Print Thread
#692451 12/10/20 11:38 PM
R
Rhend Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Has anyone found more than 2 magical 1h finesse swords?

I'm cleaning up the Underdark now, but all I've found is 2, 1h magical swords, one of which is being sold by the smith at the Druid Grove. With him, he disappears after you get Halsin out, and you really can't afford to buy that sword from him until after you clear that camp.

It's weird, I've seen 2, 1h finesse magical swords. But at least 6 magical greataxes, at least 6 magical great swords, 5 or so magical long swords, 4-6 magical "martial" weapons, basically 1h maces/hammers. 4-6 magical bows. The only magical weapons that seem to be getting shat on is 1h finesse swords and staves. Kill a dozen Drow, and don't even get a single Drow scimitar out of it.

Has anyone else noticed this as well?

C
stranger
stranger
C
The Zentarim Hideout sales guy Brem sells a +1 dagger and a +1 scimitar.

I also got a Steelforged Sword (from the Blighted Village I think) which is a +1 short sword.

Last edited by Crewell; 12/10/20 11:53 PM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
There's a few +1 shortswords hanging around, though I can't remember where I got them. If you get the sussur bark you can make a +1 dagger, too, so there's at least enough for two characters to dual wield.

R
Rhend Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Crewell

I also got a Steelforged Sword (from the Blighted Village I think) which is a +1 short sword.

I seen how to get to the hideout once, but I can no longer find the thread. Can you point me in the right direction? Also, thank you for the info =)

R
Rhend Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by fishworshipper
There's a few +1 shortswords hanging around, though I can't remember where I got them. If you get the sussur bark you can make a +1 dagger, too, so there's at least enough for two characters to dual wield.

How were you able to craft the dagger? Was it at one of the Anvils? I've tinkered with them a ton but can't seem to get them to actually do anything.

R
Rhend Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Crewell

They did have more there. But for me he didn't have a Scimitar. He had 2, +1 Rapiers though. Is it possible the trader has different goods each play through? Or could you be wrong about that Scimitar? Unfortunately can't duel wield Rapiers for some odd reason =/

N
old hand
old hand
N
You have the short sword of first blood, which adds a damage dice on a creature who is full HP when you strike. A great opener weapon for a rogue.

Last edited by Nyanko; 13/10/20 07:13 AM.
R
Rhend Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Nyanko
You have the short sword of first blood, which adds a damage dice on a creature who is full HP when you strike. A great opener weapon for a rogue.

Got that one. I wasn't able to buy the +1 in Silvanus Grove before the guy went away. So trying to find another now. I'm really disappointed that there doesn't seem to be any actual Drow Scimitar's, or +1 scimitar's. Looks like there's only 2, +1, 1handed swords that can be dual wielded. Going to keep scouring every corner though, maybe someone missed something.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Rhend

How were you able to craft the dagger? Was it at one of the Anvils? I've tinkered with them a ton but can't seem to get them to actually do anything.

In the house in the village with the Underdark entrance in its basement, use the bellows to light the blacksmith's forge. Use the now-lit forge (as you would the anvil), place the sussur bark into the unoccupied slot in the now-open crafting menu, and craft it. This will turn the coals' flames blue. Then, put the dagger (or other weapon of choice) into the crafting menu, same as you did with the bark, and craft it. A dialogue/cutscene will begin. It does not accept magical daggers, only regular ones.

Last edited by fishworshipper; 13/10/20 08:36 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Rhend

In the house in the village with the Underdark entrance in its basement, use the bellows to light the blacksmith's forge. Place the sussur bark by itself in the forge and craft it. This will turn the coals' flames blue. Then, put the dagger (or other weapon of choice) into the crafting menu, same as you did with the bark, and craft it. A dialogue/cutscene will begin. It does not accept magical daggers, only regular ones.

Oh so this is how it works. Thanks for the info. I didn't manage to find out how to make them cause when you open the forge box, the interrogation marks made me feel it wasn't implemented yet. Very confusing.

Link Copied to Clipboard