Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Threat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
When I use the Ranger skill Summon Animal companion or the cantrip Summon Familiar my party is instantly put into combat. The summons is still controllable by me and is highlighted as blue when move mouse over them but the cursor changes to the attack icon. I think only my ranger (the summoner) is able to attack.

If i kill the summons, combat stops. If i move the summons far enough away, combat stops, When i move and regroup the party, the summons will move as well and combat will start again as soon as they get close.

If hasn't been like this the whole game. I was able to use my companion and familiar up to the Blighted Village. At some point during the Goblin Village this started happening and I have not ben able to use my companion or familiar since.

Thanks. I'm really enjoying the game. Great job, Larian!

M
stranger
stranger
M
Same problem. First happened at the Goblin Village.All type of summons are hostile.

Cheers,

Metal Marty

T
stranger
stranger
T
Encountered the same bug. Started during a small goblin encounter before the bridge to the main goblin camp. Currently my ranger's summons always trigger combat, but Wyll's familiar does not.

old hand
old hand
Had this happen when fighting the Duergar ambush. I retreated up the hill to try to end the encounter since I wasn't positioned favourably but the spider died. After this, each time I summoned it, it put me into combat turns. Didn't know it was against the spider until it used opportunity attack on me. I could move both it and my character and act with both but only way to get out of the turns was to kill the spider. Finished the fight but even after travelling back to the Myconids this behaviour persisted. Tried with the raven but this was also bugged.

Also adding, this has persisted even after a long rest.

Tested again, had my character hiding out of combat, spider initiated the encounter and promptly died. On my next summon, we are now considered in combat with each other. I am wondering if this is because there was forced dialogue at the start?

Last edited by Zarna; 18/10/20 06:30 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I just experienced this playing a Warlock. Thought it may have something to do with summoning an imp but it happened when I tried to summon a raven as well. Not sure if there's a way to fix it.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Just had the same issue here, I encountered it just pass the entrance to the goblin camp (snuck around the side of it and attacked the three goblins sitting around a table). Familiar will instantly initiate combat and count as hostile (however only to the character that summoned it, no one else is able to attack it) despite it still being under full player control. This appears to happen with any type of familiar (unable to test with Warlock ones as this is happening on my Ranger) no matter the location. Familiars (including Warlock ones on a different character) have worked fine up until this moment.

Link Copied to Clipboard