Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Picclo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So I had just started the assault on the druid circle and gotten into one of the instanced rooms. After I cleared it out I left the room and the game crashed. The update immediately started downloading and now I cannot access most of my quick save games including the ones outside the druid circle. I was able to open a really old manual save
I'm not sure if there's a way around starting over or from a farther back save.

apprentice
apprentice
Same here just finish doing the update crashed as soon as it started loading my save, did file integrity check, tried all my profiles and various saves, instant crash to desktop. Going to go try and new profile and new game seem what happens.

System specs
Ryzen 5600x
Mobo MSI Tmahawk B450 Max
Ram 16GB DDR4 3200
GPU RX 6700 XT Latest drivers
WD 500 NVMe Pci-e 3.0
Windows 11 all updates installed
Picclo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
New Game seemed to work fine for me

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Picclo
So I had just started the assault on the druid circle and gotten into one of the instanced rooms. After I cleared it out I left the room and the game crashed. The update immediately started downloading and now I cannot access most of my quick save games including the ones outside the druid circle. I was able to open a really old manual save

I have the same problem. It keeps crashing.

11.10.2020 - completed Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access using a Ranger Beast Master.
B
stranger
stranger
B

Same here. I cant load to recent saves.

Last edited by Bedobur; 13/10/20 09:49 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Yup new game is working here as well, but i can't load a save from any of my 3 current profiles.

Last edited by Macxd; 13/10/20 09:57 PM.

System specs
Ryzen 5600x
Ram 16GB DDR4 3200
WD 500 NVMe Pci-e 3.0
stranger
stranger
Same here. Got a string of error messages when game first launches up, trying to get to loading screen: https://imgur.com/a/yttfYaN

old hand
old hand
Ill give the ever helpful "works fine for me!".

Im in druid circle, fake fullscreen, vulkan. Graphics took a long time to load and render - in a way they never have before. I wonder if it might be something related to that.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
Picclo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I only went dx11. I'll try vulkan...i didn't even think of that.

Edit: Vulkan also crashing for me

Last edited by Picclo; 13/10/20 09:53 PM.
old hand
old hand
I only went dx11. I'll try vulkan...i didn't even think of that.

DX11 does weird crap to my game for some reason. Im on a 2080ti and 4k monitor and stuff and Vulkan somehow has been rock solid haha

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
O
stranger
stranger
O
This is happening to me, as well. I have updated my RTX 2080 drivers, tried the game in both Vulkan and DirectX11, tried earlier saves and the game crashes.

old hand
old hand
Yeah, all I would do is mess with all the graphics options. Not much else you can do. Other than try like...one from 3 saves ago just to verify that it isnt a recent save corruption issue.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Same thing here. Anything recent at all will not load. Started a new game up - works fine. Have tried both Vulkan and DX11 (both were working fine previously). I tried 5 separate saves, some hard saves, some quick, some auto. All crash immediately trying to load.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Having the same problem. Tried DX and Vulcan, nothing. Couple seconds after I click "Continue" or "Load Campaign", the game crashes.

apprentice
apprentice
To add to the data, i can confirm that loading a save on a new profile/game works without issue using DX 11 haven't tried vulkan since launch day.

heres my system specs

System specs
Ryzen 2600
Mobo MSI Tomahawk B450 Max
Ram 16GB DDR4 3200
GPU RX 5700 XT Latest drivers
WD 500 NVMe Pci-e 3.0
Windows 10 2004 all updates installed

System specs
Ryzen 5600x
Ram 16GB DDR4 3200
WD 500 NVMe Pci-e 3.0
old hand
old hand
Im just throwing stuff against the wall because mine works in case it has any bearing on the issue:

Vulkan
Resolution 3440x1440, 60hz
Fake Fullscreen
VSync Disabled
No framerate cap
Ultra settings

No cross saving enabled - though guess what, the last 5 have been cross saved! haha
no twitch integration

Specs:
GeForce RTX 2080ti, 11gb mem running at 52°C
32 gigs ram
200 gigs free on the SSD the game is installed on
windows 10 64 bit
geforce drivers up to date
intel i74820 3.7ghz
ASUSTek p9x79LE

Last edited by Orbax; 13/10/20 10:12 PM.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Just updated -- same issue with everyone else.. can't load a recently saved game frown I hope there is a fix soon, I don't want to restart, yet!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Same problem here.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I'll add to the list, saying I have the same issue. Run-As-Administrator and holding shift to play didn't work either. Dx11 and vulkan no luck

stranger
stranger
Be nice to know if the new patch is bugged or if this is intentional (don't want to waste time troubleshooting if this is intended behavior)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard