Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#693554 13/10/20 01:06 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
`When does Wyll tell you the truth about his condition and why does he think he can masquerade as a swashbuckler when all his abilities point to being a warlock?

Last edited by Hoarfrost; 13/10/20 01:13 PM.
old hand
old hand
Somehow we're not meant to know that hes a warlock until he tells us hes a warlock, but hes already a warlock with warlock skills so that kind of defeats the point.

W
veteran
veteran
W
If your character is a warlock you can call him out as soon as you meet him but he will demur and evade until he is ready to tell you his backstory.

P
P
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost
`When does Wyll tell you the truth about his condition and why does he think he can masquerade as a swashbuckler when all his abilities point to being a warlock?

I hope that the plan is to make him a Hexblade warlock, or at least take Pact of the Blade. Although 1) he starts at lower level than where that choice is baked in, which isn't quite thematic, and 2) tbh the Imp familiar is amazing and I'd miss it.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost

It's a roleplaying game! laugh

.i.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I think they've positioned him to probably be Pact of the Blade, but given the art for him on the loading screens, I'm guessing he's locked into being Fiend pact? I think him being a hexblade would make sense, but we don't know (or I at least haven't seen) that Larian is going to add content from Xanathar's Guide to Everything in, so we may not even get hexblade anyway. It is pretty weird that you can't really talk to him about being a warlock even though you know immediately as a player that he is one. Just creates an odd disconnect.

stranger
stranger
Shadowheart has a similar problem.

She wants to absolutely, positively keep it a secret that she's an acolyte of Shar.

Which a quick glance of her character page won't instantly reveal...

I get that we're supposed to find out some things in-character, but these secrets are rather in-your-face the moment you check their respective descriptions.

Maybe the full release will obscure them somehow?

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
what id like to know is where are those abilities he used when he entered the fight against the goblins at the druid grove enterance? He has none of those abilities (the shimmering blue field).

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Oldnight
what id like to know is where are those abilities he used when he entered the fight against the goblins at the druid grove enterance? He has none of those abilities (the shimmering blue field).

I'm unsure if it creates the blue field, but is that not either mage armor or blade ward?

Azazane #694329 13/10/20 07:22 PM
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Azazane

She wants to absolutely, positively keep it a secret that she's an acolyte of Shar.

I get that we're supposed to find out some things in-character, but these secrets are rather in-your-face the moment you check their respective descriptions.

Well, if only the fact she's an acolyte to Shar was what she really wanted to hide. She's got a more interesting story as to why she was on the nautiloid in the first place. Which makes her god reveal being more like a smoke screen really.

As of Wyll, he just died in the first battle against the goblins. I wonder if I will see him again inside the camp XD

Last edited by Nyanko; 13/10/20 07:23 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Oldnight

Those weren't abilities, it was the horn.

Azazane #696446 14/10/20 01:37 PM
journeyman
journeyman

That would only really work if we can't control them until they reveal their secrets, otherwise we're going to see that Wyll has Eldritch blast. Shadowheart would have at least some more plausible deniability, but... C'mon, with that name?

Ramien #696531 14/10/20 02:16 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ramien

That would only really work if we can't control them until they reveal their secrets, otherwise we're going to see that Wyll has Eldritch blast. Shadowheart would have at least some more plausible deniability, but... C'mon, with that name?

It says shes a cleric of shar in her character panel, never mind her name.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard