Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Not sure if anybody else has had this happen, but after slaying the Green Hag in her lair and saving the girl, when the "X Approves" messages all popped up, one of the messages said something along the line of: UNDEFINED APPROVES, implying there's another companion somewhere in the code that wasn't complete for Early Access.

I would still be happy if we only had these five to choose from, as I find them good enough characters (both mechanically, and in terms of writing), but I'm definitely hoping we get a Tiefling in our party considering the many obvious links to Descent into Avernus they've shown us so far. At the very least, having a Barbarian or Paladin companion (if and when those classes are added) would help the cast feel a bit more rounded out--currently Laezel is the only melee/tank option we have. I love Wyll, but he's far too squishy to carry that kind of a role...

W
veteran
veteran
W
It’s already been confirmed that more companions (plural) will be added as EA progresses.

old hand
old hand
There are going to be more companions, just not necessarily more origin ones with tadpoles in their brains. They will be recruitable much later in the game.

The current companions are just all the ones that start off on the mind flayer ship.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 13/10/20 02:59 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I have a feeling the Druid Haslin is one of the companions, perhaps only after the second act or once they finish up the druid class. He has a unique build, a unique walk, a great voice actor and look and already comes back to your camp. Sure he might not be able to heal you yet, but I have a feeling he will join us. I loved killing every Goblin in the temple with him Bear tanking everything.

veteran
veteran
I've already met two top candidates, one with a worm, the other apparently without, but so clearly unique that they're almost certainly a companion.

stranger
stranger
There is a tiefling that jumped aboard the ship to escape the Blood War.....and she even says "do this mission for me and you'll get an ally".........so I'm expecting her to be a companion.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ti2sun
There is a tiefling that jumped aboard the ship to escape the Blood War.....and she even says "do this mission for me and you'll get an ally".........so I'm expecting her to be a companion.

You can straight up ask her to join, but she refuses to not put a target on your back from her hunters.

I'm guessing after you free her from the devils trying to capture her, she will join.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
There are going to be more companions, just not necessarily more origin ones with tadpoles in their brains. They will be recruitable much later in the game.

The current companions are just all the ones that start off on the mind flayer ship.

I’m quite sure that this is false, and that it was said in a reddit AMA that all companions would be origins characters.

journeyman
journeyman
Look at all the loading screens...all of it is just the original companions...I doubt they will add more.

Originally Posted by Hoarfrost
Look at all the loading screens...all of it is just the original companions...I doubt they will add more.

The loading screens aren't necessarily indicative of anything. There's several composited images with the available characters together in different compositions as well as in stand alone images. Each piece of character art is it's own piece (you can see them by themselves in character bios). So it would be easy for them to change up the composition with additional characters or make loading/splash screens with different companion groupings based on alignment. Since no other characters are announced as of yet, it doesn't make sense for them to leave spots open where they would be.

Photoshopping is easy.

N
old hand
old hand
N
I am pretty sure Karlach is a companion. After you complete her quest, she stays there doing nothing. And her story is just too compelling to be a random npc. They removed the line where you can recruit her.

Last edited by Nyanko; 13/10/20 10:28 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Fingers and toes crossed ...

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Warlocke

I’m quite sure that this is false, and that it was said in a reddit AMA that all companions would be origins characters.

Because things can't change in several years of early access.

veteran
veteran

This is something I've been wondering about myself. I just can't imagine we would not get more companions given this is only five in number. So the question for me is not whether we will get more companions (we will) but rather what kind of companions will they be? And here I don't even mean their alignment (I imagine they will have to be more on the good side), but whether they will be additional survivors from the nautiloid or companions we meet after the end of Act 1? Is there anything that a Larian person has said anywhere about companions being introduced after Act 1?

T
stranger
stranger
T
Some people have already looked at the code and determined that there are multiple additional companions that are tagged (including a certain Ranger with a Hamster). Larian still has a year to clean up and modify their code, so by no means should anything be considered final until release.

BTW If Haslin is a potential companion, I imagine his opposite, a certain Drow Priestess, who also joins you in camp, might be as well, since getting the Drow means killing Haslin.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by TonyKW18
Some people have already looked at the code and determined that there are multiple additional companions that are tagged (including a certain Ranger with a Hamster). Larian still has a year to clean up and modify their code, so by no means should anything be considered final until release.

BTW If Haslin is a potential companion, I imagine his opposite, a certain Drow Priestess, who also joins you in camp, might be as well, since getting the Drow means killing Haslin.

I ally with this Drow without killing Halsing. After, when i went to see Halsin, he left. And the guards were all dead. maybe he escapes?

Last edited by Ahharu; 14/10/20 12:20 AM.
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by TonyKW18

Shadowheart is already an LE Cleric, we don't need another. It would be weird to get the Drow. Also, she doesn't have a unique outfit.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard