Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
I have beaten the early access game in 37:35.

Super fun time with the game and I can't wait for more content as I have a ton of tech that I cannot use.
Awesome game!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/767787769

C
Banned
Banned
C
No... you rushed the Act change flag.

The first thing that happens next is that your party runs into level 5-7 mobs and wipes constantly. As you demonstrated by sacrificing a single party member to the bulette.

Here's a tip: open up the console, type warp X/Y and touch the flag zone. Well done you "beat" the content in 15 seconds. That's how useful you have been to EA.

P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
Unfortunate you weren't a fan. I have a ton of strategies for and tech for the all quests category as well.

In my previous run i defeated the entire fight you mention by the 21 minute mark at level 2.

I think you believe the game is harder than it is lol

All quests only took me 2:46:18

C
Banned
Banned
C
Originally Posted by Professor_Palmer
Unfortunate you weren't a fan. I have a ton of strategies for and tech for the all quests category as well.

In my previous run i defeated the entire fight you mention by the 21 minute mark at level 2.

I think you believe the game is harder than it is lol

You've entirely missed the point of EA testing in a personal ego-trip desiring YouTube viewers / revenue.

Well done. You're a cookie-monster.

No, they did not.

There's more than 4 hrs dialogue in-game at the moment, and there's at least two major strands of game-play that are exclusionary (save Druids + kill Goblin leaders vrs kill Druids + make love to Drow Priestess) .

You don't even understand the conceptual frame-work for what EA is doing, let alone being so blind that you've missed hours of content.

Last edited by Cat Badgerkin; 12/10/20 01:06 AM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Cat Badgerkin

The first thing that happens next is that your party runs into level 5-7 mobs and wipes constantly. As you demonstrated by sacrificing a single party member to the bulette.

Here's a tip: open up the console, type warp X/Y and touch the flag zone. Well done you "beat" the content in 15 seconds. That's how useful you have been to EA.

Here is a tip: saying here is a tip makes you sound like a jerk. 😂

I’m not into speed running myself, but I’m not going to s—- on people who do. For speed runners the fun is finding new ways to break the game. There is no cause to be such a sour pus.

C
Banned
Banned
C
Originally Posted by Warlocke

I’m not into speed running myself, but I’m not going to s—- on people who do. For speed runners the fun is finding new ways to break the game. There is no cause to be such a sour pus.

He's not doing either.

Speed running in EA is about as useful as someone looking into the code, pointing to the end flag and saying: "HEY, THERE'S THE END FLAG".

It's literally.. useless.

He didn't even break the game in any interesting ways.

I'll spell it out for you: it's a moronic misunderstanding of what EA is designed to do, he did it badly and there's 100% no point to speed-running EA unless you're high-lighting skips / glitches / broken flags etc.

He... did none of that. It's useless to Larian in EA.

P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P

No, they did not.

There's more than 4 hrs dialogue in-game at the moment, and there's at least two major strands of game-play that are exclusionary (save Druids + kill Goblin leaders vrs kill Druids + make love to Drow Priestess) .

You don't even understand the conceptual frame-work for what EA is doing, let alone being so blind that you've missed hours of content.[/quote]

Well, no. In a speedrun I mashed the dialogue as quickly as I could, naturally. I was able to complete all quests in 2:46:18.

I was trying to find a fun way to play through a fun game. Hope you're enjoying the game as well!

PS

I don't get money from youtube or twitch lol

C
Banned
Banned
C

I was trying to find a fun way to play through a fun game. Hope you're enjoying the game as well!

...which you made videos of. On an monetized platform. Then chose to forum spam with.

Dude: it's fine, just don't think you're actually doing anything constructive here.

EA = test and break shit. You managed to ... not abuse a single thing in your play-through. That's.... really special.

P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P

...which you made videos of. On an monetized platform. Then chose to forum spam with.

Dude: it's fine, just don't think you're actually doing anything constructive here.

EA = test and break shit. You managed to ... not abuse a single thing in your play-through. That's.... really special.

I use tons of tech, glitches, and skips in all quests.

Like my barrel glitch (used in the any%) and my cutscene necrosis nuke (kills the entire goblin army if you wait for the cutscene for 3:30 minutes)
but I always record my streams just like anyone playing casually.

What you are referring to ( quite rudely) is stress/beta testing. I'm just enjoying playing the game. There wasn't rules that said it had to be done a certain way. I think, maybe, you're just being a negative nancy to be a negative nancy.

PS Again, I don't earn revenue from Twitch or Youtube. I don't have monetization. Not that it matters as it isn't any different than anyone else streaming or making videos about the game.

W
veteran
veteran
W

He's not doing either.

Speed running in EA is about as useful as someone looking into the code, pointing to the end flag and saying: "HEY, THERE'S THE END FLAG".

It's literally.. useless.

He didn't even break the game in any interesting ways.

I'll spell it out for you: it's a moronic misunderstanding of what EA is designed to do, he did it badly and there's 100% no point to speed-running EA unless you're high-lighting skips / glitches / broken flags etc.

He... did none of that. It's useless to Larian in EA.

Participants in EA can opt-out of sharing their data with Larian. There is no right or wrong way to play the game. Furthermore, they got his money, which is supporting the continued game development.

Speed running is a community activity. They share their footage to grow their collective understanding of the game. This is especially true once a game first comes out.

I don’t know what crawled up your butt and died, but get help.

C
Banned
Banned
C

I use tons of tech, glitches, and skips in all quests.

Like my barrel glitch (used in the any%) and my cutscene necrosis nuke (kills the entire goblin army if you wait for the cutscene for 3:30 minutes)
but I always record my streams just like anyone playing casually.

What you are referring to ( quite rudely) is stress/beta testing. I'm just enjoying playing the game. There wasn't rules that said it had to be done a certain way. I think, maybe, you're just being a negative nancy to be a negative nancy.

PS Again, I don't earn revenue from Twitch or Youtube. I don't have monetization. Not that it matters as it isn't any different than anyone else streaming or making videos about the game.

>Bug using primary character with open dialogue to use other party members to act: known.

Literally didn't show anything new.

> Barrel exploits: kid... you're not even in the D:OS2 kindergarten of barrel exploits at the moment.

Hmm.

Let me see what the title of this thread is again. Ah: "Baldur's Gate III Speedrun World Record"

No, it's not a "world-record" and "Speed-runs" are done on finished content, not EA content.

But yeah: 100% totes believe your motivation Mr "I HAZ THE WURLD RCUORD"

Last edited by Cat Badgerkin; 12/10/20 01:29 AM.
C
Banned
Banned
C

Speed running is a community activity

QA > Speed running in the circles you're trying to communicate with.

The tip-off is the "END OF ACT FLAG" bit.

~

Literally wasting our time with this nonsense because you kids need fame and recognition.

Last edited by Cat Badgerkin; 12/10/20 01:31 AM.
P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
Just a fun way to play a game I'm really enjoying. Not trying to prove anything. Sorry you're upset about it. Didn't realize it had to have been done a certain way. LOL

Next time ill ask your permission before I play the game.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Just a fun way to play a game I'm really enjoying. Not trying to prove anything. Sorry you're upset about it. Didn't realize it had to have been done a certain way. LOL

😂😂😂

Don’t worry about him. Glad you are having fun with the game.

C
Banned
Banned
C

Well, no. In a speedrun I mashed the dialogue as quickly as I could, naturally. I was able to complete all quests in 2:46:18.

No, your claims are:

1) Can hit Underdark Cove transit flag in 37:35

2) You completed "all" quests in under 3 hrs.

Both are utter bullshit, and I've watched the video. Woo...wee.... you rushed a flag.

C
Banned
Banned
C

😂😂😂

Her.

And you're part of the reason this rot has settled into the industry.

P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P

😂😂😂

Her.

Someone has taken this way too personally. No one has to enjoy a game any certain way. It's a ton of fun with a valuable, unique perspective. Hope you enjoy the game and everyone has a great rest of the day.

W
veteran
veteran
W

😂😂😂

Her.

Why thank you! 😃

C
Banned
Banned
C
Sigh, no.

I'm telling you what is USEFUL in an EA launch and testing period.

This entire thread is a massive waste of time because the OP is so egotistical he claimed things that he never did. i.e. glitches / exploits / jumps etc.

That's why I'm annoyed. He literally did fucking nothing out of the engine ordinary, 100% waste of my time.

W
veteran
veteran
W
I think the real reason you are annoyed is because you are unloved. Thats okay. When you are ready to open up your heart to others, love will find you. Just give it time.

Last edited by Warlocke; 12/10/20 01:53 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard