Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I've seen various mentions of this in different places, but no solid resolution; I have downloaded and installed this from scratch a couple of times now, and every time I try to launch the definitive edition the game crashes on launch. If I load classic however, the game launches fine.

I have had one playthrough before - it used to work fine!! Nothing has changed on my end since I last played it, ye the game wont launch properly now.

I wanted to do a new play-through and really don't want to play classic.

How can I resolve this issue?

Here is the latest Crash Dump that the game spews out when it fails to launch...hopefully it means something to someone:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6q67w7rvwkylc7/CrashDump%20-%2010-11-2020%2008h%2012m%2012s.dmp?dl=0

Completely unmodded and fresh install.

Ryzen 5 1600
RtX 2600
16gb ram
All drivers up to date

Support
Support

The crash for that CrashDump file is happening in the dxgi.dll file.
This is probably related to the program GeDoSaTo, as the C:\GeDoSaTo64\pack\GeDoSaTo64.dll is being accessed and this is a known conflict, and can cause crashes in that DirectX dll.
Try zipping the 'GeDoSaTo64' folder, delete the folder, reboot and try the game again. A couple of people reported a conflict with GeDoSaTo64.dll, and/or the shim64.dll file in the same folder, even if the program was not running, or uninstalled but the files still in the folder.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I really appreciate your help - this has fixed the issue for me and solved many hours of torment.

If only I could get past the magic frog in baldur's gate so easily...

Thank you again for taking the time to look into this issue and solving my problem.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard