Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#691431 12/10/20 05:15 PM
Orbax Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
It was my first choice until I found out they looked like sullen teenagers. They are all ridiculous square heads. Makes them look dumb and peasant-like. Without playing one yet, I am guessing that the first quest is farming some mud and being oppressed by Sir Arthur, so you have to stand up to your constitutional rights and then you are directed to be all angsty and sullen for an indeterminate period of time while hoping that girl that you looked at once like for 2 seconds noticed how much you liked her.

All faces should have the standard range of elegant, refined, gritty, plain, beautiful, worn, etc...

Also, put the horns on the side of the head sometimes. I dont want to be a goat. I did science, people have found all sorts of ways to make them more pleasing to the eye.

Alright time for playthrough Part Deux, The Bleatening

-> Venture Forth

Edit: Pro-tip, making something all white or all black shouldnt make you lurch away from your computer. An albino tiefling looks like they walked off the set of White Chicks

Last edited by Orbax; 12/10/20 05:17 PM.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
Orbax #691971 12/10/20 08:25 PM
F
stranger
stranger
F
I made a forum account just to post something to this effect here instead of on the Steam forums because I dont think too meny devs look at steam when they have their own forums.

Im all about RPing either as a gigantic, hideous monster or super cutie for my RPG's and we get some nice middle of the road faces for the male charecters but nothing that really screams "Stay away, somethings not right" either because my guys a hiddeous brute or otherworldly good looking, ya know?
I totally get that its EA and JUST came out but im hoping they add a ton more faces in the future laugh

So far the only guy that looks really handsome is the High Half-elf in char-creator but id love to play as a Tiefling.
Im with you 100% on the horns, Orbax! Sometimes the side of the head can be pretty awesome, big bull horns or something haha

Orbax #692055 12/10/20 08:58 PM
U
apprentice
apprentice
U
OP, are you talking about male Tieflings? Because I made a female Tiefling and dare say, she's quite pretty imo.
I did make a male Tiefling for my first run as a "dream guy" and he was very, very acceptable. But more choices for faces certainly wouldn't hurt.

Orbax #692061 12/10/20 08:59 PM
veteran
veteran
What? No.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Usako #692089 12/10/20 09:10 PM
Orbax Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Usako
OP, are you talking about male Tieflings? Because I made a female Tiefling and dare say, she's quite pretty imo.
I did make a male Tiefling for my first run as a "dream guy" and he was very, very acceptable. But more choices for faces certainly wouldn't hurt.

Yeah the men. Im not asking for an incubus (but also, maybe like an incubus level handsome?) but if you look at someone like Asmodeus, he is described "Overall, he had charismatic and beautiful looks that captivated people." Tieflings described as alluring and charismatic. They are supposed to be literally otherworldly in their looks and devilish doesn't mean ugly. Some are from fiends - something that presents itself into the gehenna realm for yugoloths and stuff would be great, much more striking in their aggressive look. Now, some lineages are much diluted through time on the prime material with their breeding behaviors and have taken on more human characteristics. Something from captivatingly beautiful even for males to something thats uncannily human (which these seem to be closer to) so you can kind of pick your newness to the plane and your family tree kind of a thing.

I know its EA, but I like a lot of the other races, they are just blah for the male tieflings.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
Orbax #692150 12/10/20 09:29 PM
journeyman
journeyman
What we get now for tiefling males look ugly and goofy. If Larian wants less vault dwellers, we need more options.

Orbax #692208 12/10/20 09:46 PM
apprentice
apprentice
To be fair, I kept trying to make a Tiefling Warlock and eventually just gave up. I could not make a character that didn't offend my delicate sensibilities.
Then I remembered that Lightfoot Halflings have Halfling Luck, Stealth Proficiency and +1 Cha and opted for that instead.
Ended up making a pretty adorkable female halfling which resulted in me thinking...

[Linked Image]

Orbax Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by praxidicae
To be fair, I kept trying to make a Tiefling Warlock and eventually just gave up. I could not make a character that didn't offend my delicate sensibilities.
Then I remembered that Lightfoot Halflings have Halfling Luck, Stealth Proficiency and +1 Cha and opted for that instead.
Ended up making a pretty adorkable female halfling which resulted in me thinking...

[Linked Image]

Oh my...thats really good

Orbax #692324 12/10/20 10:36 PM
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
I think all of the heads need help. Everyone looks like a human wearing rubber ears. When I read that post about the average character looking like a "vault dweller" my response was to laugh. How could the average character /not/ look like an average human when all of the races look like humans?

Orbax #692485 12/10/20 11:53 PM
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Orbax
Also, put the horns on the side of the head sometimes. I dont want to be a goat. I did science, people have found all sorts of ways to make them more pleasing to the eye.

This guy knows rule 34.

Orbax Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by TravelingBuddha
Originally Posted by Orbax

This guy knows rule 34.

Hey, I was in Private browsing, you aren't supposed to know that.

Link Copied to Clipboard