Print Thread
#693428 13/10/20 12:01 PM
D
DamarW Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Jumping the entire party around, one character at a time is a pointless, meaningless waste of time. Just let them auto jump if the destination lands on an area that needs a jump!

P
stranger
stranger
P
Also, maybe not have the party walk right into fire, acid or anything dangerous when they follow me.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by Philbe2020
Also, maybe not have the party walk right into fire, acid or anything dangerous when they follow me.

Do they? That didn't happen on my playthrough. They always stopped before fire. Acid is not dangerous as it doesn't do dmg.

Asterion always stops before entering running water

It's interesting that on the Nautoloid, when you cross the gap just before meeting Lae'Zel, your Intellect Devourer pet jumps automatically when you do. But this happens nowhere else in the game.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Imendil
Originally Posted by Philbe2020

Do they? That didn't happen on my playthrough. They always stopped before fire. Acid is not dangerous as it doesn't do dmg.

Not universally, the pathing still needs some work though. There's about an even chance between the party navigating around hazards or just plowing through them and taking damage, and then a smaller chance of them just getting stuck there if the AI can't find a path, even though there almost always is.

It's especially common for them to rush through anything on the ground after a battle to the character being controlled though. That needs to be changed.

veteran
veteran
+1 for bioth : the auto jump and for a better pathfinding (surface)

Last edited by Maximuuus; 13/10/20 07:31 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
X
apprentice
apprentice
X
I think auto-jump for out of combat would be super welcome.

Not only does the AI really need more options for enemies to deal with pathing issues but it's a bit of a pain to have linked team members unable to follow.

I don't know how hard this particular change would be for general AI given all the extra directions the AI would need to check (could make the AI too slow) but at the very least they should make it so that when a player jumps, it adds that jump as a new possible path for the AI.

K
stranger
stranger
K
This is something that I would love to see. There are occasions where if you don't split the party and your leader has jumped somewhere the others will go and try to find another path. Have had this trigger events/combat unintentionally.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Imendil

He does that because of what he is. So it's funny Larian hard coded that behavior in his character but didn't code in perceived hazards on the ground for the other companions. And in my IMHO it's actually irritating with astarion trying to take a different path when near water as it has several time led him to aggro mobs that I tried to apprehend from another direction. i.e. the owlbear cave

H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
Would love that auto jump feature.

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by endolex
It's interesting that on the Nautoloid, when you cross the gap just before meeting Lae'Zel, your Intellect Devourer pet jumps automatically when you do. But this happens nowhere else in the game.

Damnit someone beat me to it. Wantrd to day just that xD

Apparently that part of the code is there as 'us' can do it
Why noone else?

Link Copied to Clipboard