Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
stranger
stranger
T
- Variant Humans.
- Selectable alignment that effects gameplay.
- Crit fails and crit successes for skill checks, they make PnP a lot more interesting.
- Full PHB/Volo/SCAG/Xanathars/Mordenkainen races/subraces/subsclasses/spells/etc.
- Artificer and updated Warforged.
- Probably other stuff but can't remember.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Here's a +1 for Xanathar/Tasha/Sword Coast subclass options. Of course, let's focus on getting the rest of the PHB implemented first. But I really do hope they don't stop there. Too many great and interesting options in the additional sourcebooks to skip if you ask me.

T
addict
addict
T
Yuan-Ti (though I know that's a long-shot)

stranger
stranger
Some of what I want is already in the works I've heard, such as more companion interactions/interruptions in dialog convos, more companions overall. Im really enjoying the EA so fair, thought im probably a biased sort having being a fan and repeat player of BG1&2 for 20 years and a fan of the DOS series as well.

I think they confirmed more companions, but I can't remember if they were known for classes. Ideally one for each main 5e class,, but if not I would particularly I'd like Bard, a Ranger and a Druid. At least one I would really like to be a romancing gnome. I feel like they never get the love....

Other notes:
- passive skill checks that aren't shown to the player (i don't want to know if I missed something, makes for more fun in replays imho). I would think its really interesting if you pass by something with one character who likely would notice an arcane sign, but with a differet party set up, maybe its a nature check and a carcter points out a specific plant that is growing there that us useful/valuable. Note the message message in the log window saying you passed a check should include a description of what was noticed in there.

- more 'little' moments with companions, both as PC and between them. I suspect this is something Larian has planned,but still want to list it. More comments about the world, to each other, etc

- inn/taverns. When we get out of the "woods", I'd like the option to have "camp" activities in a inn or tavern. My fancy self wants real beds for me characters.

- tie environment effects to the ground type: eg, if i cast fire ball on a stone surface, I don't expect it to hang around. It can even be scaled like: fireball ground effects last x rounds based on: water(0), stone(0), dirt/grass(1), wood (2), grease (3), etc. I love environment effects, but I want it to feel more engaging than just burn everything for ever.

-duergar sub race for dwarves. Human Culture "subgroups". There are a lot of fun human culturalgroups in Faerun and I'd love to be able to select some in place of a "subrace" for humans.

- group player size at 5 not 4. Just allows a bit more freedom.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Apart from most of the above(6 person party,its Baldurs Gate not DoS3) my biggest wish is for this not to be true
"Is your party permanent or can you change members out throughout the adventure?
Recruited companions will be at camp when not in the adventuring party, and can be swapped in and out at camp. After the first act however you are going to have to commit, also just like in real life."
Taken straight from the help section of launcher. Nothing can be more gamebreaking for me than this shit.

stranger
stranger
*More character creation options. Scars, better tattoos, etc.
*Better representation of modifiers when roll happens.
*Group stealth and jump.
*Better idea of when I absolutely need to long rest. I think I'm going way too long between them and I'm missing stuff at the camp. How long are days here? I'm really confused about the passage of time.
*More than one Short rest.
*Less corny reactions from my Lolth sworn Drow Warlock. Maybe my extremely dangerous character shouldn't fall on his butt at the beginning of the game. It kind of takes me out of the cinematic.

T
addict
addict
T
Oh! For tieflings....you have hornless...but can you have one with a broken horn (left or right?) I have a character named Shard whose defining physical characteristic is that one of her horns is broken from a past battle.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Remove the % chance of hitting.
Also being able to see the enemies’ stats.

You can’t do either of those things in 5e... I’m finding that I’m choosing my spells/attacks rather than what I think would be best.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
My wishlist:

1. Minsc & Boo
2. Bring in all of the core playable races. Gnome. Dragonborn. Half-orc.
3. Some of the Volo's races would be cool. I'd love to play a tabaxi (or encounter one as a companion).
4. Jaheira yelling "For the Fallen"
5. More race/culture based dialogue options. Playing a Gith for example should be a totally different experience. Also, my Zariel tiefling should have more investment in the whole Elturel/Avernus/Refugee thing that is going on.
6. Round out the classes. Bards. Barbarians. Sorcerers. PALADINS. Druids. Monks. Honestly could care less about things like artificers - but I'm sure someone does, so include those as well. I am looking forward to DIVINE SMITE.

Thank you.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Bard
Paladin
Hexblade warlock

Last edited by Creslin321; 12/10/20 06:37 PM.
stranger
stranger
1. Younger looking human male faces (find it funny that DOS2 has these but not this game)
2. Removing disengage from jump and making it its own bonus action (getting tired of having my fighter having to avoid attacks of opportunity by bunnyhopping all over the battlefield)
3. Body and height options, more facial customization options like scarring
4. Being able to use weapon actions more than once per rest (was this even a rule in 5e? I don't seem to recall this being a thing in the PHB so someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
5. Removing surface effects from cantrip spells
6. Having party members join in during conversation skill checks and rolls (like in Wasteland 3 where the skill check is done by the party member with the highest points in said skill)

addict
addict
Hello Babel_Lioncloak,

To answer your question about weapon special actions : no they do not exist in 5e, but I do find them fun and well done.

As to whether it should be once per combat or once per Short Rest would depend on playtesting to see if it hurts the game balance or not.

Last edited by Baraz; 12/10/20 08:16 PM.
addict
addict
5-6 party nighmare difficultys so good!

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
QoL
-Shortcut to link and unlink party member all at once.
-Improved Jump pathing (if I go from a legal jump to an illegal jump I should be able to move the cursor slightly back and have it be legal again)
-Group jump (tired of making them jump one at a time)
-Group stealth (same as above)

Game feature
-Hexblade Warlock
-Aasimars
-Warcaster feat

M
stranger
stranger
M
Fix all the wizard spells (I hate the cantrips in their current implementation)
Add all the spells available from the PHB, SCAG, PotA at least...Xanathar's would be sweet too. (why are key spells just not there....Spiritual Weapon for example).
More races especially: Dragonborn, Gnomes, Half-Orcs
All the classes and sub-classes from the PHB, some select choices from other books, including sub-class options.
Better companion options/fixes to the beast master and also to the familiars (if they're going to level up with you, give them some form of benefit)

addict
addict
Originally Posted by BROttorney
QoL
-Shortcut to link and unlink party member all at once.
-Improved Jump pathing (if I go from a legal jump to an illegal jump I should be able to move the cursor slightly back and have it be legal again)
-Group jump (tired of making them jump one at a time)
-Group stealth (same as above)

(...)

Excellent wishlist : these would greatly improve the playability. QoL often sounds of less importance, but it impacts the fun players are having !

Last edited by Baraz; 13/10/20 04:27 PM.
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
I'll add another one just for the EA: indicators on quests that cannot be completed in the EA. I had to read online about where exactly the endpoint for some of the quests is because they stay in your journal and there's no indication you cannot complete them.

P
P
I'm going to leave out UI improvements because I assume they're given.

I'd REALLY like the option for a 5 player party.

I would love to see all of the PHB and Xanathar's classes and subclasses implemented. Heck, I'd be perfectly fine with the PHB options now and the Xanthar's ones added in a $60 expansion later. Spells and feats from Xanathar's, too.

Speaking of Xanathar's, the Tool Proficiencies chapter is nice and elegant and it'd be cool to see that implemented. The game seems full of tools that don't do anything right now, anyway, so, maybe?

I'd also like to see more weapons with more differentiation. (See thread on longbow vs short bow range.) This could be just more fun magic weapons, but maybe also use the optional "speed factor" rules in the DMG.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by tPat
- Variant Humans.
- Selectable alignment that effects gameplay.
- Crit fails and crit successes for skill checks, they make PnP a lot more interesting.
- Full PHB/Volo/SCAG/Xanathars/Mordenkainen races/subraces/subsclasses/spells/etc.
- Artificer and updated Warforged.
- Probably other stuff but can't remember.

Agree mostly. But not for the skill checks. In 5e skill checks do not auto succed on 20 and auto fail on a 1. Attacks however do work like that.

veteran
veteran
My wish list :

- increased party size (5 is good,6 is better)
- less surfaces because I'd like this mecanic to be special, not usual (in every combat against every weak ennemies)
- improved UI so it looks less like DoS and/or more like a new gen BG (books, minimap, portrait, fast travel, character sheet,...)
- PHB classes and subclasses
- rework of the jump mecanic (exploit during combat, unfriendly during exploration)
- remove the chain mecanics and find something better
- more companions
- better reaction so we can really choose when to use them
- a better balance between combat/rest/spellslot/... (the fact that resting is too easy and too usual beteween 1 or 2 combat - add one more companion without any other changes could probably solve everything)
- real villages, inn and life in the world, but we only experienced act 1
- more magical items, because you only find items for a few specific classes/builds atm during act 1 (with a good balance because this shouldn't become "normal items"... I would love to find more magical items and less surfaces arrows/potions, spell items and being able to "dip" everything...)
- more epic music, especially during combats.
- the ability to roll caracteristic while creating my characters and/or the removal of the actual limitations (why can't I put 18 points atm or less than 8 ???)

Now what won't happen :
- D/N cycle with meteo effects/sounds
- RTWP option^^ (that was a sweet taunt, please don't react)

Last edited by Maximuuus; 13/10/20 06:19 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard