Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Nothing too big that's out of the realm of possibilities and even stuff we already know they will probably add at one point but you are eager to play around with

Here is my list:
Feats: War Caster, Resilient
Subclasses: Tempest Cleric
Spells: Spiritual Weapon, Booming Blade
Subraces: Githzerai (Or any other +2 wisdom race/subrace [I really want firbolg but I know it's not gonna happend])

What's on your wishlist?

Last edited by H3ll Pme; 12/10/20 12:34 PM.
stranger
stranger
I'm really hoping they add Swashbucklers. It's in Xanathar's, so I'm not sure if they will, but it's my favorite rogue subclass.

Apart from that, I'd like to see them stick to D&D 5e rules and not deviate more than necessary.

Last edited by Empress_Kuno; 12/10/20 12:21 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I don't have time right now to write an extensive list of things I want in the game, but to start off, I'd like to see these races:

• Gith with Githyanki and Githzerai as subraces
  • Duergar subrace of dwarves (why not if we have Drow?)
  • Gnome, including deep gnome subrace
  • Dragonborn
  • Aasimar
  • Genasi

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
My whish:

- 6 party members (it is not to late for this)
- adding xanathar's guide and sword coast subclasses and origins
- adding an option for the die in conversations (likt this you can choose if you truly want to gamble your choices away)
-Day and night cycle
- micromanagement of the camp
-normal longswords (they are too big) or make short swords longer.
-Yuan-ti. (as a playable race)

all of this and the game should be perfect in replayability and gameplay laugh

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Just more base classes, races, feats and spells - faithfully implemented according to the rules, and I would be happy.
Multiclassing would be a big boon, but it's not really that important. There's only a couple of multiclassings I would consider (Barbarian + Fighter, Paladin + Sorcerer. That's about it).

If I were reaching for a long shot, then I'd love to have the Tortle with a bunch of tortle-specific dialogue laugh

P.S. OH! And make dialogue relevant spells like Friends and Thaumaturgy and Detect Thoughts castable IN DIALOGUE, and not something I have to precast.

Last edited by Slapstick; 12/10/20 12:56 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
- Variant human
- Spell sniper feat
- Being able to see the DC of a check before choosing the option
- Group jump and crouch
- Necromancy school
- More options in character creator ( sliders, scars, more tattoos, more faces, etc. )
- More short rests and less available long rests.

Necromancy is just recycling...
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
100% agree with all of this besides being able to see the DC. I feel like it would make the game feel less alive and more mechanical, were you just pick the option with the highest chance as opposed to picking the more appealing option.

S
S
Full PHB implementation. A boy can dream.

apprentice
apprentice
My wishlist ?...

1) I would like to have in my party a female companion (any race) with Alix Wilton Regan VA. I just love her voice.

2) Fully voiced main character + minimum 5 pre-made characters with unique origin stories.

3) Same as Whistler from Sneakers Movie: I want peace on earth and goodwill toward men - also in here.

N
stranger
stranger
N
-more party banter this was an amazing new feature that I hope they add more to it
-party members chiming in more in side quests

journeyman
journeyman
-Camera freedom of movement (maybe even first person view?) - I want to see the beautiful world.
-Better party movement management - multiple select, formations, etc..

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
My wish list is 0% D&D additions and 100% QoL things

- clearer combat math
- maybe just a hint of how difficult a check a dialog challenge will be before seeing the DC
- better inventory management / better merchant interface (did they delete the "sell wares" button from D:OS or am I blind?)
- hover text on all the game terms so people who haven't memorized the PHB know what things mean
- removal of trap options on level up (why can Asterion take the Light Armor Proficiency feat when he already has that proficiency?)
- better pathfinding all around. combats should never devolve to enemies that can't get to you just eating 5 rounds of arrows
- improved party traversal wrt jumping. The underdark gets pretty tedious if you have to jump each character from platform to platform
- fewer useless items and empty containers (I imagine some of these items will have a use eventually but the container glut is tedious)
- better alt-highlighting, especially around things revealed via perception checks. camera not looking at it? hope you've got an eagle eye.
- make more things expire on short/long rest. specifically, ranger's animal speaking and cleric's guidance - those should just be always on
- auto party-halt options. if my lead character spots a trap i want them to stop the whole party rather than gleefully walk into it

veteran
veteran
In short,

- Better party controls (traditional RTS-like controls as used by the past Infinity Engine games, Pathfinder Kingmaker and countless others VS the shitty chain/unchain system Larian insists to use).
- Six men party (and the previous point is basically a pre-requisite for this).
- Better and slimmer inventory management (less useless garbage to pick up, all keys automatically added to a "keyring", all texts summarized in a separate menu without filling bag space, all food removed or abstracted as some generic "food" resource -i.e. Lords of Xulima- etc.).
- A whole lot of companions, not necessarily bound to be "playable origin stories" and not necessarily available from the beginning.
- Extended party. Meaning the possibility to keep companions around at your base/camp/whatever even when you are not bringing them around in your current group.
- A whole lot of minor tweaking, frankly of very secondary importance after the above mentioned stuff (i.e. cosmetic adjustment, ruleset tweaking, etc.).
- More classes and races, but I guess most of them are coming.

ALSO

Things I'd love to se but I know it's a waste of time to ask for, because Larian already said they won't happen

- Proper passing of time and a night and day cycle.

Last edited by Tuco; 12/10/20 01:47 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
N
stranger
stranger
N
Minsc and boo they have every reason to bring them back

N
old hand
old hand
N
-Better camera handling, especially in small areas like caves. It's quite messy at the moment.
-Shortcut to link and unlink party member all at once.
-Group jump (tired of making them jump one at a time)
-Group stealth (same as above)
-Make the hand crossbow actually being useful over light crossbow (Useable along with a shield or in dual wield with a dagger)

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
  • Day/Night cycle
  • Random encounters (on map and when sleeping)
  • Non tadpoled companions
  • Removal of teleport from anywhere on map (jump between runes is ok)
  • Fatigue when not resting for prolonged time (12 hours in armor running and fighting, come on, give them a break!)
  • Camp shouldn't be always safe happy place
  • Romance that makes sense, not as now, randomly everyone wants to hook-up
  • Possibility to do part of quests for companions at camp
  • Dialogues without helmets and armor when at camp
  • More scary face options, it's hard to make "evil" and intimidating character that looks like Mr. Bean
  • Party formation!

Last edited by Imendil; 12/10/20 01:52 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Faithful 5e implementation. At least the content of the PHB and the Adventures Guide to the Swordcoast.

journeyman
journeyman
Custom party
Face sliders or lots of preset options for face parts
Traditional party management
Group stealth and jump
An option to turn off the camera change during conversation
Removal of plotting next move
Anything that could improve camera and targeting
Removal of companion approval/disapproval for companions who are not present
Redo every animation in which characters touch each other(though they're so bad I think they are probably placeholders)
Redo main character facial animations(again, probably placeholders)
Loot that looks like what you took off of the NPC's body
Nyyber
Sword handles that look like sword handles
Scabbards
No swords on the back

Last edited by Raflamir; 12/10/20 02:34 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
*My character to not be a terrified weakling with their facial reactions.
*Detect Evil (the Paladin Class as well, I know its bee confirmed just confirming)
*Key rings
*Book Rack in Camp, a way to auto send Books to your library for easy finding would be great.
*Less empty Barrels and chests, sometimes its like playing a bad app on the iphone. "What's in the Barrel"
*Bounties (This was absolutely Great easy extra content add in Pillars of Eternity)
*Female Dwarf Companion (It is almost never done, break the mold!!!)

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
100% agree with all of this besides being able to see the DC. I feel like it would make the game feel less alive and more mechanical, were you just pick the option with the highest chance as opposed to picking the more appealing option.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard