Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by niktest
Dear Larian,

I'm a long term RPG player (a little bit more than 25 years, both digital and pen&paper, DMing and playing), I'm going to buy the early access to BG3 and I'm planning to play it on PC. Speaking about romance & companionship, I'd love to play it on couch co-op with my wife: is this option going to be available on early access? That would be lovely! ;-)

Local split-screen won't be available right away, unfortunately. To play multiplayer you'd need two devices playing over the internet. Split-screen is coming, though!

stranger
stranger
Dear Composer,
many thanks for your answer! We'll be waiting for split screen: in the meanwhile we'll find some other ways to play. The game obviously.

Yeah, the update seemed great, not so keen on the explicit sexual content though, that chart of poses seemed rather awkward.

I was hoping this would be family friendly enough to introduce DND to my little brother :'D I guess not.

Banned
Banned
Will we be able to get married?

stranger
stranger
I too would really appreciate a "PG" toggle of some sort. I don't really want to see any of that stuff myself, not to mention having to explain things if one of the younger members of the family walk by :P.

Also by having it be a toggle, the people that want it can have it, and those that prefer not having it (I'm honestly surprised at how many I saw in this thread, thought I'd be the only one lol) can skip it.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by 321BoltsOfLight
I too would really appreciate a "PG" toggle of some sort. I don't really want to see any of that stuff myself, not to mention having to explain things if one of the younger members of the family walk by :P.

Also by having it be a toggle, the people that want it can have it, and those that prefer not having it (I'm honestly surprised at how many I saw in this thread, thought I'd be the only one lol) can skip it.

I agree. I would appreciate this too. Since we have a system of tags, it would surely be pretty straightforward to put a little check box somewhere in Character Creation that would give your character a no-romance tag, so that you would never need to be offended by this sort of nonsense.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Rhovaniel
Originally Posted by 321BoltsOfLight

I agree. I would appreciate this too. Since we have a system of tags, it would surely be pretty straightforward to put a little check box somewhere in Character Creation that would give your character a no-romance tag, so that you would never need to be offended by this sort of nonsense.

Yeah because romance is nonsense. If only I had an eyeroll emoji here.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Silent Cetra

Yeah because romance is nonsense. If only I had an eyeroll emoji here.

Romancing made up characters in a computer game? Well, yes, it is.

journeyman
journeyman
I expect yoiu';ll be able to turn down invites to sleep with someone so... umm.. turn em down?

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by BrianDavion
I expect yoiu';ll be able to turn down invites to sleep with someone so... umm.. turn em down?

That is not enough. You shouldn't even be asked. Imagine a workplace environment where people felt free to hit on their colleagues. That would be awful. Having unwelcome advances made standard in a game is really not acceptable in today's society given the difficulties we are seeing with sexual harassment. Having a toggle doesn't remove anyone's fun and benefits everyone.

journeyman
journeyman
I don't mind sex and nudity in games, they wouldn't do it if there wasn't an audience for it but I think it's time and money that could be better spent elsewhere, especially in a game like this. Like, you can put in the time and effort for sex scenes but can't put swords in scabbards?
It's a little unrealistic for there to be no romance, given the situation, but I think a fade to black would be just fine.
Although, with how bad the cutscene animations are, sex scenes could be hilarious.

addict
addict
There are a lot of interesting responses when it comes to romance in an rpg game. I personally do not mind having romance in an rpg game because you are role playing as the character and if you were living in this world, would you not be attracted to someone? Although Larian is creating Baldur's Gate 3, they did not create Baldur's Gate. This was originally a BioWare franchise. If anyone knows anything about BioWare is that they love doing romance. For Example, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, SWTOR and Baldur's Gate 2. As for the sex scenes in BG3 being explicit and some of you not liking that, all I can say is you don't have to romance them. That won't affect your gameplay, it never does. The only thing that does change with Romance is party banter and some of that is just hilarious, especially from BioWare. You realize how funny and nosey your companions are. I notice that BG3 has banter and I would love to see what my companions say when it comes to relationships. At the end of the day having romance in a video game is not a big deal. It always a choice, it's not forced.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by qhristoff
Why though? It looks like more time was spent on making sure anyone can fuck anyone than was spent on actual writing or character development.

I know now what kinds of gamers work at Larian. The kinds who care more about fucking goblins for the lols than about the adventure itself.

I hate playing D&D with people like that, and I can guarantee I will hate this game now.

This isn't D&D. This is pre teen masturbatory soap opera trash.

This kind of cringe garbage makes me REALLY not want this game now. It keeps looking worse and worse with every update.

You really need to get over yourself. Not everything has to revolve around you. If this is something that really disturbs you then its a good thing you are only playing early access.

Note your objections and move on to a new game. There is no need to insult the developers of the game over a personal bias that you may have of certain types of players and/or playstyles. That's just rude and inconsiderate.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Siliconhobbit
Originally Posted by qhristoff
Why though? It looks like more time was spent on making sure anyone can fuck anyone than was spent on actual writing or character development.

I know now what kinds of gamers work at Larian. The kinds who care more about fucking goblins for the lols than about the adventure itself.

I hate playing D&D with people like that, and I can guarantee I will hate this game now.

This isn't D&D. This is pre teen masturbatory soap opera trash.

This kind of cringe garbage makes me REALLY not want this game now. It keeps looking worse and worse with every update.

You really need to get over yourself. Not everything has to revolve around you. If this is something that really disturbs you then its a good thing you are only playing early access.

Note your objections and move on to a new game. There is no need to insult the developers of the game over a personal bias that you may have of certain types of players and/or playstyles. That's just rude and inconsiderate.

+1

journeyman
journeyman
These subjects are always a matter of personal choice and perspective. Some players will jones for this content and enjoy it in their own ways. Others will abhor it and avoid it like a plague. However, forcing the choice, forcing individual views and perspectives is the bigger problem on the table here.

From what I have seen in the game, it is a choice to go down those paths. Sometimes it makes sense to choose it, and other times it does not.

For those who don't want sexual relationship in the game: Don't pursue it? The game doesn't force you to.

stranger
stranger
+1

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by IanTheWizard

Are you guys really fine with having romance with such a half-man?

Half-man... and half-elf! It's because she's a half-elf. wink

But in all seriousness, I never thought she moved or acted masculine at all.
Even if she was, I wouldn't mind as much unless it felt forced.

journeyman
journeyman
I seriously talked three sentences to the vampire elve and knew that he is attracted to my character. Thats really poor writing, sorry.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by ThreeL
I seriously talked three sentences to the vampire elve and knew that he is attracted to my character. Thats really poor writing, sorry.

.. why?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by BrianDavion
Originally Posted by ThreeL

.. why?

Cause thats not at all deep, also unauthentic and unrealistic. When you put marginalized groups in a videogame they deserve better than "Look at me iam gay heeeey".
Besides that iam not the opinion that this character fits at all in that universe. He is 100% not forgotten realms

Last edited by ThreeL; 13/10/20 10:38 PM.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard