edited by Yglika; 11/10/20 11:34 PM.

I don't possess a magical gift, I'm the magic itself.
W
apprentice
apprentice
W
The Intellect Devourer near the Mind Flayer Pod where the woman transforms when you push the button, is immortal. I couldn't hit him at all with melee, but I got a natural 20 with a range attack and dealt no damage. Hit him again for same effect. It doesn't go hostile either. It just ignores your existence. You also can't talk to it.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by SpiderKiller

That's because those are custom debug tools I've been building for the past 6 years.

I don't expect anyone to recognize the actual tool, but I am all but certain an artist at Larian will know immediately which texture this is, even if it's a bunch of debug gibberish in that screenshot.

It's a 3840x2160 BC3 compressed alpha gradient. Probably the only one in the game.

Ok.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Hi when I try to shoot the "foundation block" over the two looters outside the ruins the game CTD just after the animation finishes. Tried running it at lower resolutions and graphics settings. Doesn't make a difference.

Specs:

R5 1600
32GB DDR4 3200
R9 280X 3GB
Samsung 970 Pro 1TB

journeyman
journeyman
Is this the place to talk about power consumption of the game on laptop? If not point me to the right one. But I've noticed that the game inhales power. I have it plugged in while playing to keep it from dying, but it just drains the battery so quick. When the battery gets low, my FPS drops to less than 10. If anyone else has this issue or seen a thread elsewhere please let me know. Im using Vulkan, since it seems better for me. Ill try DX to see if there are any changes. Also settings are on high, moved them from ultra because I though that was the issue the other day, wasn't. I'm sure there is more info that may be wanted/needed, just let me know.

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Bug where I cannot loot Gimblebock's armor. It's in the list of what I can loot; it just doesn't let me.

Edit: Also cannot interact with the Bag of Rotten food in the dungeon Gimblebock is guarding. Interact icon appears over it, but nothing happens when clicked.

Last edited by wizard0013; 12/10/20 02:35 AM.
Page 9 of 46 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard