Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#691626 12/10/20 06:19 PM
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
So we know that canonically, Minsc is still alive (has been magicked back to life). Jaheira is likely still alive. Viconia. Aerie. Etc.

Where are these iconic characters??!

Would you have liked to run into all of them in Act one while you're in the middle of no where?

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by dreambled
Would you have liked to run into all of them in Act one while you're in the middle of no where?

Yes. All at once!

apprentice
apprentice
And have them curb stomp you like they did Drizzt that one time...

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Seriously though - all I want is some confirmation from Larian that one or more of them will show up at some point. I have a feeling they're going to keep it close for now though. Kind of like we know that Ahsoka is going to show up in Mando S2 but the powers that be are dangling it like a carrot in front of us with no actual confirmation. biggrin

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Koshea
And have them curb stomp you like they did Drizzt that one time...
They need to bring in the Companions of the Hall just so I can take their stuff. Agreed wholeheartedly!

journeyman
journeyman
Jaheira's a half elf, so she may not be around any longer. Viconia died if the PC romanced her. Minsc and Boo have been teased, but depending on how canon the comics are, they might still be a statue in the middle of Baldur's Gate until something brings them back.

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
I'm seeing 180 years average lifespan for half-elves in 5e. Not sure how old Jaheira was at the end of BG2. Viconia - could go either way you are right. As for the comics - am fairly sure they are canon? Here's hoping anyway. Slight spoiler - I did find one reference to them in EA, but that's it. There were some other elf and dwarf characters from BG1 & 2 (and a gnome or two) that I wasn't nearly as invested in - but I'd imagine they might still be around as well.

A dataminer confirmed that Minsc seems to be in the game, coded as a companion.

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Synaryn
And I am now giddy as a schoolgirl. Thank you for this.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Synaryn

I read that one too... Minsc also was a reoccurring character in some recent Forgotten Realms pnp material.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TrollishMcTroll
So we know that canonically, Minsc is still alive (has been magicked back to life).

Would you link reference to that?
Sound more like another wiki-fan-nonsense to me...

D
old hand
old hand
D
Honestly id prefer if they stuck to their own characters....

It takes place 100 years after bg2 I think I read so all the elven, half-even dwarven etc characters COULD still be around but given how nostalgia works I think they would need to do a very insanely good job or risk alienating alot of people.

I honestly see more harm coming from it then good.

Eh I am probably the only one who doesn't want to see them. I love them to bits, but i'd rather not have too much exposition on what happened to my Bhaalspawn and the old companions are dangerously close to that.

"There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed." - Tamoko
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Demoulius

It takes place 100 years after bg2 I think I read so all the elven

It's closer to two hundred years actually. Original BG trilogy takes places very shortly after Time of Troubles. Which ended in 1358. And current year is 1495.

Last edited by Redwyrm; 12/10/20 08:02 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Arideya
Eh I am probably the only one who doesn't want to see them. I love them to bits, but i'd rather not have too much exposition on what happened to my Bhaalspawn and the old companions are dangerously close to that.

You surely not the only one.
Altering story and lore just to bring back someone favorite character is very cheap move, which surely goes against immersion. Minsc were a simple human mortal, and by all accounts he simply should be long dead.

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Redwyrm
Originally Posted by TrollishMcTroll
So we know that canonically, Minsc is still alive (has been magicked back to life).

Would you link reference to that?
Sound more like another wiki-fan-nonsense to me...

Here you go - official WotC

Misc and Boo LIVE!

Minsc and Boo are the first ones to die should I encounter them. They annoy me so much ><

veteran
veteran

I'm of two minds about this.
On one hand, I never was crazily in love with the companions in BG2. They served their purpose, they were just likeable enough and more "interactive" than most of the companions in smiliar RPGs of the past, but I don't remember any of them with particular intense love, I was never in awe with their writing nor I care about the franchise because of them.
On the other hand, I'd be pretty damn curious to see to what degree Larian would nail (or fail badly) a "reimagining" of some of them.

I don't care about having them playable, anyway.

Last edited by Tuco; 12/10/20 08:21 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Redwyrm

You surely not the only one.
Altering story and lore just to bring back someone favorite character is very cheap move, which surely goes against immersion. Minsc were a simple human mortal, and by all accounts he simply should be long dead.

You are not the only one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard