Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Is anyone else getting a headache trying to keep on top of their character's inventory?

Let's be honest: once you start picking up quest items and everything else it quickly becomes a big mess.

What about a dedicated inventory space/page for quest/misc items? These items literally weigh zero.

A filtering option would be nice too e.g. at the top of your inventory, there are three icons which can be toggled: sword, a chestplate, a potion. Let's say you're looking for a bow, you would click the "sword option", and all weapons in your inventory would glow yellow.

What do you think?

Last edited by Coffeebreak; 11/10/20 09:50 PM.

11.10.2020 - completed Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access using a Ranger Beast Master.
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
bump

11.10.2020 - completed Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access using a Ranger Beast Master.
apprentice
apprentice
Inventory management is currently a mess, I use bags to hold stuff like quest items, keys, scrolls, and potions. Not a perfect solution, since you can't just drag and drop on a bag icon, you have to open the bag and place it in a specific spot in the bag. But it let's me quickly sort through a fresh round of looting. There is also "send to camp" for stuff you want to keep but don't need right now. I'ts particularly cheaty if you send all your explosive barrel's to camp till you need them but so be it, it's the game we have right now.

I assume inventory management still has several passes to go through before it's ready.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Koshea
Inventory management is currently a mess, I use bags to hold stuff like quest items, keys, scrolls, and potions. Not a perfect solution, since you can't just drag and drop on a bag icon, you have to open the bag and place it in a specific spot in the bag. But it let's me quickly sort through a fresh round of looting. There is also "send to camp" for stuff you want to keep but don't need right now. I'ts particularly cheaty if you send all your explosive barrel's to camp till you need them but so be it, it's the game we have right now.

I assume inventory management still has several passes to go through before it's ready.

Same, except I use the bags to store those things I intend to sell. I think this was anticipated because the value of the bag becomes the sum of its contents. This also makes it easier to engage with merchants because all I have to do is drop one thing into bargaining window.

C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C

That's a good suggestion about splitting up your items into bags. Thanks. I'll try that.

I've sent stuff back to my camp - but to be honest I have no idea where to look for it?

And I agree. I hope they pick up on this point. It's sub-optimal at the moment.

C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by DistantStranger

Same, except I use the bags to store those things I intend to sell. I think this was anticipated because the value of the bag becomes the sum of its contents. This also makes it easier to engage with merchants because all I have to do is drop one thing into bargaining window.

That's another really nice idea re selling all of your junk in one go. Thanks. I'm going to do the same.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Coffeebreak
I've sent stuff back to my camp - but to be honest I have no idea where to look for it?

This stumped me for a while, as well.

Out of the main camp area is a trunk with all your gear, it is in shadow and not easy to spot unless you use ALT. You need to wander across to the trunk to access it, I don't think there is any 'instant-access' button.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
They NEED to address inventory clutter in more than one way.
This is just the first act, imagine what sort of inventory the player could be wrestling with by end game.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Best way to address useless inventory clutter and vendortrash is to just have less pointless loot really. It's not exactly engaging, interesting or good in anyway. Just time consuming.

C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Originally Posted by Coffeebreak

This stumped me for a while, as well.

Out of the main camp area is a trunk with all your gear, it is in shadow and not easy to spot unless you use ALT. You need to wander across to the trunk to access it, I don't think there is any 'instant-access' button.

Thanks, man. This needs addressing by Larian. I hope they're reading these posts. Our feedback is pure gold dust.

Last edited by Coffeebreak; 13/10/20 06:05 PM.

C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by blazerules
Best way to address useless inventory clutter and vendortrash is to just have less pointless loot really. It's not exactly engaging, interesting or good in anyway. Just time consuming.

Agreed. It should just appear in a special and separate "quest related inventory".

The books get on my nerves. There's so many and I'm unsure whether to sell any.

Last edited by Coffeebreak; 13/10/20 06:06 PM.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Inventory management is a real chore. Moving 30 items from one character -that I’m about to disband from the party- and moving it to my character, only to have another character join the party, and give them said items. Blah.

I’d much prefer each character have their equipped items/gear and everything else goes into a party bucket. Encumbered Max is the combined party total.

I’d like to see less items overall. Less empty chests/bags. If they are empty, don’t even make me be able to interact with it. Holding the (is it alt key?) to highlight all (some) bags/items should only show items based on the active characters perception (and those party members within vicinity), but I’m getting picky now. Just less interacting with pointless items. Less clutter.

stranger
stranger
Bluntly, the inventory system sucks. It's cumbersome, and has lots of bugs. Trying to organize items in individual bags is almost impossible.
Example: You have your inventory open and a bag open. You want to move items from your inventory to the bag. Once the first screen of the bag fills up and you scroll down to show a row or two of empty slots, when you drag an item to one of those slots, the bag resets to the top. Then you have to scroll down to free space again, move another item and repeat.
This is tedious and flawed beyond belief. Any open inventory or container should stay exactly where you have it open and NOT reset its location whenever an item is put into it.
In addition, when you "read" a book or paper, the inventory screen closes. This is just nonsense and needs a major overhaul. It would also be nice to be able to resize container windows by dragging the sides or corners as in Windows.
Should also be able to drag an item on top of a closed container and have it put into the container.
Autostacking of items should be done. Right now some identical items (same picture, same description) don't stack at all.
Should be able to sort items inside of a container, not just your main inventory window.

Last edited by TheodorickIV; 19/10/20 03:38 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard