Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
After initiating a dialogue with Auntie Ethel at her place, I left on neutral terms. Shortly thereafter, I had a fight with the goblins in the blighted village. During the fight, there was a journal update saying things turned violent with her when it clearly didn't happen. She wasn't hostile when i went back to visit her and I could proceed with her deal as usual.

Lets hope that this is a bug and will be removed and not uploaded to the larian servers as outcome of the quest and indication that players chose to murder there way thru whole game.
Before they start getting any metta data they should fix the quest tracking bugs and bugs related to quest.

It makes for very bad writing and game design if only one outcome is forced upon the player as DnD and rolle playing games are not about linear story telling but about possibilities and outcomes and there resulting fallout and possibilities that come from your choices leading to more quests and outcomes. Shoehorning players and in this case my character in to decisions is a terrible choices. This is not a book or ego shooter on rails and the story cant be linear.

veteran
veteran
Somehow I had several updates about her quest popping up several times across my playthrougs that never seemed to relate to what I was doing at the moment.
I initially thought the quest was on some sort of hidden timer and the update meant I missed a time window to do something, but it turned out to be just a glitch with the diary.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by cloudyreader1
After initiating a dialogue with Auntie Ethel at her place, I left on neutral terms. Shortly thereafter, I had a fight with the goblins in the blighted village. During the fight, there was a journal update saying things turned violent with her when it clearly didn't happen. She wasn't hostile when i went back to visit her and I could proceed with her deal as usual.

I also had this exact journal update when I finished the goblin quest but hadn't even visited Auntie Ethel's Teahouse at that stage.

Had the same issue. Did later go back and murder her though.

Link Copied to Clipboard