Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Wyll's devil's sight isn't showing up, he can't see in the dark.

Should give him something better than darkvision: https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/status/957029089465921536

D
stranger
stranger
D
Yea, i have experienced the same thing. when i cast darckness, he still gets blinded after he casts derckness and stands in it, even though i selected "Devil's Sight".

W
stranger
stranger
W
I've noticed this as well, it also doesn't work with my custom warlock characters, either.

N
stranger
stranger
N
It seems that the Devil's Sight "buff" is not applied to the character when you choose the invocation at level up.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Figured I would further confirm this... I made a warlock and took devil's sight. It did not apply the buff correctly and I get blinded by darkness. I also think it's strange that the invocations you select aren't listed on your character sheet.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I have tested this on multiple characters. Devil Sight does indeed not get attributed to the character when taken at level 2. At first i thought it might be a Tiefling(character with Darkvision) problem and the game being unable to overwrite the Darkvision attribute. I have also tried to replicate this with both Drow and Halfling. I used Drow due to their Superior Darkvision and with a Halfling due to having normal vision. Both characters had 0 change happen to them after taking Devil's sight.All 3 characters were unable to see inside of Darkness even though they should. And the Halfling couldn't see normally in non magical darkness either, my Halfling still had normal vision while going around in the Chapel which as very low to no light.

Link Copied to Clipboard