Next Thread
Print Thread
#691251 12/10/20 04:14 PM
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Did I miss it or is there no retreat button (similar to what was in DOS2)?

Would really like to have that, so I can retreat from dangerous encounters (for example if you roll a low persuasion roll and have to start a fight surrounded by enemies)

A
stranger
stranger
A
Definitely needs to be incorporated. They must have missed that

journeyman
journeyman
There is a retreat button.. dash.. just run away. If you can't run away fast enough, then I guess you should have been more careful?

E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Does the encounter end if I run away far enough?

journeyman
journeyman
Yes it does.

enthusiast
enthusiast
As much as I would like that too, I'd be concerned it would make the game too easy. I would exploit the shit out of that. Use all my spells/abilities etc, camp/rest, return to combat - rinse & repeat.

Love and sausages xx
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Thanks, took me 4 turns of double dashing across the map but managed to end the encounter. Was not immediately obvious that that would happen. Wonder how they calculate the distance.

journeyman
journeyman
running away from combat is alright, but if we can heal the enemy should heal too. You can CHEESE so many encounter if you just run heal and re engage an the enemy has the same hp as when you were fighting them.

E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Yeah, but I don't think a lot of people will use this to cheese encounters. Can it be done - yes, but is it worth the time - probably not. You are better of just reloading a save and trying the fight again.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
You can get out of combat by running away? How fekin far do you have to run!? I got stuck in combat mode at the ruined village with a goblin that had no way of reaching my party, could not see the party or do anything and I ran like 4 turns worth away and it would never stop combat. There needs to be some way to attempt ending combat mode if you are unreachable and out of any enemies sight. But additionally getting in combat needs to force turn based mode on everybody in the party. It is completely broken the way it is set up now, where if only one party member is engaged in a fight you can just leave the fight on hold and literally sneak around a whole village in real time mode while the combat just waits for you. You can exploit this very easily, sneaking behind enemies in high places that are stuck in combat and then push all of them off one after the other without ever getting engaged in combat if all the enmies are looking away from you.

Last edited by YelloB; 12/10/20 05:19 PM.
L
addict
addict
L
The combat range is large. I was able to end combat with many a dash

Link Copied to Clipboard