Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
One of the traders has a ring called the "Sunwalker's Gift". The description says that its jewel "parts all but the darkest of shadows". I expected this to be a light source when worn, but it doesn't seem to do anything. It also doesn't seem to grant the Light cantrip or anything else. Am I missing something, or is this ring just not functional?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Still doesn't work, wasted 1650 gold thinking my main human warrior would see better... sigh, nope.

I have played online games since 1991 when Never Winter Nights was released on AOL... I KNOW my games... and I have known many many games since. So don't question my gaming experience it's longer then most of you have been alive.
veteran
veteran
That was something mentioned in the patch notes -- unfortunately it's easy to miss with the bad audio.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
It's supposed to remove Disadvantage for attacking something that you cannot see well (poor lighting). Which would be useful for the human members of the party, but I haven't tested it yet.

journeyman
journeyman
In general, visibility, shadows, etc. still seem very buggy. Search around, you'll find a fair amount of discussion about that.

veteran
veteran
The ring works just fine already - it's always worked properly in my play-throughs at least. What it doesn't do is tell you anything at all about what it's doing - there's no indication that it's working unless you know what to look for.

What I found was that when my halfling character (no darkvision) was wearing the ring, she would never have disadvantage to attack her targets, despite a lack of light. When removing it, the disadvantage would return. Characters with darkvision didn't appear to gain any benefit. It doesn't visibly grant you darkvision, but it seems to have the effect of doing so in terms of targeting enemies, currently.

H
stranger
stranger
H
With Patch 4, the ring works properly, Gale sees as if he has Darkvision with it equipped, and does not get disadvantage.

Link Copied to Clipboard