Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#691351 12/10/20 04:47 PM
Ramien Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Okay, so Shadowheart does not like Githyanki and you have to pass a persuasion check to get her to join if playing as one. Why does she not treat a cleric of Selune the same way? You'd think she'd have at least some reaction to a PC cleric asking to join forces - even if she thinks she can hide her Shar-worship for a while, there's a major conflict of interest, especially the way she reacts to any of the Selune statues or the temple.

veteran
veteran
Can you guys stop it with the overdramatic titles and make it more clear upfront what the issue is?

That said, good feedback.
Given her behavior she should definitely react fiercely to a Selune cleric. Maybe even make it a complete no go (after all if the player itself is a cleric her utility would be questionable anyway).

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
stranger
stranger
I made a Githyanki Priestess of Selune to see how Shadowheart reacted.
Not only was I disappointed that Shadowheart only reacted to my Gith heritage and ignored my deity choice but Lae'zel did not even notice that we are both followers of Selune.
Especially since I chose the option to let the party know I was a Priestess of Selune when both companions were in the party at that time.

Ramien Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Camric
Not only was I disappointed that Shadowheart only reacted to my Gith heritage and ignored my deity choice but Lae'zel did not even notice that we are both followers of Selune.
Especially since I chose the option to let the party know I was a Priestess of Selune when both companions were in the party at that time.

Pretty sure Lae'zel is not a follower of Selune, though. She's pretty dogmatic about her devotion to Vlaakith.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Which is dumb, on sooo many levels... not only are Githyanki usually atheists, or if not, worship their lich queen Vlaakith first and foremost, and maybe some evil or neutral deities after, not to mention that the clergy of Selune is usually KOS for followers of Shar.

Another example for Larian not really doing their homework...

Last edited by WarBaby2; 12/10/20 05:28 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Ramien

Pretty sure Lae'zel is not a follower of Selune, though. She's pretty dogmatic about her devotion to Vlaakith.

She mentioned it in one of her dialogs I had with her that she is a member of Creche K'liir, followers of Selune.
I was surprised because she does mention Vlaakith an awful lot in other dialogs.

I believe it was a camp dialog although I'm not certain.
I always speak to each companion every time I go back to camp for a rest whether or not there is a (!) over their head or not.

Last edited by Camric; 12/10/20 05:34 PM.
D
old hand
old hand
D
Shes trying to hide what she is though. Every suggestion would make it clearer what she is 😂

Having her be more passive agressive or hostile in chat could be the way to go without having her out her allegiance the second you meet her.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ya'll do realize that followers of anyone other then Vlakish among the Githyanki are hunted down and killed. as stated in the rulebooks,Vlaakish doesn't want any heretics among her people, much like Lloth and other evil goods.

Also I believe I heard that Shadowheart is having a crisis of faith, which may very well be why she doesn't respond to your religion. She currently doesn't know what to believe about her own faith. Not to mention alooot bigger problems on her plate then Shar, Selune conflict. I don't know something about who she is being wiped from existance as that little tadpole turns her into a mind flayer. Though hell maybe she'll enjoy the whole ceremorphisis process, and being completely and utterly destroyed. No biggie lets talk about Faith you Selune Scum, oh one second I believe I just shat myself, oh no bother just my organs liquidfying.

and yes she does say stuff about inanimate objects, that may or may not anger a follower of Selune. Honestly again off handed comments are not likely to start a fight unless your a zealot, and again bigger fish to fry. most people would note the comments, get healed, then after alls said and done Smash the heretic, or try to convert her.

Last edited by clavis; 12/10/20 05:50 PM.
Ramien Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Shes trying to hide what she is though. Every suggestion would make it clearer what she is 😂

Having her be more passive agressive or hostile in chat could be the way to go without having her out her allegiance the second you meet her.

She could just say "Travel? With you? I'm not that desperate for help" or something of that nature.

She mentioned it in one of her dialogs I had with her that she is a member of Creche K'liir, followers of Selune.
I was surprised because she does mention Vlaakith an awful lot in other dialogs.

I always speak to each companion every time I go back to camp for a rest whether or not there is a (!) over their head or not.

When she mentioned her Creche in my last playthrough, she didn't mention Selune at all - Although depending on the exact wording, it could mean they're in the Tears of Selune, the trail of rocks that follow the actual moon Selune in its orbit around the planet. Any chance of a screenshot?

stranger
stranger

She could just say "Travel? With you? I'm not that desperate for help" or something of that nature.

When she mentioned her Creche in my last playthrough, she didn't mention Selune at all - Although depending on the exact wording, it could mean they're in the Tears of Selune, the trail of rocks that follow the actual moon Selune in its orbit around the planet. Any chance of a screenshot?

When I do my next playthrough I will see if I can get the dialog again,
I know she mentioned K'liir because it is on my notepad (I had to look it up).
It is possible that I am remembering the dialog incorrectly and my mind is connecting Selune with Tears of Selune from the wiki.
Although I can swear I saw the word Selune in my dialog, but it wouldn't be the first time I confused myself by constantly alt+tabbing to check things. LOL

apprentice
apprentice
Could it be her memory suppression in order to keep her effective in accomplishing her mission? Wonder what was suppressed and hoping it's something big, like she's actually a selune cleric that's captured and brainwashed (like Luna). Have included a link below for those that are interested in Shar and Selune.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Church_of_Sel%C3%BBne

Last edited by voncastein; 12/10/20 06:02 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
I think we can be critical of certain conversations, but without playing the whole game and seeing how the characters develop or secrets unfold it is kind of silly to judge...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Elpoet
I think we can be critical of certain conversations, but without playing the whole game and seeing how the characters develop or secrets unfold it is kind of silly to judge...

Silly or not, the point of EA is find out what impression the content makes on players. Just because they might stick the landing doesn't mean they can't improve their launch.

Ramien Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by voncastein
Could it be her memory suppression in order to keep her effective in accomplishing her mission? Wonder what was suppressed and hoping it's something big, like she's actually a selune cleric that's captured and brainwashed (like Luna). Have included a link below for those that are interested in Shar and Selune.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Church_of_Sel%C3%BBne

She remembers enough that she shows a lot of discomfort with the Selune statue in the Owlbear's cave, or entering the temple that the goblins are laired in. You'd think traveling with a bright shiny cleric would evoke similar attitude.

Ramien Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tuco
Can you guys stop it with the overdramatic titles and make it more clear upfront what the issue is?

That said, good feedback.
Given her behavior she should definitely react fiercely to a Selune cleric. Maybe even make it a complete no go (after all if the player itself is a cleric her utility would be questionable anyway).

Sorry for the vagueness, but I tend to dislike wordy titles, so try to post something fairly general then get into more detail in the post.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Speaking of owlbear cave. Anyone know how you can open the chest? I wanted to try and open it at camp due to night time but keep forgetting and cant open it during the day apparently

Ramien Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Speaking of owlbear cave. Anyone know how you can open the chest? I wanted to try and open it at camp due to night time but keep forgetting and cant open it during the day apparently

There's a prayer sheet on the floor behind the statue. Read it by the chest while it's still in the cave so you don't have to lug it around, and you'll get a blessing that lets you open it.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Are you sure about that one? Seems like a mistake, it's impossible really.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Gaidax

Are you sure about that one? Seems like a mistake, it's impossible really.

I'm going to have to do another playthrough at some point and see. I cannot be 100 certain at this point.
The only thing I am certain of is that she is of Creche K'liir, because I wrote that down on a notepad. LOL
I have 3 characters going and haven't finished a single playthrough yet. Soon as I finish one I will do another Githyanki and see what dialog options I get.
If it does pop-up, I will screenshot it. It could be that I got Selune from when I looked up K'liir on the wiki. :P

Ramien Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

I'm going to have to do another playthrough at some point and see. I cannot be 100 certain at this point.
The only thing I am certain of is that she is of Creche K'liir, because I wrote that down on a notepad. LOL
I have 3 characters going and haven't finished a single playthrough yet. Soon as I finish one I will do another Githyanki and see what dialog options I get.
If it does pop-up, I will screenshot it. It could be that I got Selune from when I looked up K'liir on the wiki. :P

A wiki search does show Creche K'liir is in the Tears of Selune, so I'm tempted to lean in that direction. Let us know what you find in the dialogue!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard