Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 46 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 45 46
M
stranger
stranger
M
It's black screening me after the Nautilon ship.

Here is a copy of this problem that hit many users. I haven't seen any sign that the support had read the individual threads, so I assume they only read this sticky thread.
Feedback on what is reported and what isn't would be greatly appreciated smile (though it's more easily done in individual threads than in a massive thread with lots of posts).

http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=683105&page=1
http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=89294&Number=687923&page=1

Since the first EA release, when I start the game from the launcher (either GOG or directly with LariLauncher.exe from the Launch Baldur's Gate 3.lnk),
- in DX11: I have a black screen, no mouse cursor, no sound. I waited for a long time to be sure, but nothing is happening and I have to kill the process to get back the control on Windows
- in Vulkan: it depends, usually black screen but with waiting mouse cursor, no sound. Or crash to desktop.

I tried to find relevant logs but not sure what would help.

@support: could you please give at least some feedback to say you have seen the problem, and to tell us which logs could help you pinpoint the problem?
There's a long thread on that already, but without any sign from you I have to assume you haven't seen it yet, so I've created a new one.

A work-around that works sometimes (1 out of 5-10) is to launch bg3_dx11.exe as admin, maintaining the shift key. I don't see why the user should have to do that for a process which is not supposed to be elevated.

L
stranger
stranger
L
In the myconid village I became unable to save because the game thought I was mid dialogue. I'm not sure if the location is relevant, I attempted to quicksave after having spoken to a mushroom and 2 of the nonmushrooms and was given the message that I could not. It looked like glut tried to initiate a conversation with Shadowheart at the same time as my main character started one with one of the vendors. after I got out of conversation the conversation indicator was on shadowheart but it exited as soon as I switched to her, after that I was unable to save. I could start new conversations with her, I could not talk to glut however. Fast traveling, resting, leaving the area were all unable to fix this error and I had to reload from the most recent save.

Edit:
The second time through glut spoke to me first and after that conversation I talked to the Dwarven vendor and I didn't get any error. I was able to save after. I imagine it was caused by simultaneously triggering conversations.

Last edited by Lablover; 13/10/20 10:26 AM. Reason: Added details to second attempt
O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by wizard0013
Hold Person isn't able to target Redcap.

This is not a bug,
Redcaps are of type "Fey" not type "Humanoid", so Hold Monster would work on this creature (Hold monster is a higher lvl spell you won't find it in the early acces yet since max lvl is 4)

for more info
kobold is a humanoid type example https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Kobold

Redcap is a fey type example https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Redcap

Last edited by oblivious; 13/10/20 10:47 AM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Cannot use detect thoughts spell even after resting. It's just greyed out saying Not Enough : Spell Slot? https://imgur.com/a/A9xP1Vy

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by SpiderKiller
I was just about to post this. I cannot long rest without crashing

So it's not only me. Good to know...

Originally Posted by SpiderKiller
AAAGGGHHHH. I went back hours and reloaded an old save and tested the long rest. Well, it didn't crash, so I thought I was all good. I have started the "Save the Duke" quest so many times, which is where the save was (right before helping break down the door to start it). Went through, saved both people and looted everything, because why not. Haha. Well I went back to the fountain out front and clicked to end the day. Went to long rest, and crashed again. Seems to be some kind bug with the quest.

Is "Save the Duke" the Wakeen's Rest thing? I did that (saved both people and found the dead girl) a long time ago - way before doing the goblin camp. If it's problem with the quest - perhaps the Devs might help? I stopped playing since I can't long rest. I hope that someone fixes this soon....

Last edited by taumix; 13/10/20 11:59 AM.
veteran
veteran
I failed my Rogue check to tell the goblins (at the Blighted Village's windmill) about a non-existent stash of gold, but paid the 5 gold toll to the goblins, and was permitted to pass. I crossed to the other side, but as I approached a Worg, it spoke, talking about bones beneath my flesh. Then combat initiated. With my entire party completely surrounded and badly outnumbered by the goblins.

Should the Worg have initiated battle even though I was permitted to pass, because that was a hopeless battle.

stranger
stranger
Here goes my list of bugs, sorry, if some were mentioned before:

- Lots of beards have strange graphical glitches, like Gale and the man trying to save the mindflayer;
- the walls and webs paths had were blinking and glitching as I moved the camera in the spider cave;
- Had a crash when unequiping gloves mid combat;
- the ogre that speaks with you in the blighted village, sometimes just moved it's mouth, with the rest of the body rock solid, looking like a animatronic;
- the mercenary in the bridge had a lot of back flexibility when the dragon passed by, his animation was very strange, flex his upper body did a 90 degree angle when he looked up;
- in the village that was burning, the house to the left of the main building entrance, with the woman's body on the upper floor, I had to use jump to get to the stairs, because the game didn't let me walk to it;

enthusiast
enthusiast
- When I pick up the sussur bark the quest "Finish the Masterwork Weapon" doesn't update and the quest indicator "Sussur Bark" follows me around since I have the quest item in the inventory.

C
stranger
stranger
C
During the quest "Raiding the Grove" - I am unable to speak to Minthara afterwards. This is a gamebreaking bug for me.

More people have the issue, read here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/j8whq0/stuck_in_raid_the_grove/

"I've also cleared the entire Grove and now I can't speak to Minthara anymore and a few goblins can't be spoken to either."
"have you found a fix?"
"Sadly no. I loaded that save again and it was still stuck. I can attack or pickpocket Minthara, but that's it. I started a new game until a hotfix."

Last edited by chromatic91; 13/10/20 12:53 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I don't know if my message has really is place here but:

Is this normal that you can move an object like a barrel a illimited number of times in a combat? And that my ranger pets can do it too?

This cause a bug where a barrel respawns in the room at the ruins in the beginning of the game. The barrel was indestructible, in a door, and the only to go through was to jump over it.

Has to be already reported but when you steal the antidote to Nettie, she acts like you convinced her to give it to you.

Last edited by Diemove; 13/10/20 01:03 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Scrying Eyes have no death animation, they just freeze and hover in the air forever when killed.
Destroying war drums (like the ones near Minthara) does not prevent the drums from being used.
The goblin simply stands there banging on air while the drum audio plays.

H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
Hello !

I'm currently playing the EA and I have had a few bug that I'd like to report.

About Will quest :

- When you meet the first goblin in the village, sometime you may oneshot the gobelin or just make his hp drop from 10 to 0, resulting in the goblin dying without asking you to spare his life. I dunno if it's intended, but it made it a bit impractical.
- After the goblin beg and talks, Will ask you to kill him. If you do so, the next time you talk to Will, he ll blame you saying he had no infos from the goblin, even though he talked with him first. Same result if you straight up kill the gobelin.

When you meet Bruthos :

- No conversation started. The gobelins were already hostile. After I killed Bruthos, I talked to his dead body. Will got infos, but in my journal the last update was still ''Will is mad because he couldn't talk to Bruthos). there was no special conversation with him afterward even though it's seems like an important part of the quest.

- Githyanki Dragon rider mouth doesn't move when you choose dialogue option to says the truth , in Lae'zel quest.
- During several dialogue, mouth doesn't move.
- I believe this is the ragdoll thing in the first post, but in some fight like against the githyanki, dead body stretch out and polygon go crazy.
- Initiative order is often wrongly displayed.
- Ethel (the hag) final encounter doesn't trigger. Have to reveal her with AoE and kill her to finish the quest.
- Dunno if its intended but the pathfinding of the character can be weird. They ll go in acid puddle, fire puddle , or whatever harmful surface instead of circling around. Also, when the shortest path is jumping , they may jump from a huge height instead of just circling (happened to me at the camp.
- Dunno if its intended, but sometime character will attack and interrupt your jump which is supposed to disengage you. A few time, enemy attacked me during my own turn and suppressed my own attack (might be a counter).
- Some enemies take like 5 seconds to decide what they will do during the fight, resulting in super long fight.
- Can't talk to Karlach about the accusation of the fake Tyr pally. The choice seems a bit restricted, being basically ''I'm with them, you die'' or ''I'll take care of it''. This might belong more to suggestion but I feel like it cool be cool to have talk options and not just the dead body clue.

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Spoilers for Astarion:
Astarion drank my blood and I somehow failed all my charisma-checks. So I died. I had the party resurrect me the next morning. Everything was fine, but I did not replenish my spell-slots. That seems rather counter intuitive. Especially since I'm playing a warlock and my spell-slots should even replenish on a short rest.

Additionally the above-mentioned scene looks absolutely ridiculous, if Astarion is wearing something like a Drow-hood. Consider ditching the helmets in some cut-scenenes

journeyman
journeyman
There is a cave, where the survivors are at, with the Gnolls, and there is a ladder that goes to a crate. When going up the ladder, it automatically climbs down the instant you reach the top. Clicking the crate does nothing. This is the other cave entrance, not the one the Gnolls have covered.

journeyman
journeyman
Got into the fight with the Gnolls at the survivors location, and I'm trying to have Gale throw a barrel to cause an explosion, but he won't do it. There is nothing on the screen saying too far or anything. He moves but will not throw a barrel. Then I tried to select from the throw menu, and nothing is selectable.

journeyman
journeyman
Doni just grunts at me after finishing the beach quest.
Maybe because I talked to him way earlier without having completed the quest?

vel Offline

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Infinite approval exploit at camp with Scratch.

Every time I pet Scratch at camp, my approval rating goes up with Shadowheart. I used this to take my approval with Shadowheart from Neutral to Exceptional. Im not sure if this affects other party members, as Gale and Lae'zel are already at Exceptional approval from the hag's well (another infinite approval exploit I've previously reported on here.)

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
There seems to be an issue ,with Auntie Ethel:
After I followed her down into the caves there was some dialogue where she threatened me. And... then she switched to hostile and just stood there. Even after attacking her I didn't end combat and she just let me eldritch blast her to smithereens.
I even reloaded an earlier save and tried again, but she just seems to be completely bugged.
Also there is some kind of special-flower there. But nothing happens when I interact with it.

Additionally: When Gale got to lvl 4, the new spell selection did not take into accounts spells already learned by reading scrolls. So it offered duplicates. I was also not able to choose scroll-learned spells in the prepared spells selection on level-up.

Last edited by Ectheldir; 13/10/20 10:51 PM.
Page 12 of 46 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard