Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 41 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 40 41
H
stranger
stranger
H
-Books could use a bit more written in them.

-Give ropes purpose. We can climb ledges and jump across gaps, so why not use rope? Add gaps that require rope, or climbs that require rope. Do something with rope.

-I'd like more camera control. Currently, if I want to look more "ahead" of my character, I have to zoom in to gain that angle. If I want to look more "down" on my characters, I have to zoom out to achieve that angle. It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice. Untie the vertical camera control from zooming in and out.

-Camera in general-- I found that things would block my view too often. Things that I feel should have "dissolved" out of the way to offer a clearer view. Camera often became especially burdensome when trying to see things at/from, different heights/levels.

-Pathing needs some work. When my rogue is on the roof, standing 2 feet from an unblocked ladder, I want my rogue to use the ladder when I click on the ground instead of jumping off the roof, landing on a vendor and hurting myself and going prone and starting combat with people I had no intention of starting combat with yet.

-Pathing/positioning related-- I feel like characters should be able to get closer to objects and edges. Ie. Be able to move around in more of the visible map. It's a minor issue, perhaps, but I often wanted characters to be able to get closer to a wall, or closer to an edge, or closer to another character, or outright be able to jump onto more spots that seemed plenty big enough to position a character instead of them just being blocked for 'reasons'.

-Probably just pathing related-- I found I often couldn't pivot around an enemy while staying within reach without provoking an AoO. Sometimes I just want to threaten more than 1 enemy, and want to pivot around the nearest enemy to a position where I can threaten 2 enemies instead of one. Like, the pathing would always make them step *just* out of reach even if there were no obstructions, provoking an AoO. Tried moving them in small increments, but it seemed like I often couldn't prevent them from just stepping out of reach/into an AoO. I've used jumping/disengage to reposition too, but the landing zones sometimes require too big of a clear area for it to allow a jump IMHO.

-Line of sight and obstructions. I feel like these are a bit too loose. I couldn't count the amount of times I had to go "wtf? How did that shot have anything even remotely close to resembling a path to its target?"

-Some enemies seem too smart. Just finding ways from the very first turn to get past the front line and fight the squishies. Yes, of course you'd want to kill the squishies first, but I feel like some enemies shouldn't be that smart.

-Character selection felt clunky. I noticed sometimes I'd want to quickly select another character and click on their portrait only for nothing to happen. Then i'd click again and it would select. Just felt like it slowed things down a bit. Didn't feel fluid. Also, locking/tethering characters to others and unlocking/untethering them felt sort of clunky at times.

-I wish the camp feature made more sense. I get that it's a gathering place for party members and benched party members to interact a bit, and will probably play a bigger role later, but when I'm in a dungeon and camp and i'm suddenly out in a forest, it's a little immersion breaking. I really like the way Pathfinder: Kingmaker did camping, where you had to place down a little camp wherever you were. You could pick for how long. There were things to do (cook, etc.) There were chances you'd get ambushed in the night (something I didn't see in BG3), and could mitigate that risk by using characters well versed in it to camoflage the camp, or by placing certain characters better suited to it on watch duty. Having certain characters better suited to it cook for better bonuses or whatnot, and a bit of interaction happened.

-And finally, tone down surface effects. Also, if cantrips causing surface effects just plain isn't something that is going to be brought in line with 5e core rules, at least tweak how it works somehow. I like a smart/well played surface effect maneuver from time to time, but having them thrust upon me at the rate they were in current EA content got a bit tiresome.

All in all, I had fun. I want more, and I want it now. But please do consider some of the changes and tweaks people have been bringing up. I suspect it'll be a pretty fantastic game when it's done, and I can't wait.

Last edited by HsOhLiYt; 12/10/20 11:28 PM.
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Crossbows allow for more than one attack per turn. (according to D&D rules this is a reload weapon, and you can only attack once per turn with it no matter how many attacks you have).

Action Surge only allow fighter of level 5+ to attack once instead of the amount of attacks they are allowed per action according to their level.

(Noticed it at the fight with the Githyanki patrol).

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Cantrip damage like acid shouldn't cause -2AC if it's not in the rulebook; Fire Bolt should not leave a fiery area with nothing to set on fire, Ray of Frost should only freeze the ground when there's liquid on it, etc. -- maybe rein in surface effects in general (debate)

I prefer the surface system for what it's worth. Right now they have some utility for setting up chain reactions with a well placed web or barrel, while with the Rules As Written (RAW) it's pretty much 'pick damage type' for a ranged attack.

1: I would like to use the right click context menu on party members to apply buffs to them and use the context menu to use offensive skills/magic on enemys. The right click one, instead to be force ´d to go in the UI and select the skill by mouse or memorize the hotkey it got assigned and what skill is related to said hot key.

2: If number one is not possible please add a option to clear all skills items from the action bar as it gets very fast very full with items you pick up and skills scrolls and magic and its getting chaotic. A quick and konnivent way to clear it and rearrange it would be nice. Like maybe I dont know make it register that there is free spot in action bar and left clicking it you get the option to add a skill or spell or inventory item in that spot. (Maybe be little deviants and make the action bar size depending on the intelligence of the character. Higher intelligence more stuff he remembers can put there down.)

3: Books or just parchment rolls or single page letters all use the book background graphic, please make it like with corpses where a skeleton just has white bones, a cadaver flesh and bones when you loot them. The attention to detail is nice and the book/single page just brakes the immersion, you did go all the way to make a difference with dead body's to loot please continue this.

4: Bigger party 6 members.

5: More Party members.

6: severe lack of Paladins :-( in EA and real life.

7: Sever lack of magical shields in EA.

8: Sever lack of magical one handed long swords :-( in EA.

9: Extreme lack of plate armor or any decent heavy armor not to mention magical ones in EA!

10: Day night cycle with day night related encounters.

11: Remove fast travel and quick travel , this is not Skyrim and the travelled way is the destination. This is not a race who gets to finish line first. Add encounters, ambushes, party conversation, banter to the whole thing even more when you have to back track. The map is not super huge that such a system is needed.

12: On the choosing starting gear, make the gear we get on the start of the game depedning on feats class and skills we choose.

13: Related to Nr: 12 A New game + option, once we have reached our final destination adn the BG3 is over we get the option to go again but with more character options, maybe some hidden skills and or gear, Kind of create a pre game shop keeper and instead of gold let use points that we have collected in our first playthrou to "Invest" them in skills and gear for the NG+ game.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
Cantrip damage like acid shouldn't cause -2AC if it's not in the rulebook; Fire Bolt should not leave a fiery area with nothing to set on fire, Ray of Frost should only freeze the ground when there's liquid on it, etc. -- maybe rein in surface effects in general (debate)

I prefer the surface system for what it's worth. Right now they have some utility for setting up chain reactions with a well placed web or barrel, while with the Rules As Written (RAW) it's pretty much 'pick damage type' for a ranged attack.

I like the surface effects to an extent, but they need to be toned down. The big 3 are acid should not cause -2 AC, that is a huge deal because not only do you cause damaged with the attack you also make it easier for any follow up attacks to hit them. Pretty sure the big pull of Acid Splash was that it was a cantrip that could target 2 enemies, while all the others could only target one at a time, so buffing it by not only making it just a full on AoE attack that also reduces AC is insane.

For the Firebolt cantrip, they need to remove the ground surface it creates and cause burning damage to only apply at the start of the burned characters turn, that would bring it down to a much more manageable cantrip and not one that deals considerably more damage than it's RAW counterpart.

For the Ray of Frost cantrip they need to remove it's ability to knock enemies prone just from the attack itself, it dealing damage and slowing the enemy is enough already so knocking them prone is pretty overkill. Also, might consider removing the surface effect from this one as well, since while it is just a small area unless it's used on a large amount of freezable liquid it can still cause enemies to fall prone from just taking a single step, which is pretty significant. It already has a chance to take away 10ft of their movement range, then making a rough terrain under them that removes a little extra movement plus having the chance to knock them prone which uses half your movement to stand back up is just nuts.

Surface effects can be fun and add to the strategy of the gameplay, but they're currently overdone. Not every single cantrip or spell should cause a surface effect. Higher level spells like fireball or wall of fire creating fire surfaces is fine, they're higher level spells and much more powerful than a cantrip, so leaving behind some small areas of fire on the ground would really give them a feeling of power, meanwhile firebolt is just some small starter cantrip that can be used an unlimited amount of times, yet it sets stone floors on fire? If you want to make a fire surface with a fire cantrip, at least make it require some preparation like tossing out some oil or grease to ignite first, then higher level spells like fireball can leave small (I do mean small, not a ton of fire in the entire area) patches of fire behind to give it that extra oomph that makes you feel like a powerful wizard who just conjured a great spell.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
I'm also gonna toss in with what I've seen in a few other posts around the forum: please let us choose our starting gear. That's part of creating your character in 5e, so let us do it in BG3 as well.

S
stranger
stranger
S
List IV:
- There should be a way to intentionally stop a concentration spell, such as fog cloud, without having to cast another concentration spell.
- There needs to be a better explanation of the rules. I can imagine someone who doesn't know the 5e rulebook failing to get through the "tutorial" portion of the game.
- If your party is already full and you ask another character to join, you should have the option to remove someone there and then. I shouldn't have to go to camp and ask someone to leave first.

C
C
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753

Enjoy playing a wizard with concentration spells when too many things get surfaces they do not deserve

D
stranger
stranger
D
QoL: Letting the player cast spells at higher levels by right clicking the icon on the hotbar, rather than needing multiple instances of the icon on their hotbar.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I have a small list of things I feel were overlooked or maybe not mentioned, although I didn't comb over this entire thread so i'd like to share my thoughts!

-We should be allowed to make perception checks on chests and doors actively to check if they are trapped.

-Some sort of check should be required to see the information provided by "examining" depending on the roll(anything you could glean more info on, monster knowledge or noticing weaknesses) it would reveal varying levels of information. As it stands we can see too much information for free. (Mostly referring to enemies here)

-AI should be changed for enemies that are less intelligent unless they are being led by a more intelligent being. Goblins and various more simple creatures tend to know how to strategize perfectly.

-It goes without saying but I really am praying we get alot more subclasses! I want to play a Wildfire Druid!

-Resting needs more work. Shouldn't be able to magically pop in and out of dungeons at the press of a button. Also more short rests should be available, perhaps on a cooldown inbetween. Max of 2 or 3 per day?

-Wizards should not be able to learn majority of the cleric spells. (Which also ties into there being way to many scrolls in the world, they should feel substantially more rare than they currently are.)
-Additionally Wizards should need to take time to learn from a scroll. Just let us do more things within the camp like taking time to prepare spells and learning them.

-There should be a popup menu to let you cast spells at a higher level instead of congesting your bar with spells at all levels. (It will be hell when we start getting into the 4th level not to mention up to 9th later on)

-I'm a bit conflicted on this one but I think shove should be an action. Yet it seems to only work if you have a high strength or the creature doesn't notice you.

-Maybe when creeping up in CLOSE proximity to enemies a single stealth check is made to determine if the being can hear or notice you despite being behind them.
-I know it's been said but hide should not be a bonus action unless you are a rogue!

-One big issue that I feel is way too powerful is when you're playing separate characters that are not linked. I would position other characters for some encounters to ambush stealthily. The reason it is powerful is that when a fight breaks out the characters have FREE ROAM to move however they want and I can literally just sit on my turn until I have them setup perfectly. The solution to this is that the entire party should be forced into a turn based mode within a bigger combat vicinity to better represent the stretched out seconds in combat. Since combat sequences in DnD are stretched where one turn is 6 seconds. Maybe have a sound queue or just able to hear attacks and actions being made as you get closer to indicate when separate party members are nearing the combat radius to force turn based mode.

-After combat your camera should automatically snap to your main character.

-The UI for party members need to be placed better(especially when you have temporary allies playing in a 4man multiplayer session) The icons congest and actually block your attack actions.

That's all I can think of currently, thanks for the read, hope it makes the list!

P
stranger
stranger
P
I have a few suggestions ! And some fun things

I’ve read around that there will be vampiric charters which is neat and spiffy ! However when full game releases I feel like that should be an option in charter creation to choose wether or not you’re a vampire

Perhaps add more charters for same sex relation ships or make the dialogue more interesting

Custom armor crafting would be fun !

I’ve only recently been playing the early access on steam since yesterday though so maybe all these things are already there but just a suggestion for the devs take it how you will 😄😄😄

Regarding the character creator. I would love for there to be a height/weight slider as well. (Within the limitations of your selected race of course)

apprentice
apprentice
I just finished the EA, man - what a journey that was - here's my list of suggestions (from what I can remember, anyway).

1. Item enchantment/crafting - I know you guys said you're working on it, one of the biggest drawbacks to many D&D Video Games is that they lack the robust crafting and enchantment systems that the rules allow, this makes it so finding effective and enjoyable weapons/amor in the style or type you enjoy is exceedingly difficult. It's fun to have some rare/unique weapons, but if I want to play a rogue who's dual-wielding sickles or maining a whip, that should be something I can do effectively, without being relegated to using "that one +1 whip i found at level 3".

2. More clothing options - As a warlock, I hated that i had to wear robes constantly, I'd love to wear nobles or commoners clothing, hell - even rags would be fun if my character's impoverished.

3. More companions - They do not have to be Origin options, but more companions with background and side-quests would be nice - so far the existing companions (save Gale and Wyll) all seem to be assholes.

4. Crit failures are important, currently when you critically fail (at anything) it's no different than a regular failure - I think there should be interesting effects on a critical fail, maybe I accidentally hit a nearby enemy instead, or I slip during the attack and fall prone. They don't all have to be painful to the character, but at least add something to differentiate them.

5. Give me an option to hide the results of my passive rolls, such as when a roll is automatically attempted during conversation, or a perception check is made - knowing that I failed gives me more information than I should have, also - when choosing dialogue options for a KNOWLEDGE roll, I should not be able to see the response my character will give.

6. Warn the players if they're about to go somewhere that is too dangerous for their level (I'm looking at you, phase spider queen) - have one of the followers say something about how dangerous that area is, and that they're not sure we should proceed - make a whole dialogue interaction about it!

7. "fast hands" is currently granting rogues an extra bonus action, this is allowing them to make two offhand attacks with TWF, which is a little unbalanced, also - the offhand attack from TWF seems to be applying the ability modifier to the damage, according to RAW, it shouldnt (You don't add your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus attack, unless that modifier is negative.)

8. On the topic of rogues, thieves tools should not break if you fail to pick a lock, the lock should either allow only a certain # of attempts, or the lock should break. Failing that, thieves tools should absolutely not weight 2lb each.

9. Also, rogue sneak attack damage does not appear to be scaling properly, at level 4 it should be 2d6, but in the current EA, it's stays at 1d6.

10. The section on the right where the "reactions" are located should hold ONLY reactions, stuff like the Great Weapon Master: All In should have their own section for toggling on/off, or just make them abilities as you did with sneak attack.

11. Reactions: We should have the Ready Action available as a reaction, maybe allow us to specify the condition (Specific enemy moves, casts, or attacks, ect) and it just behaves as an "overwatch" type of situation for whatever type you want to take, movement, attack, or spell cast (spell casting should require concentration, as indicated in the RAW).

12. Record the books we've read in the journal or log or something, I don't want to have to fish through my inventory looking for a book I may have forgotten to pick up in the first place (I'm looking at you, stupid temple puzzle) - but moreover, it would be nice to sit back and read the books at a convenient time, not when i'm in the middle of completing a quest.

13. Better inventory management - This engine has come quite a ways since Original Sin, but the inventory management still needs a bit of work - simple stuff like a keyring, and the afformentioned book storage would go a long way towards improving this, but also - allow us to filter by rarity, and give us a search option, if i'm looking for a specific item, I don't want to have to fish through four inventories to find it, just let me type the name in the box, and either hide or dim out all options except the ones that match the search.

14. Please, for the love of all that is holy - give us keyboard shortcuts for the bonus actions and actions we can take in combat - having to click that button every time is excruciatingly frustrating.

15. Give us information on more topics about the game world, not everyone is a master of DND lore, if my character hears about a diety, such as Selune, I should be able to easily find that information, give us a codex with common information about all of these topics, supplemented by an automatic one-time roll that adds whatever knowledge our collective party has on the topic.

That's all for now, I'll have more on my next playthrough.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Harley991
WOW, What a rush.
I have a whole list of bugs and things that are broken, But it seems like most of it is intentional. Like when the goblin "novice Bal used arrow of roaring thunder to resurect "novice puce". or when puce threw a grease potion that exploded like a alchemist fire for twice the size as normal. I also like how the gobbies can walk thru fire and acid without taking dmg or even making a save. Oh, and my favorite, when I cast burning hands the dmg hits the caster too, gotta love that one. And whatswith the necro dmg from dead ppl, do they really start smelling that bad right away? If you cant rez from far away your screwed. and mirror image doesn't work right, when an ogre mage (if you can believe that there can actually be such a thing) cast mirror image on himself, I was still able to hit him when each hit should have negated 1 image, and when he casted fire bolt on my wiz he casted 3 fire bolts and lost 2 images of the 3 he had. btw, its 1d4 images as I remember. at lvl 4 my wiz finally got a light spell (cantrip), But I dont think he is supposed to be able to learn cleric spells. But dont you dare take silence away from him now that he has it memmed. Pretty sure magic missle is wrong too, he should get 1 missle at lvl 1 and 1 more per every other lvl. But at least you got the gauranteedhit right,:-).

A few things I would like to have:
1. a hotkey for rotate camera, so I can run and steer the camera at same time.
2. please include the weapon crit range in the description, and please tell me scimitar still has 17- 20 crit range, and a heavy pick still does X4 on crit.
3. can I please have a flint and steel kit to light my torches.
4. and please allow me to carry my dead to camp so I can pay the zombie 200 gold to rez them.
5. Oh, and if your going to roll almost max dmg for your hits against me and roll almost minimum dmg for my dmg rolls, can I please have a trophy when I kick your butt anyway.

P.S. your gonna wanna send word to the goblin king to send reinforcements, I built a pyre he should be able to see with the last group. (-:

P.S.S Oh yeah, and my attack rolls have more 1's than your code, Hahahahahaha

Mirror image seemed fine to me, in 5e it's 3 images, not 1d4 images, and the images only dissapear if they get hit, a die is rolled to determine if you hit the caster, or the images (which results in a miss) - so basically, they only remove the image if you miss them.

You can use the middle mouse button to rotate camera, I am successfully able to rotate the camera while moving.

S
stranger
stranger
S
A few points after investing a few hours in the game. Note: i am aware its early acces so see the minuses given an positive feedback smile

Dialogue:
1. The Camera angles are off some times in dialogues, going right in a wall sometimes.
2. Sometimes the dialogue starts but the mouths of the characters arnt moving.
3. The main player characters animation seems a bit stiff in dialogue, dont know how to better explain it. but it seems a bit unnatural.
4. No player voices during dialogue (will this be added in full release?
5. The persuasion dice rolls seem to be really tough, i was using a warlock with 18 points in cha en focus on persuasion and i was still failing more than 50%, it seems a bit overly harsh in my opinion.

Misc.
1. Some death animations are off, and produce artifacts.
2. A lot of dice rolls seem te be below 10, i know its 50% chance but it feels a lot lower. Might be just bad luck on my side.
3. Party size of 4 feels too limited, 5 or 6 would be preferred, I played as as a warlock, so i would have do ditch a wizard straight away in order to keep the rogue.
4. Weapon types are not explained properly, crit ranges and such.
5. I highly dislike the inventory system, why use 2 pages when you can fit it all in 1, and keep a good overview at the same time. Divinitys system was better.
6. The looting of corpses could be improved, such as an auto loot function for all corpes in the area. (Such as Wasteland 3 or Pathfinder kingmaker)
7. The resting option seems a bit off, if you push the rest button in a dungeon you still end up at a forest, maybe a change of resting scenery would be nice smile
8. Able to replace a party member if the party is full in dialoge instead of the camp would be nice (as mentioned above here as well)
9. Some pathing issues seem a bit off, for instance i could not enter the side building at the burning house of the duke, but i could jump there.

And there are probably some more things i missed, but nice game so far smile

EDIT:

10. It would be nice to be able to integrate spells such as read thoughts and friends in dialogue, its hard to cast most of those spells because the dialogue starts before you can cast the spells most of the time.
11. Even though i rescued 2 people from the burning inn, the game ignores it. and will tell i dint rescue anyone after resting.

Last edited by Slotenpiloot; 13/10/20 08:03 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Not sure if it's been mentioned (20 pages is a lot to sift through), but a button to offer all wares to a vendor would be good. Neither my husband nor I have located one, despite being able to mark things as wares.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Yeah, I had the same issue. Which is weird because it existed in DOS2. Seems like an oversight on their part.

I also could not understand the toggle on top for Trade/Barter. No clue what changing it to trade does.

Originally Posted by coredumped
Yeah, I had the same issue. Which is weird because it existed in DOS2. Seems like an oversight on their part.

I also could not understand the toggle on top for Trade/Barter. No clue what changing it to trade does.

Its explained on one of loading screens, witch is kind of a bad way to place a "tutorial" as we do not have one for trading.
I guess its expected from players to know such things from the get go. How to trade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgct3Jn8pFA

^kind of this. But barter is exchange goods for goods and that is all I know, I have no clue how value of goods or worth and amounts of said items are determined.

O
stranger
stranger
O
First of all, BG3 will be a great game no questions on that, Larian is on a good path. This post is based on a “whatsapp” chat by 3 individuals aged around 33-40, so as you predicted from our ages we all played BG , Icewind Dale, Never Winter, Fallout, Wasteland, Pillar of Eternity, Dragon Age, DOS series and of course played tabletop DnD as well. We would like to share our options on both positive and negative aspects on what we saw on early access.

Positives:

 Great Graphics (although color palette are too vivid on outside, indoors and underdark are amazing. Maybe day and night cycle can improve this)
 Great Storytelling (so far so good)
 Interesting Companions (we are looking forward to learn the story about them)
 Dnd 5ed. combat rules generally adapted good and it is fun to play
 Items are relevant and means something not only upgrade our damage output(it was the worst part of DOS2)
 Amazing sandbox approach, lots of ways to solve quests
 Level of humor in game is just right
 Interesting NPCs
 Level designs are great so far
 When you see Underdark you understand that the game is only preparing you to this dark wondrous world all along.

Negatives:
Players already had incredible feedback on negative aspects and we are mostly agreed on what they said. For not repeat already said things again, some aspect are too little explanations.

 Party Movement/Selection
This topic is the most important one. Following selected member path is not working. Unbound/bound characters are time consuming and irritated. Why didn’t you use the same mechanic that all other games did. If it is not broken why you change it. All the action we have to explore on the maps jumps etc. or on combat approach stealth positioning etc. need full control on party members. For example if you forget to ungroup characters and go for stealth some idiot follows you and BAM!, you are detected. Or you want to move to one area but forget to group your characters and some are stayed behind. Really frustrating. Please use the conventional method on that. Add a “Select all party” button and please left click to character select character not speak. Lastly if you could add the option to use the old BG cursor symbol it will be a nice touch and nostalgic =)

 Combat log ( too weak, need improvements. We want all the details!)

 Better UI ( need more information on spell, dice rolls, character sheet, proficiencies) We want all the details!

 Chance to Hit Percentage
Automatic calculation of chance to hit, is okay for newcomers. But for more experienced players on higher difficulty levels, chance to hit percentage must not be seen. As you know characters didn’t know AC of the beast or that enemy, maybe bestiary is a good addition to collect this information, their weakness or powers. (certain spell doesn’t affect etc.) Also with good combat log and additional information we can easily calculate what dice will hit what dice will not hit.

 Party speaking
Already many players debated on it but here is a quick example. I have a thief and a warlock talking in my group, and there is a lock that needs picking and freeing the prisoner, which one should try to unlock, warlock or thief ?
I think you try something new on current approach but you need to think it again and come up with a solution on this.
Maybe we can select some roles for the party members so that if a lock needs picking, the rogue would do it every time.

 Elemental Surfaces
This approach works perfect on DOS but not BG, please tune this. DND have so many spell and other mechanics it is not depend on elemental effects

 Cantrips
Same as surfaces, cantrips had no surface effect on Dnd, they are overpowered with elemental effects.

 Scrolls
I think it is a bug that every class can use them. Wizards use healing scrolls , clerics use wizard scrolls??

 Too Much Containers
Why? Not cool! It is like a lazy student choose big font size to finish his one page homework. We have too many thing to do in this game why we are wasting time to click every container. Wayyy to many containers, if a player have OCD he/she will be hospitalized.

 Inventory Management needs a lot of tuning. For example, after reading a note or a book, the inventory closes itself.
While equipping characters, you can equip wrong characters in the multiple inventory screen.

 Dice Rolls
We think roll dice calculation need revamp (added not deduct the bonuses). Also yes dice roll is important on our way to play but don’t forget we want to play on our decisions not all my choice determined by dice rolls. If dice rolls are interrupting my choices on all front what is the point. Some tuning need on this topic.

 Npc Dialog ( one liner dialog cut scene is unnecessary)

 Pathfinding (related with surface effect, need better pathfinding)

 Jump/Disengage/Shovel (very hot topic, we like its feel but it is overpowered. Need tuning, regards bonus actions usage and rogue aspect.)

 Party Size 5 or 6 member party will be perfect but we guess it is not possible to change it now =(

 Camping/Resting
One short rest per day is not enough, especially not enough regards to warlock spell system. However long rest is available at all times, this drastically lowers the game difficulty. Camping idea is a nice touch like dragon age, we liked it but it is irrational to teleport to camp whenever you want. There are good examples on other games, one of the best we think is pathfinders resting approach. Need some correction about on number of rests and how to rest on dungeon levels when you can’t have access to camp.

 Leveling
There is no information what will you get on next level. Character sheet is missing many information. Level progression must be seen easily. Again pathfinder has good example on that.

 Art work
DOS vibe is too much. Item icons, ui, type font can be change this vibe. Small changes can made great impact how it feels.

Thank you very much

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I would very much like a giant rat animal companion for the ranger. I have no idea how badly it flouts the rules of 5e, being a 2nd edition and 3.5 kiddie, but... feedback!

Page 20 of 41 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard