Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#689548 11/10/20 11:48 PM
Milani Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Is anyone able to actually tell if your skill proficiencies and/or bonuses are actually being applied to ability check rolls? There's no way to see what you rolled depending on what it is, and it doesn't offer up a breakdown of the roll when it's the interactive dice on the screen. I'd like to know if my +6 to sleight of hand is actually being added to my rolls to attempt to pickpocket, because sometimes it doesn't feel like it.

Is there just like.. a list of certain magical artefacts that work for Gale? It can't just be any blue (rare) quality enchanted item? I have Faithbreaker AND Shattered Flail in my inventory and Sword of Justice equipped and the only option I have to hand to him to consume is the Sword of Justice, but I want to keep it! It's a good sword!

Last edited by Milani; 12/10/20 03:04 AM. Reason: new question, duh
P
P
It's kind of weirdly done -- the bonuses are subtracted from the target, rather than added to the roll. I don't remember exactly the details, but it shows if you hover.

Milani Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thank you for that, I didn't realize it showed on the mouse-over; the only downside there is the pickpocket window closes if the target moves so there's just a small time limit to see what the actual target roll is. (Which was 28, apparently. Impossible to obtain.)

(Also I edited the thread for a new question!)

apprentice
apprentice
I'm not entirely sure the requirements for Gale to be able to consume an artifact. I've got blue items that it won't allow me to give him, too. These are the specific items I've found so far that it will let me give him:
The Necromancy of Thay
The Iron Flask
The Shadow of Menzoberranzan (sp?)
The Staff of Crones
The Idol of Silvanus

Milani Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by tourmaline
I'm not entirely sure the requirements for Gale to be able to consume an artifact. I've got blue items that it won't allow me to give him, too. These are the specific items I've found so far that it will let me give him:
The Necromancy of Thay
The Iron Flask
The Shadow of Menzoberranzan (sp?)
The Staff of Crones
The Idol of Silvanus

I've already given him a necklace, Selune's something-or-other, it had a heal on it but also a chance it would sleep the target. I haven't found the other things yet, except for the idol, and I didn't want to piss off my big bear buddy D: We really should be allowed to just give him whatever Rare and up thing we happen to have on us, but I guess the point is to force us to make a choice between stats and no stats. Which I understand but also, like.. jeez.. tone it back a little.

Link Copied to Clipboard