Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#693887 13/10/20 04:08 PM
Flavius Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
If you carry a candle 🕯️, when the fight starts, you just drop it, click to light and "dipp" your weapons... Free elemental fire bonus. Dippable should be remove from the game. And the cantrips redone.

addict
addict
True !

veteran
veteran
Wax burns, so if you imagine coating the blade in the wax and lighting the wick, I can see this remaining in the game... if, and only if, it consumes the candle. But probably an infinitely re-usable free fire source at will is not what Larian imagined when they put in the "dip" system.

However, I expect that Larian will look at this trick, nod in approval and leave it in.

S
S
Eh, wax doesn't burn in a solid state though. It melts first and would slide immediately off the blade. I don't see it working.

journeyman
journeyman
I think the issue is more with dropping, lighting and dipping counting as just 1 bonus action in total. Leaving your action for the dipped weapon. There is a slew of non resource things you can do in combat that absolutely should count toward your AP pool. Like switching gear in and out like your chest piece. Dropping items all over etc.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I think it would be a splendid use of the rogue/thief two bonus actions ability to be able to use the candle trick making it not doable by others in one turn

N
old hand
old hand
N
Are the effects cumulative? I haven't tried yet but can you have poison and fire on the same blade?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think we should need specific items that let us dip our weapons, not just random surfaces or candels. In you put a sword in a campfire for a couple of seconds you are not going to have a flaming sword, just a sword with a bit hotter blade.
If instead we need one action (or bonus action) to use an oil flask on our weapon and THEN another action (or bonus action) to dip said weapon in the fire it would make so much sense and would be more balanced.

apprentice
apprentice
Off topic, but so far i was able to dip in fire on the ground, or coat my weapon in poison.

Are there other options? Dipping in acid or ice seems not possible so far....

enthusiast
enthusiast
I remember in DOS there was an option to create water bomb arrows. Man with all the fire in BG3, I would really like to figure out a way to do that here.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Newtinmpls
I remember in DOS there was an option to create water bomb arrows. Man with all the fire in BG3, I would really like to figure out a way to do that here.

There are plenty (really heavy) water barrels arround. Also some smaller and very light water carafe that you can throw. Not exactly an arrow, but still some aoe damage and a cleansing water area.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Flavius
If you carry a candle 🕯️, when the fight starts, you just drop it, click to light and "dipp" your weapons... Free elemental fire bonus. Dippable should be remove from the game. And the cantrips redone.

Dipping from a candle should probably be removed, but 'dipping' itself shouldn't.

.i.

Link Copied to Clipboard